You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 08:56:46 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Another Mortal Kombat....?  (Read 468 times)

Offline SilverTopic starter

• S' Lovely Iridescent Wife | D's 'Gangster' Wifey | Enigmatic Thoughtful Conundrum ♡
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: Where Schories Inspires ♡ Deep within Dreams and Winegum ♡
  • No matter where I go... here I am...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Another Mortal Kombat....?
« on: February 21, 2013, 06:44:26 PM »
While looking around this evening, I happened across a movie trailer for yet another Mortal Kombat movie.

Mortal Kombat Trailer 2013 HD

Do you believe this to be just awesome? Do you think that is has any type of Artistic merit?
Should they have tried to do this movie once again? Do you believe that this movie going to fail/suck? Think upon those questions while watching the trailer or afterwards and discuss. 

Offline Sasquatch421

Re: Another Mortal Kombat....?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 07:01:46 PM »
It's different to say the least... If this has Ed Boon's approval, could it be that they might and try to reset the series? The fight scene between Cage and Baraka wet my appetite, it was fast, furious and hard hitting. I'll give it a try, but I'm not as hard on game style movies as some are. I loved the first Mortal Kombat, the second wasn't all that great... I wonder if they got Robin Shou to come back as Liu Kang? Though the actor play Jax looks familiar... Michael Jai White?

Offline Remiel

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 07:06:41 PM »
Artistic merit?  Highly doubt it.  Still, from the trailer, I would go see that movie.    It kind of reminded me of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, with the darker, grittier re-invention of the characters.  As long as the story stuck to that kind of theme and style, and cut out all of the supernatural Otherworld nonsense, I'd go see it.

• S' Lovely Iridescent Wife | D's 'Gangster' Wifey | Enigmatic Thoughtful Conundrum ♡
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 07:07:55 PM »
Though the actor play Jax looks familiar... Michael Jai White?

I was thinking that as well, but it also look like someone else, who's name escapes me at the present moment. IMDB is like no help to me this time around, nothing really out not even the Actors in the movie, which kinda pisses me off a bit. Apparently they have a facebook pages so I will be checking that out later tonight I suppose.

Edit Alright, I watched it again.. yeah it's him... *coughs*
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:15:39 PM by Silver »

Offline Shjade

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 07:20:23 PM »
This movie is taking itself waaaay too seriously for the amount of silliness it's pushing in there. Inconsistently, too: why go to the trouble of making up some whackjob plastic surgeon who self-mutilated blades into his arms and then not even have him use them when he fights?

I predict terrible failure.

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 07:43:08 PM »
I was discussing this with someone while doing a bit more research. I was fooled.. so fooled.. that trailer, was not for the new movie that is suppose to be coming out in 2013/2014 but rather a web series...

I found it on Youtube, all intact and I will be watching it all tonight. There is a second season of the web series that will be released this spring so.. yeah.. *coughs*

My many apologizes..

Offline BlightRaptor

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 07:47:54 PM »
I was discussing this with someone while doing a bit more research. I was fooled.. so fooled.. that trailer, was not for the new movie that is suppose to be coming out in 2013/2014 but rather a web series...

I found it on Youtube, all intact and I will be watching it all tonight. There is a second season of the web series that will be released this spring so.. yeah.. *coughs*

My many apologizes..

It's OK Silver. All these web series are getting more and more professional, which is probably a good thing in the end.

Pokemon Apokelypse Inception Trailer (Short Film Directed by Kial Natale)

Offline Sasquatch421

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 08:02:12 PM »
It happens... They are supposed to be making a new Mortal Kombat though. That's all anyone knows....

Offline Avis habilis

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 08:07:00 PM »
Though the actor play Jax looks familiar... Michael Jai White?

Yep. With Jeri Ryan as Sonja Blade, no less.

Things must have been looking mighty bleak until ABC picked up Body of Proof for another season.

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 12:52:47 AM »
So I watched the whole first season of the web series....

I will say save yourself, if you want to watch it then only watch Episode #6 which is about Raiden. That's it.. stay away from the utter Cheese and 'Whine' of Johnny Cage in Episode #3...

But the trailer for the season season looks a bit better than this first season..

Mortal Kombat Legacy Season 2 Trailer

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 08:34:54 AM »
The trailer looks cute.  But how's the action?  I mean, it's Mortal Kombat, I'm interested in the Kombat.

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 10:08:15 AM »
The trailer looks cute.  But how's the action?  I mean, it's Mortal Kombat, I'm interested in the Kombat.

If you are looking for action then I would stay away from the first season, it seemed more about origins than anything else, filled with much cheese and 'whine'.. Like I said tho Episode #6 is all about Raiden, that one I will tell anyone to watch as it's a unique modern twist.... Hmm maybe Episode #9 as well... maybe.. 

Maybe people should watch it for themselves.. I am a bit bias and still pissed off that I was fooled a bit.... (Such a conundrum to be talking about this all night as well as nail polish on Mumble...)