You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 12:42:36 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: New Guy Looking For Home  (Read 774 times)

Offline DrykidTopic starter

New Guy Looking For Home
« on: August 22, 2005, 07:58:57 AM »
Hi there everyone!

I've just started here and everything is new and shiny... but with so much to choose from I really don't know where to go! Therefore, I'm asking for some suggestions - either from players or from GMs looking for players in great games. I'm not really a rules freak so if it's got a system then you might need to help me out. I'm more interested in freeform games - particularly modern, horror, superhero or fantasy games. I don't really have any limitations (apart from site rules of course), can play either male or female characters and enjoy playing with all kinds of people. In fact - I'd welcome the chance for someone to try and shock me! If you succeed, I'll give you a lollypop.  ;) What I'm most interested in, however, is something with a bit of story... something that I can get my teeth into. Any suggestions are welcome.

Online Vandren

Re: New Guy Looking For Home
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 08:13:01 AM »
Here're some of my favourites, with plots:

Medieval Mage Academy - mod: Me
Medieval Master and Servant - mod: Cindy1
Hogwarts: Students Having Fun - mod: Lancis
Haven - mod: Me
Champions of Justice - mod: bishrook

Offline DrykidTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 01:32:01 PM »
Thanks Vandren! I'll certainly take a look at the first two. I'm not totally sure about the Hogwarts game (I may never be able to visit a bookshop again if I play in it!) but I know of Haven and have certainly heard of Champions (which is what I assume Champions Of Justice is based on?)

;D

Online Vandren

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 02:09:20 PM »
Thanks Vandren! I'll certainly take a look at the first two. I'm not totally sure about the Hogwarts game (I may never be able to visit a bookshop again if I play in it!) but I know of Haven and have certainly heard of Champions (which is what I assume Champions Of Justice is based on?)
 ;D

Cool. :)

Nope, Champions of Justice is a freeform non-Marvel superheroes game.  I suppose if an analogy is called for, then Justice League Unlimited would be closest, assuming that the "bad guys" formed their own league too.  Largely it's a "help humanity" v. "rule humanity" argument (with variations on each side).

Offline Lancis

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 12:30:52 AM »
I am honoured to be in Vandren's list *thanks Vandren*

Often I find that just clicking on links to games and reading a few posts tell me what id like to play :)

The Hogwarts game is not Cannon (as in it does not follow the book stories)

You'd be most welcome if you are interested :)

Just take your time and find something you like, i dont think Elliquiy is going anywhere. :)

Online Vandren

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 07:24:11 AM »
I am honoured to be in Vandren's list *thanks Vandren*

Anytime . . . so, Norm gets a "by" in the first round of the Tournament, right?  Oh, sorry, wrong kind of tournament.  ;)