The story has been moved to the "NC: Exotic-Freeform Small Groups" forum so we're ready to transition to a multi player game.
The crew of the Icarus tops out at about 7. The basic plot of the story is reminiscent of the movie Prometeus: an expedition is sent out to explore the remains of an ancient alien civilisation. Although the details of the plot are still open and all input is appreciated some elements have already been established:
- The icarus mission is mankind's first encounter with extra terrestial intelligent life.
- The mission was put together in a hurry, the Icarus originally designed as an unmanned probe.
- The crew is in a state of hibernation during the voyage.
- The crew is initially unaware of the true purpose of the mission. Some crew member still in stasis may know more however.
- When your character wakes up the ship is in a state of emergency, being infected by a strange phenomenon that is slowly transforming parts of the ship (see the existing story thread for details). Your first mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to save the ship.
Eventually the ship will reach the destination planet. There they will find what remains of the alien civilisation. The story can take different directions here. It could be a lifeless planet save for some ruins and dangerous artefacts. Or it could be a world teaming with life, perhaps primitive survivors of the alien race. This part is very much up for discussion.
Your character can be basically anything that makes sense as a member for this kind of expedition. There is already a ship's engineer (Grayson) and a commanding officer (Karen). But there is room for a medical officer, an archeologist, a botanist, science officer, etc etc...
If you are interested, please let us know!