The Town of Elliquiy (Reboot) <Interest Check>

Started by NaughtyKitty, January 13, 2013, 06:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yobo

I like this idea, and are definitely considering joining. Will have to do a bit more thinking regarding a character though.

Arion

Alrighty, got my idea figured out:

Character Name:  James Ibrahim Heidermann
Sex:  Male
Orientation:  Straight, Dominant
Relationship Status:  Single
Address:  801 North 3rd Street (located in the older part of town, where the residential begins to blend into the commercial)

Personality:  Typically the quiet type who always seems to be thinking about several things at once.  Highly intelligent but lacking in tact and compassion, he often says things that to him seem harmless but to others are insulting and/or cruel.  Becomes much more lively when discussing a topic that catches his interest, such as religion.  Easily aggravated if interrupted while doing something he considers important (which includes reading).

Dislikes: As per player's Off's where appropriate.

History:  James grew up in rural Virginia, the son of a soldier who had married a woman he met in Cairo while on deployment.  He breezed through school, though his near total lack of tact and compassion caused enough trouble that he came close to being expelled several times.  Showed a natural talent for journalistic writing, and worked on the school newspaper every year.  Became an atheist while a senior in high-school, causing a schism within his family that culminated with him being thrown out of the house with only the clothes on his back and a warning to never return until he 'got right with God'.  He worked odd jobs, including fast food and a cart-pusher at the local supermart, until graduation when he left his hometown for Richmond.

Once in Richmond James found employment with the Richmond Times-Dispatch, and quickly worked his way up to editor of several columns.  While doing so he courted a woman who worked in his office, Lisa Garret, and a short romantic relationship followed; it ended when James discovered that Lisa had been sleeping with two other men in the same building.  In a fit of rage, James beat one of the men badly enough to put him in the ICU, and was arrested soon thereafter.  He was found guilty and spent a year serving his sentence at the FCI Petersburg Low Security Facility.  During his time there his grandfather on his father's side of the family passed away in an assisted living facility, and James was named as the sole beneficiary.

Once he was released James used his grandfather's sizable assets to travel the country, going wherever whim took him.  Never spending more than a few months in one location, he drifted aimlessly until he came to Oregon.  Once there he fell in love with the towering mountains and dense forests, and when he reached the coast he decided to settle down again.  With what little remained of his inheritance he purchased a building in the town of Elliquiy, just off the main drag, and opened a bookstore:  Pacific Pages.  Since then he's become an accepted member of the community, though he has kept his criminal history quiet.  He lives in a loft apartment above the store, alone save for a rough-looking Persian that he took in just after moving to the town.  The cat, named Creeper has the run of the building and occasionally scares customers when they look down to find his single orange eye staring up at them ( image:  http://o3.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/76d38699a587b079c1c340bb39bbe72d  )
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List

NaughtyKitty

I like it, Arion!  And since I'm a big fan of books...it's nice to have someone running a bookstore!

Guess I need to get a Approved Characters Thread started!

Edit:
Hey....I know you said you lived above your store.  But if you wouldn't mind....pick a neighborhood that your bookstore is in and let's make up an address.  :)  It would also be good to have a relationship status (I assume single...but didn't want to presume)....and a name for your cat!  :)

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: JackWhite on January 14, 2013, 06:40:59 AM
What will the pace of this game be?

It's free form...so it's at whatever pace you and whomever you're writing with at the time is.  Or...if you want to write by yourself, then you can post however fast or slow you like. 

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: MagicalPen on January 14, 2013, 11:28:59 AM
I'll bite, though looks like we could use some more female participants.

I couldn't agree more!  Being the only lady in town at the moment and a lesbian to boot....things might get a little...strained!  lol.  Pester your lady friends and get them to come play too.

Quote from: Silver on January 14, 2013, 06:44:16 AM
I'm kinda intrigued....

Quote from: apygoos on January 14, 2013, 06:03:37 AM
im very interested in this

Come play with us, Silver and Apygoos!

Quote from: eiselmann on January 13, 2013, 11:41:17 PM
looking to join, if any female character in her mid-late 30's needs a teenage son then my character will be up for that...not looking for incest as such but then again :-)

I'm sure someone will take you up on that.  In the mean time...feel free to write a character (and maybe track down that Mom character you're looking for!).

Quote from: Nameless One on January 14, 2013, 05:02:39 AM
I'm interested, I'd like to have a wife (swapping, maybe?) or a very close girlfriend in the roleplay. If some player wants to portrait a married/engaged female character, please let me know. I'll post a CS as soon as I can.

It's your town....play as you will.  Glad to have you in the game.  And...if you were able to bring that wife/girlfriend with ya...that'd be great too!

Quote from: MCsc on January 13, 2013, 11:23:02 PM
Bookmarked this thread, I'll brainstorm a day or two.

Looking forward to reading your Character sheet!

Quote from: yobo on January 14, 2013, 11:40:08 AM
I like this idea, and are definitely considering joining. Will have to do a bit more thinking regarding a character though.

You're more than welcome to play, Yobo!

NaughtyKitty

For the record, the following Player's character sheets have been accepted into the game:

Arion - James Ibrahim Heidermann
Interested - Jake Shepard
MagicalPen - Peter Simon

And BTW: The OOC Thread is up.  Link is in the first post.

Arion

Quote from: NaughtyKitty on January 14, 2013, 06:26:13 PM
I like it, Arion!  And since I'm a big fan of books...it's nice to have someone running a bookstore!

Guess I need to get a Approved Characters Thread started!

Edit:
Hey....I know you said you lived above your store.  But if you wouldn't mind....pick a neighborhood that your bookstore is in and let's make up an address.  :)  It would also be good to have a relationship status (I assume single...but didn't want to presume)....and a name for your cat!  :)

Done and done.  Relationship status, address, and cat name added.  Let me know if anything else needs revision or additional info.  One of the things that I remember from my trips to Oregon was the coffee shop, cafe, deli, or bookstore on just about every corner.  Thought I couldn't go wrong with one of those, and I'm a big reader as well.

On the side, as far as the male-female character ratio goes, you could always put a limit on it based on the character's sexual orientations and genders.  Once one group fills to a certain level, no more can join until the opposite group reaches a similar level, with entry a first-come, first-serve basis.
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: Arion on January 14, 2013, 08:21:43 PM
On the side, as far as the male-female character ratio goes, you could always put a limit on it based on the character's sexual orientations and genders.  Once one group fills to a certain level, no more can join until the opposite group reaches a similar level, with entry a first-come, first-serve basis.

That sounds like a plan.  Though you could really help me out by seeing if any of your writing partners want to come play too.  :)

Arion

Quote from: NaughtyKitty on January 14, 2013, 09:06:57 PM
That sounds like a plan.  Though you could really help me out by seeing if any of your writing partners want to come play too.  :)

I'll ask around :)

Silver

Quote from: NaughtyKitty on January 14, 2013, 07:08:26 PM
Come play with us, Silver and Apygoos!

Hmm.. Give me till tomorrow afternoon to try and figure something out character-wise.. (And watch me post something at like 1 am possibly)
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: Silver on January 14, 2013, 10:00:40 PM
Hmm.. Give me till tomorrow afternoon to try and figure something out character-wise.. (And watch me post something at like 1 am possibly)

Hope those gears start turning!  I could use another lady in town! lol.

DudelRok

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Phoenixrisen

Hey, this thread caught my eye, and it looked like it could be a lot of fun. That said, I give you my character for consideration. Yes, Silver and I did do a bit of plotting together...

Edited age.

Character Name: Cassandra Castile
Sex: Female
Orientation: Exploring
Relationship Status: Single
Job: Beautician
Address: 3618 Washington Ave. (Loft)

Played By: Phoenixrisen

Appearance Cute, petite, and peppy.

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 120
Body Type: Slim, with moderate curves.
Hair Color: Fiery red with high and low lights
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Distinguishing Features: A small, pink heart tattoo on her right hipbone.

Personality Cassie is gregarious and full of life, her favorite things to do are to gossip with her customers during business hours and flit from one gathering to another after hours. By no means does she feel the need to hog the spotlight though. She utterly adores her best friend Isabelle and has a tendency to drag her more shy friend with her and help her shine. A sharp mind lurks behind her dark eyes, but she doesn't always remember to use it.

Likes: Chocolate, gossip, parties and gatherings, walking in a warm rain with no jacket, trying new things.
Dislikes: Boredom, stagnation, wearing heavy makeup, being the focal point of all attention. People who refuse to acknowledge Isabelle, or overlook Isabelle when she is putting herself out there.
Absolutely Nots: Anything that belongs in the toilet, any disrespect toward Isabelle.

History:

Cassandra lived her whole life in Elliquiy, and she and Isabelle spent a good deal of that time together. The girls met in preschool, and promptly fell into best friendship that they never seemed to fall out of. Life was easy enough for Cassie, her parents were decently well to do, and she managed to excel in her classes, whenever she put her mind to. That unfortunately wasn't very often, and more than once only Isabelle's instance that she actually study kept them from being separated by grade.

Nothing major happened to Cassandra until high school. It was freshman year and she'd made it onto the cheerleading squad through sheer pep and determination, and on her first away game, one of the players got a bit fresh. The rest of the basketball team got there right as she was trying to push him away, and he left her be after that, but in the aftermath, she ended up with a bit of a reputation with the jocks at school. One that was completely undeserved. Having no wish to let the idiot think that he'd hurt her, she remained on the squad for the rest of that year, but she gave it up after that. The rest of her high school career was plagued by lewd innuendos and suggestive comments, but she didn't let them get to her, and she did her best to ensure that Isabelle never heard any of it.

After high school, the girls moved to Seattle together where Cassie attended the Gene Juarez Academy, for hair design. She'd always loved playing with it, and jumped on the opportunity to learn how to make money out of a simple love of hers. The classes there were much more engaging than the classes back in high school had been, and she passed through them with flying colors. She was so engrossed in her studies that beyond hanging out with Isabelle, and the occasional party, one of which she lost her virginity at in a night of drunken passion, school was her main focus. It helped that her parents were still willing and able to support her.

After they'd finished school, the girls moved back to Elliquiy to put their training to use. They got a loft together on Washington Ave, and started their lives. Cassie got a job at the local beauty shop "House of Beauty", and built up a customer base, small at first given her love of color and her big city training, but it grew overtime. Now, she's one of the more sought after stylists in the town, especially when there's a big event in the offing.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

eiselmann

Character Name: Eli Hamilton
Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight,
Job: Student with a part time job at the local market
Played By: Eiselmann

Address: 6 Beach Rd

Appearance

Personality
Extremely fearless on his board be it surf or skate, resulting in more than a few broken bones much to his mothers dismay (his father left home before he started school) often leaves tasks and school work until the last minute preferring to enjoy all that life has to offer.

Likes: Surfing and Skateboarding, soccer ,world history and girls and most definitely women beautiful fully formed firm and toned women, women with great tits and a firm arse , women who have red hair and women who are blond , and of course women who are brunettes...its all good

Dislikes Self righteous dicks and his father and cabbage

History:

He's LA born and bred, a decent student his report cards have been the same forever ....could do better. Enjoying life or at least he was until his arrival with his mother to this little hick burg, he plans to open a surf shop in Santa Monica from the trust fund his grandmother left him, the trust fund his mother foolishly thinks is paying for college...as  if.

Popular at his old school without being a dick like some , he lost his virginity two days after turning sixteen thanks to his girlfriend.. ah ex girlfriends mum, by the time mother and daughter finished their screaming match the entire neighbourhood knew who he'd screwed including his very unimpressed mother.

260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Silver

Of course I sent this in a pm to you awhile ago and didn't post it here...

Yes Phoenix and I had a bit of brainstorming going on tonight over Mumble, I do apologize about that.

Edit Changed the age and minor edits.

Character Name: Isabelle 'Izzie' Perlot

Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight but secretly Bi-Curious
Religion: Spiritual, But not Religious
Job: Baker and Decroator at the local Bakery
Address: 3618 Washington Ave  (2 bedroom Loft)
Played By: Silver

Appearance Tall, quiet and thoughtful.

Height: 5 feet 6 inches
Weight: 140 pounds
Body Type: Athletic but quite curvaceous
Hair Color:  Blonde with Pink highlighted tips
Eye Color: Icy Blue
Distinguishing Features: A tattoo of a dandelion on her right wrist.

Personality

Isabelle often times is a very quiet person, enough so that her friend Cassie(Cassandra), often outshines her. But she secretly prefers it that way, never the one wanting to be out shining other people, at the risk of hurting feelings.

Likes: Music, Movies, Books, Baking, Cooking, Drinking, Clubbing. Linguine and Clam sauce, Red Bull, Cookies-any kind mostly, Eggs. The smell of the ocean, the sound of leaves crunching underneath her shoes. Dark Comedies, Sexual anything in the player's Ons. (My ons)

Dislikes: Rude People, Know it all People, Being the center of attention, boredom, loneliness. The smell of fish. Sexual anything in the player's offs. (My offs)

Absolutely Nots: Do not insult her best friend Cassandra, do not attack Cassandra. Basically anything dealing with Cassandra in a negative way. People who debating about cooking and literature. Sexual - Urine, Scat and Vore.

History:

Isabelle was an Elliquiy girl through and through. Born and raised in the town along side her childhood best friend Cassandra. The pair had met during the first day of preschool and had formed a bound that has lasted twenty-two years and counting. Isabelle's childhood was happy enough, yet there had always been the longing for a bigger family, having ended up as an only child.

School was one that Izzie secretly loved, reading was her escape from reality. During her freshman year of high school, reading was a daily activity, since Cassie had decided to join the cheerleading squad. That was one of the only times that it was feared their friendship might end. Yet it turned out only to be a phase and the friendship continued and grew even stronger.

When high school was over they both moved up to Seattle, their parents not thinking poorly of it, more than likely because of the fact that they were going together. Thanks to her wonderful grades Isabelle attended; The Art Institute for two years, seeking a degree in baking and pastry before moving onwards and upwards to Le Cordon Bleu. Life in Seattle went very well for the two friends, working hard to reach their dreams while still having one another, being reminded to not turn into totally different people; which often happen when people went away for school.

College was finished after a few years, Cassie stuck around in Seattle for an extra year since Izzie's degree took a bit longer to earn. Once finished the pair moved back to Elliquiy and got a loft together, ready to put their talents to use in the real world.
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

JackWhite

Character Name: Adam Fredricks

Orientation: Straight
Job: Manager of a Garage + Petrol Station
Played By: JackWhite

Appearance
Strong but not extreme muscular.

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 185 lbs
Hair Color: Dark brown
Eye Color: Hazel

Personality
An easygoing, active guy. Has no problems making friends and will always be one of the guys that enjoys the parties the most. Is known for picking up girls easy as well. Intelligent.

Likes: Parties, activity around him, friends,music, flirting, stupid jokes.

Dislikes: Traitors, lazy people, clothes that smell like smoke.

History
Adam's childhood wasn't perfect, not even close to it. His mother died while giving birth to him, leaving his father behind to raise him. It was tough, most of the time he was on his own since his father owned the towns only garage. People needed their cars and he couldn't stop working. His dad made sure that his little one got everything he wanted though but that couldn't fill the emptiness that he felt. Adam missed the mother that he never had. Getting older made things better for him though. Since his twelve he was usually hanging out around the garage, helping and socializing with his dad. He learned a lot about being a mecanic and he knew that he was going to take over the business someday.

Little did he know that the day that he took over business would comes sooner than he had expected and hoped. Barely seventeen he was when his father died. His aunt moved in to take care of him but that didn't work out very well. She tried to protect him from everything as if he was a little kid. Adam wasn't allowed to do anything but the work in the garage was there. Eventually they hired someone to do it but not much later his aunt left town due to a conflict. Adam joined the business again, not being just the owner anymore but he became a worker too. Doing everything that his father had learned him and more. Aiming for perfecting.

He didn't have time for college and fancy degrees. The one thing that made him happy between his seventeen and nineteen was the fact that he had been able to save the business that his father had been working for all his life. When he grew older he learned to live with his past and he understood that he couldn't be sad forever. He decided to get back in touch with the younger he. The one that played around and had fun.

In his past time he learned how to play the guitar and every once in a blue moon he takes it out for some acoustic songs by a fire with his friends.

apygoos

and there's the smokin hot redhead..
ill get aCS up later tonight ,ill likely be very busy today

Phoenixrisen

I was actually looking for a blonde originally...
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

yobo

Character name: Terry Moss

Orientation: Straight
Job: Fisherman, and the odd gig with his band
Played by: yobo

Height: 5'9"
Weight: about 175 lbs
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Dark

Personality: Rather impulsive, which can get him into trouble at times. A bit of a slacker, although he is a good worker once he gets started, he just prefers to take things a bit more easy.

Likes: Playing his guitar, partying and having fun with friends, flirting.

Dislikes: Things belonging in the toilet and other gross stuff, other than that Terry does have a certain curiosity...

History: Born and raised in Elliquiy Town, and he has lived there his whole life. He was never a keen student, and once he was finished with high school he started to work on the fishing boat his father owns. He still lives at home with his parents and sister. His mother works at a local grocery store, and his 20 year old sister works as a waitress while taking college classes online. In his spare time he normally hangs out with the other members of the rock band he is in, Anger Management Class. They occasionally get the odd gig, either in town or in a nearby town, but they aren't going anywhere at the moment. So they are basically just having fun before life catches up with them, and even though he still likes to claim he is going to make it big as a musician Terry knows that he will end up taking over his father's business someday.

Silver

NaughtyKitty

Newly Approved Characters:

Cassandra Castile - Phoenixrisen
Eli Hamilton - eiselmann
Isabelle Perlot - Silver
Adam Fredricks - JackWhite
Terry Moss - yobo

I need two things from each of you:

1) A link to your Home Thread.  This is where you will post when you're character is at home. 
2) A link to your Work/Business Thread.  This is where you will interact with customers, clients, etc that come to your place of business. 

Also, if you haven't picked an address...please do so.  Also, decide which of the 5 neighborhoods you live and work in.  You can find the short descriptions of these in the Locations Thread (first post in this thread).  If your business doesn't have a specific name....please pick one. 

Oh...and one other note for everything: OOC chat and plotting should move to the OOC Thread: OOC Thread - Click Here

RedEve

Is there any type of character you could use?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list