You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 24, 2016, 05:03:59 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Foreign Language Practice Threads  (Read 277 times)

Offline KythiaTopic starter

• Noooo-one Fights like Kythia no-one bites like Kythia
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • No one chain smokes Marlboro lights like Kythia
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Foreign Language Practice Threads
« on: January 14, 2013, 05:46:25 PM »
So, obviously E has a whole world of members and I thought it might be kinda cool to make a few threads for practicing foreign (i.e. not English) languages for non-native speakers.  And, in an ideal world, maybe a native speaker would be willing to drop in from time to time, who knows.  But obviously staff can't moderate what they can't understand and relying on Google Translate or whatever to do it clearly isn't practical.

So would such a predominantly non-English thread be allowed?  All I see in the rules is the This is an English community but then the discussion makes it sound like it's talking about a slightly different point.

And, if a thread like that wasn't feasible, would there be any objections to me posting an "advert" somewhere (Elliquiy U, probably) asking if anyone was willing to engage in that via PM?

Offline Caeli

Re: Foreign Language Practice Threads
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 05:53:32 PM »
I think there was talk at one point about creating a foreign language forum, but I'm not sure if that was shelved, is in the works, or never took off the ground.