You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 27, 2016, 06:00:05 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Halo 3 Single Player: Second Impressions  (Read 363 times)

Offline SabbyTopic starter

Halo 3 Single Player: Second Impressions
« on: June 06, 2008, 02:29:47 AM »
Everyone knows I'm a full blown Halo nut. And my opinions on the Halo series isn't all that great. I was hugely dissapointed with Halo 3, and I always felt that Halo Combat Evolved had the best Single Player Campaign. I realize I'm practically alone here and I doubt I'll get any replies to this topic, but I'll write it out anyway.

Because of a screw up with my games rental place, I've been landed with a few games that are way too overdue to return without dropping a few hundred their way. One of them is Halo 3, and I thought maybe I should give it a second chance. I went into the (horribly short) campaign with a clear head and pushed all comparisons to the other two out of my head. I was going to play this as a game and not a sequel.

While my opinion still stands (that Halo 1 is still the better of the 3) I'm glad I gave Halo 3 a second chance. My main complaints were that Halo 3 lacked the impact of Halo 1, and while I still believe that, Halo 3 is pretty damn intense if you play it well enough. All the explosions and gun fire and breaking scenery and screaming anbd random choas... it was only a few notches below Halo 1, and it had the full blown insanity of Half Life 2 with all the interactive physics.

My opinion stands. Halo 1 is, and always will be the better of the Trilogy, but I have much better opinions on 3 now that I've gone there again.