News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Super Heroes - IC Started, Still Recruiting

Started by Primarch, January 24, 2013, 04:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

This is a sample character to show the difference between what you might send me & what might be posted to the character thread

Full version

Name: John Smith
Nationality: British
Place of Residence: London
Personality: John Smith is a swell guy, but prone to drinking. He'll have your back in a fight but is as likely to be paying prostitutes to dress up as various female villains in Britain. Flesh out further for a full and proper personality

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Codename: Captain Well-Hard
Outfit:
Captain Well-Hard wears a suit of riot armour under a brown duster jacket. A black mask conceals the entirety of his head, he also wears a beret.

Powers:
Intelligence: 2
Strength: 3
Speed: 3
Durability: 2
Energy Projection: 0
Fighting Ability: 6

The Captain's body was enhanced when he was struck by a lightning bolt caused by cosmic rays entering Earth's orbit. This has expanded the effectiveness of his bodies muscles.
Healing Factor: Short of losing a limb, John can heal from just about anything within 24 hours. He also has reduced need for sleep and food.
Muscle Memory: The Captain's body 'remembers' much more easily then the average person, thus he has managed to learn many martial arts to a high degree (including Judo, Muay Thai & Kung Fu) within just one year. His muscles also require much less effort to keep in top condition.
Enhanced Mind: The Captain's intellect is rising and no longer forgets anything. His mind has created its own archiving system so as not to become overloaded on information.

Skills:
Martial Arts: The Captain is a black belt in Judo, Muay Thai & Kung Fu, he is also a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do and a very proficient boxer.

Educated: The Captain has a degree in engineering.

Special Equipment: The Captain always carries a tranq gun, a grappling hook, a lockpick set & smoke bombs on his person when operating as "Captain Well-Hard."

Backstory:
John Smith had a very topsy turvy life. Although born to a relatively poor family his father made a small fortune by the time John was five, but lost almost all of it by the time he was ten. In school and his social life he was a textbook definition of mediocrity. Later on he attended university and got through just barely. He obtained his powers while dogging with a prostitute when he became distracted by a strange cloud formation, he went to examine and was struck by a red lightning. 

In early 2012 Captain Well-Hard appeared on the scene when he foiled a robbery. Soon enough others started to appear in Britain, but not using their powers for good. The Captain has seen them all to prison.

character sheet version

Name: Unknown
Nationality: British
Place of Residence: Unknown
Personality: The Captain is a swell guy. He'll have your back in a fight/ Flesh out further for a full and proper personality

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Codename: Captain Well-Hard
Outfit:
Captain Well-Hard wears a suit of riot armour under a brown duster jacket. A black mask conceals the entirety of his head, he also wears a beret.

Powers:
The Captain's body was enhanced when he was struck by a lightning bolt caused by cosmic rays entering Earth's orbit. This has expanded the effectiveness of his bodies muscles.
Healing Factor: Short of losing a limb, John can heal from just about anything within 24 hours. He also has reduced need for sleep and food.
Muscle Memory: The Captain's body 'remembers' much more easily then the average person, thus he has managed to learn many martial arts to a high degree (including Judo, Muay Thai & Kung Fu) within just one year. His muscles also require much less effort to keep in top condition.
Enhanced Mind: The Captain forgets nothing.

Skills:
Martial Arts: The Captain is a black belt in Judo, Muay Thai & Kung Fu, he is also a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do and a very proficient boxer.

Educated: The Captain has a degree in engineering.

Special Equipment: The Captain always carries a tranq gun, a grappling hook, a lockpick set & smoke bombs on his person when operating as "Captain Well-Hard."

Backstory:
  In early 2012 Captain Well-Hard appeared on the scene when he foiled a robbery. Soon enough others started to appear in Britain, but not using their powers for good. The Captain has seen them all to prison.

Primarch

I've received one character (hope you don't mind if I wait until tomorrow to review, its 3 AM in my parts) and in the interest of fairness I've sent my own character application to Aribeth, if I'll be reviewing/approving all of your characters and knowing all your secrets, only fair mine goes through an approval process and at least one of you is privy to my characters full story.

For now however, I'm off to bed. For those of you still online, feel free to PM me your CS's and I'll review tomorrow.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on January 24, 2013, 09:01:15 PM
I've received one character (hope you don't mind if I wait until tomorrow to review, its 3 AM in my parts) and in the interest of fairness I've sent my own character application to Aribeth, if I'll be reviewing/approving all of your characters and knowing all your secrets, only fair mine goes through an approval process and at least one of you is privy to my characters full story.

For now however, I'm off to bed. For those of you still online, feel free to PM me your CS's and I'll review tomorrow.

No worries, it's 3AM here too :P (England.) Good night! I'll be going shortly, haha.
-xSRx

Cold Heritage

I just sent off an application character sheet to Primarch myself. Hopefully I'll hear back something positive and will be able to offer a truncated version for others.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

MzHyde

I'll submit one tomorrow afternoon, as I will be at work all night.

Chreestafer

If your still looking im interested :)
id like to play someone with psychic style power, however doesnt know how to control them (along the lines of the movie Chronicle)
like where he feignts from to much power use, or nose bleed frequently

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

MaiMizzu

I think id be interested in an elemental type. Tomorrow I'll try to put together an app
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Thrasius

Yes, put me down as interested as well.  :-)

Blobbe

I am potentially interested in this, though I'd like to know what section you were planning to put it in before I commit myself or beign character work.

Chaeronea

Primarch, you mentioned that the characters are the first hero team in this world. Is the world in general aware of the existence of superhumans, like most comic book universes? Or is knowledge that superhumans exist a secret that is only slowly becoming public, like in the first season of the TV series 'Heroes'?

Are there any restrictions on origins for the characters or is it completely open (aliens, radiation-altered experiments, X-Men type mutants, and so forth) ?

What's the attitude of governments towards superhumans?

Primarch

Quote from: MzHyde on January 24, 2013, 10:16:13 PM
I'll submit one tomorrow afternoon, as I will be at work all night.

Cheers

Quote from: Chreestafer on January 25, 2013, 12:21:39 AM
If your still looking im interested :)
id like to play someone with psychic style power, however doesnt know how to control them (along the lines of the movie Chronicle)
like where he feignts from to much power use, or nose bleed frequently

Sure thing, sounds ideal.

Quote from: MaiMizzu on January 25, 2013, 01:12:05 AM
I think id be interested in an elemental type. Tomorrow I'll try to put together an app

Cool stuff.

Quote from: Thrasius on January 25, 2013, 01:49:59 AM
Yes, put me down as interested as well.  :-)

I will.

Quote from: KaylaM on January 25, 2013, 05:24:34 AM
I am potentially interested in this, though I'd like to know what section you were planning to put it in before I commit myself or beign character work.

I was thinking Light Exotic Small groups (to leave us open to alien/demonic characters & enemies). I was going to say 'bondage' due to the idea of characters being captured but I think its only required for that board if its bondage sex, as opposed to traditional capture and imprisonment so we'll stick with light. If memory serves you dislike non-con situations and for what its worth, I have no, nor have I had at any point, plans for that in this game.

Quote from: Chaeronea on January 25, 2013, 06:22:56 AM
Primarch, you mentioned that the characters are the first hero team in this world. Is the world in general aware of the existence of superhumans, like most comic book universes? Or is knowledge that superhumans exist a secret that is only slowly becoming public, like in the first season of the TV series 'Heroes'?

Are there any restrictions on origins for the characters or is it completely open (aliens, radiation-altered experiments, X-Men type mutants, and so forth) ?

What's the attitude of governments towards superhumans?

1) The world at large is aware of superhumans, but thus far the number of superhumans is tiny and legitimate information on them is generally classified on a very high degree, as such they are likely shrouded in modern myth and rumour.

2) There is currently no restriction.

3) That varies depending on the Government in question..and how much control they have over their Superhuman population (which might only be a single person, if even).

On that note I'm going to stop any further recruitment, people that have expressed interest thus far by all means feel free to put together an application and send it in (or ask further questions if needs be).

azzmeister89

I'll pm you a profile shortly if i havn't missed my chance

Primarch

Quote from: azzmeister89 on January 25, 2013, 09:14:20 AM
I'll pm you a profile shortly if i havn't missed my chance

Nope, not at all. Send it in.

Primarch

4 Character sheets have been generated thus far, so Character Thread coming soon.

That being said, we have enough characters now that fall under the physical heavy hitters so I'm going to close that down. So if you were considering a Hulk, Wonder Woman or a Superman, please start re-considering. Lots of room for Batman, Spiderman, Wolverine, Huntress & Jean Grey types....and much more.

MaiMizzu

Ill work on mine when I get home from work. Try to pm it to you. Uf not, then tomorrow afternoon
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

azzmeister89

omg i'm so sorry mine is taking so long to do, i'm currently stuck on writing his background, just need a little more time

Primarch

Quote from: MaiMizzu on January 25, 2013, 04:23:58 PM
Ill work on mine when I get home from work. Try to pm it to you. Uf not, then tomorrow afternoon

Sure thing.

Quote from: azzmeister89 on January 25, 2013, 04:32:59 PM
omg i'm so sorry mine is taking so long to do, i'm currently stuck on writing his background, just need a little more time

Don't worry about it!

Just a heads up guys, I'll be at a convention tomorrow and Sunday, I'll try get online at some point to update this and reply to any apps/app updates I've been PM'ed.

AribethAmkiir

Hey, Primarch.

Can we get an OOC started so that we can start discussing the setting, since we're making it from scratch, or do you want that discussion to happen here?

Considering it's a setting we're creating, writing a history that isn't going to need to be changed is a bit difficult.  The least we need is some communication as to whether the world is going to be similar to what exists now or if we're going to create an entirely new world where cities like France and London don't exist, or even if this game is happening in this galaxy. 

Primarch

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 25, 2013, 04:45:40 PM
Hey, Primarch.

Can we get an OOC started so that we can start discussing the setting, since we're making it from scratch, or do you want that discussion to happen here?

Considering it's a setting we're creating, writing a history that isn't going to need to be changed is a bit difficult.  The least we need is some communication as to whether the world is going to be similar to what exists now or if we're going to create an entirely new world where cities like France and London don't exist, or even if this game is happening in this galaxy.

I'll set up Character thread & OOC now, where we can discuss those questions.

Primarch

AribethAmkiir

Primarch

Right, 5 people approved and good to go.

How are the rest of you doing? If anyone is no longer interested and would let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

Otherwise, I'd like to start IC in the next couple of days (Wednesday maybe) and trickle people in afterwards if they need another bit to get ready.

azzmeister89

still having trouble with my characters back story is it ok if i just put in something simple so i don't hold anything up?

Primarch

Quote from: azzmeister89 on January 27, 2013, 04:26:06 PM
still having trouble with my characters back story is it ok if i just put in something simple so i don't hold anything up?

Sure

azzmeister89

I think i'm gonna have to pull out of this one, i'm having a major block with my character profile. I hope you all have fun with this though

C ya