Solo Fantasy Game Wanted, Elements Negotiable.

Started by WyzardWhately, June 04, 2008, 07:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyzardWhately

So, I find myself having free time once again, and I thought I'd put some feelers out.  I would like to try having a 1-on-1 game, myself and a lady GM.  I am willing to negotiate precisely what elements should be involved.  I've broken this down into a list for convenience.  These are mostly suggestions rather than requirements, although hitting on all cylinders is better.  The big requirement I do have is quality of writing.  I'm not known for being exceptionally brilliant with words, but get by.  Some minimal technical proficiency with spelling, grammar, and wordcraft are all going to be prerequisites.  I just find a lack of any of those things to be too jarring to deal with.  In return, I will do my best to be responsive, reasonable, and fun to work or play with.

So, on to brass tacks.  I would like to have a one on one game with the following elements:
1. I do prefer to use a system.  I'm flexible about what that might be, and I'm also pretty cool with using it very little, let alone in anger ;) .  However, I find that it's easiest for me to think about a fantasy world if I have a sort of "physics" for it.  Also, they tend to give me a fair number of ideas for storylines.  I suppose I'm just weird that way.
2.  Fantasy elements.  I'm okay with almost any vibe from Conan to Exalted to modern occult erotic fiction, which I will not name examples of because so much of it annoys me.  But, elements of magic, supernatural creatures, etc., are all good.  So, possible spectrums range from the S&S to high fantasy to modern occult, and wild variations on any of those themes.
3.  I would prefer to be playing a male protagonist who is strong (not necessarily physically strong, but capable and competent).  I tend toward the slightly dominant, maybe even villainous or sinister.  NC elements are a strong possibility if the GM swings that way.
4.  I'm into having a large cast of characters and doing general world-building stuff, if my counterpart is interested in those things at all.
5.  I'm probably actually okay with eventually expanding the cast to more than a one-on-one game, but that'd require discussion and vetting and so on and so forth. 
6.  Thematically, I'm okay with life not always being easy for my character.  Life should be hard sometimes, even if we end up at the upper end of the power scale.

So, any thoughts, suggestions, or takers?  I feel kind of strange putting together a list of requirements for something I feel should be collaborative, but I guess that's the only way to make it work.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

Sabetha

Hmmm...well, I generally prefer free-form for online rping, but what would you say to 3.5 D&D rules where we reserve dice rolling for any combat/major opposed situations?  In other words I guess, we'd take 10 a lot.