New World: Salem Witch Trials

Started by Interested, January 24, 2013, 04:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interested

It's an alternate dimension. Colonists from another world, the Old World, England, Spain and other countries have settled in the New World and befriended the natives there. This is Salem, much larger than the historical Salem, with more danger lurking in the midsts. Witches are real, so are werewolves, vampires and other supernatural threats and even allies. Change He has settled California, and China already possesses some of the New World, so there will be other possible characters based on Chinese fable/folklore as well, the Spanish are to the South, as well.

There will be different characters during the witch trials, and things will be even more dangerous than the real world witch hunt. I might look up characters from the Crucible and add some of the original caste to this as well. There are Witch-Hunters, as well as Witches, and Vampire Slayers, etcetera, as I have said earlier. Providence is settled by the Quakers, a mysterious sect of Christianity that allows freedom of religion, in Rhode Island. . . You can go there if you end up persecuted.

For now though, you can play a Native, another member of a rival Colonial Power, one of the Puritans, and various races. You can be a villain, hero or walking the line, but you all must come to some agreement with one another to combat the invisible threat that is hunting both the mortal Humans and YOU, should you not be Human your'self.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Race:
AnyOther:
(Possibly ons and offs I suppose, although all that is irelevant to this game and not the focus of the role play).