You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 04:34:07 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Young Justice [Reboot]-recruitment thread  (Read 8312 times)

Offline CurvyKitten

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.
  • Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Young Justice [Reboot]-recruitment thread
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2013, 09:40:49 PM »
Glomps Rainbow~ YAAY..hehe I'd love to work out our OC here. :) and get our rp on together.

Offline zenpai

« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2013, 09:43:25 PM »
so do i need to change anything with my app or am i good to go.

Offline apygoosTopic starter

« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2013, 09:45:38 PM »
the power to stop ANYTHING near instantly is pretty over powered. Its like an OC I met on another comic board that was called Kami, who had molecular control of kinetics,  What if you changed the power to telekinesis? It could work simmilarly.

Offline RainbowRian

• The Rainbow Prince
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • Eyes are blind. You have to look with your heart.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2013, 09:47:30 PM »
Eh, Nah I think I will pass on it because she only has two powers.  But no big deal thanks for pondering the idea though and happy posting :)

« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2013, 09:52:20 PM »
okay, very well, sorry, but that power seems..to have nearly no limits. any power that can be described down to the molecular level is pretty damn powerful. It's nothing against your concept, but I'm trying to make sure theres no, one button fix

Offline RainbowRian

• The Rainbow Prince
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2013, 09:56:39 PM »
Okie Doke. Im slightly confused but it happens often :D

« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2013, 10:01:40 PM »
what are you confused on?

Offline BlackestKnight

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2013, 10:10:45 PM »
Less is definitely more with a roleplay like this one. I don't think YJ was meant to be on the same level power-wise as Justice League or The Avengers.
The problem with overpowered characters is that it's hard to write convincingly threatening villains for characters like this without coming across as plot induced stupid,  the idea is that you want to compliment the team, I like Michael Jordan I just don't want a team of them.  Even blue beetle who is arguably the teams powerhouse, is barely stronger than many of the villains that the team face so he has to rely and co-operate with the team and vice versa.  A big part of YJ is the team compensating for whatever individual weaknes with superior teamwork/co-ordination.  That's how they won all their battles pretty much.  I personally think a green lantern and someone who can manipulate molecules is too much . There's a reason why they don't have a green lantern currently in the cast.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:26:11 PM by BlackestKnight »

« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2013, 10:29:32 PM »
yes but a GL in training is not nearly as powerful as say, Hal Jordan, and is far more vulnerable than someone who can outright something in motion.

Offline RainbowRian

• The Rainbow Prince
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2013, 10:36:43 PM »
The one button fix portion of your statement.  But its really fine, its not good for a minimum power base game like young justice league.

Offline BlackestKnight

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2013, 10:38:48 PM »
yes but a GL in training is not nearly as powerful as say, Hal Jordan, and is far more vulnerable than someone who can outright something in motion.

How about this, how about he starts with only some of the rings powers and as the game progress, hell grow into the role learning more and more ways to use his ring. This is sensible, but he can't start with all those powers and barely any weaknesses. He needs a real weakness too. Like weak to magic.

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2013, 10:41:32 PM »

Which is why they should have written in Kyle to the show! It would have been perfect!

« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2013, 10:46:42 PM »
How about this, how about he starts with only some of the rings powers and as the game progress, hell grow into the role learning more and more ways to use his ring. This is sensible, but he can't start with all those powers and barely any weaknesses. He needs a real weakness too. Like weak to magic.
thats what i had in mind. His will power isn't as strong as the likes of Hal, John, or even, as much as i hate to say it, Guy.

Offline zenpai

« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2013, 10:51:33 PM »
this is why i wantted to be a red lantern.  i put all the weakess from the DC comics wiki. other then other lantern, lantern dont have alot of weakness.

this may sound funny but i cut out a lot of the green lantern power to begain with lol

Sorry to disrupt your flow. I will bow out. I have no intenion on makeing my Oc any weaker then he is already. best wishes
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:06:29 PM by zenpai »

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2013, 09:55:18 AM »
if any were intersted, the cannon characters Artemis and Wonder Girl are available as their players have bowed out from those characters.

Offline Ex68471

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2013, 07:07:01 PM »
Erm, apygoos?

I posted my character, but never received a positive or negative... Well, anything, really.  ;D

« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2013, 07:13:37 PM »
sorry! spark is approved, i think the red lantern  app kinds swallowed attention

Offline Ex68471

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2013, 02:10:27 AM »
It's cool. Lanterns tend to do that.

Bunch of showboats, I tell ya!

Anyways, should I go ahead and find a way to introduce him to the IC thread?

« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2013, 07:32:05 AM »
before everyone vanishes from that area id say so