Post apocalypse world in the sky.

Started by Dashenka, January 08, 2013, 04:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashenka

Hello you Elliquiyans,

I have an idea to propose. (Actually two).

Post apocalypse.
It's a post apocalypse world that has wiped out civilization blah blah blah. Nothing special. The game will evolve around a group of survivors. I have a few options.

Water.
Basically it's the movie waterworld only different. Rather than small rusty things, the survivors will have bigger vessels available. Think fishing trawler size. Some managed to scavenge yachts and others managed to commandeer commercial shipping vessels. Resources are scarce so I'm thinking a bit of a struggle for survive with some slavery rules to keep things interesting.

Sand.
Again based on a movie, this time Mad Max but also a bit more modern. Think old trucks and hummers or any other kind of modern day land transport. There will be no water in this option. Again a small group of survivors in a desert like environment struggling for resources.

Air.
Based on.... nothing at all really. I can see a world covered in dense jungle. Only small traces of the big cities remain but they are completely overgrown. In the jungle live... creatures. Many, many scary creatures. Big ones too. Our group of survivors somehow managed to build a colony... in the sky. Like a big zeppelin sort of thing with many levels, powered by the wind and the sun or something. To get resources they use light aircraft, again powered on sun or wind to get to the surface of the planet to get food and water with all the risks that imposes.
Maybe some bandit groups on the ground that will hunt our group?

The air game it will be. Please if you are interested browse through this thread and if you have anything to add and/or want to join, follow this link to get to the OOC thread.

Dasha
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Miroque

I love the Air and Water post-apoc thingies and would love to join.

Moraline

I'm a big fan of post apocalypse stuff or I seen one group here running an "apocalypse is coming" type game. I like the idea of facing the challenges of things that cause the apocalypse like rising water levels, or sudden flash floods, and massive storms (rioters, looters, etc..)

Belisuavious

ElCapitan

I'd be interested in either the air or water ones. Or a combination?

eiselmann

Be interested in any of the variants and both stories,

Like the idea of a group protecting an area , so for example , in sand the group controls the only water supply for hundreds of miles, while in air they have cleared a patch of ground and have a budding plantation going and in water perhaps they have formed a base of a sunken oil tanker that's resting on a shallow(ish) part of the ocean (say its resting on an underwater mountain

Maybe in addition to getting power by sun and wind they could have tech like ankle gyro's which generate power with body movement that can be hooked into the mainframe, and with that a discovery that sex provides rapidly increased power generation.

with sex circus like the idea of slaves , illegal immigrants being forced to perform, but ordinary citizens can be guest performers who dictate not only the act but which members of the circus will star with them....think circus of the stars without the stars and much of the clothing...winner on the night gets to pick up ownership of their favourite member of the circus
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

mj2002

The Air scenario looks very appealing. It's also nice to have a steady rhythm in the RP since they have to get down into the jungle at times to resupply.

Dashenka

Quote from: eiselmann on January 09, 2013, 01:36:12 AM
Be interested in any of the variants and both stories,

Like the idea of a group protecting an area , so for example , in sand the group controls the only water supply for hundreds of miles, while in air they have cleared a patch of ground and have a budding plantation going and in water perhaps they have formed a base of a sunken oil tanker that's resting on a shallow(ish) part of the ocean (say its resting on an underwater mountain

Maybe in addition to getting power by sun and wind they could have tech like ankle gyro's which generate power with body movement that can be hooked into the mainframe, and with that a discovery that sex provides rapidly increased power generation.

I like that idea.

For the air idea I was personally thinking a mix of modern day with a bit of future and steampunk. So ankle gyro's would fit in perfectly. The clear patch on the ground sounds good but if their 'home' would be connected to the ground, they could big bugs on board who climb the ropes or the big baddies could bite or cut through the ropes. So their floating houses would be unconnected from the ground.

Any other ideas for an air based post apocalypse game? Plots? Sub plots? Characters? All those interested already could you give me a rough description of what kind of character you wish to play?

Miroque

Characterwise, it truely depends on theme. How long after the apoc, is the story starting off? And whats the tech level? If its steampunkish, then Im planning to create some sort of servant class (maid?)

eiselmann

having a pending natural disaster tends to focus minds.. a volcanic eruption would have serious reprocussions for all the variants

perhaps a few characters who believe that things can be reversed ..maybe even have it be some sort of cult that some belong to...so while they are part of the team they have there own agenda and work to bring about there believes whether the group as a whole likes it or not.

as for a character I do tend towards playing as young a character as I can get away with but with a position of authority..I love the idea of older people (women in particular) being subservient to a younger male, since its not a natural role for an adult to bow to the will of a teenager (okay um maybe I should say not natural in a sexual relationship way), maybe have him earn his keep doing external ship repairs...nothing like hanging upside down under an airship half a mile above land
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

Dashenka

I think the jungle setting with overgrown animals is sort of set for me. So maybe in the past there could have been some dramatic climate changes that nearly wiped out civilization and allowed animals to grow very big very fast. Double agenda's are fine though but there aren't a lot of human beings left around the world so who would they do it for? If you have a good idea feel free to work that out for your character. I love a bit of a good character.

One thing though eiselmann.... not to be knitpicking but could you try using comma's and capitals?

eiselmann

Sorry , typed the previous post in the dark, long story, so just rattled the thing out. Didn't even click that I'd not used capitals until I read your post.

As for this idea of wanting to reverse the forces of nature , I take your point limited numbers of humans reduces the likelihood that its a serious sub-movement, however, I think I will find a way to include it into my characters make-up, sort of a pet project if you will. Should have plenty of time to devote to it in between doing his job, having massive amounts of sexual encounters and trying to survive a world inhibited by King Kong's not so lesser cousins.

My ons and offs link

mj2002

Quote from: Dashenka on January 09, 2013, 05:21:05 AM
I think the jungle setting with overgrown animals is sort of set for me. So maybe in the past there could have been some dramatic climate changes that nearly wiped out civilization and allowed animals to grow very big very fast.
I like this setting as well. It's like a dangerous ground level that they can't really enter unless theyre extremely cautious or want to take big risks.

Dashenka

Just to make things clear... I don't want to play out the whole event. That would take too long. At the start of the game, the group has already been living the way they have for a while. Few years to few generations.

So for now, can I say we have the following players:

Dashenka
eiselmann
mj2002
Miroque
ElCapitan
Jecter
Prince Truhan

Can you all please confirm if you are still interested? And to everybody else interested, please do let me know.

Prince Truhan

mj2002

eiselmann

My ons and offs link

ElCapitan

Aw, c'mon Miroque.  You can pull double duty!

I'm interested.  The air over the jungle sounds fun.  I'm thinking a little bit of an older hunter type.  Survivalist, spear heads the landing party / hunting trips. Australian. Has a soft spot for clever girls.

Dashenka

Australian?? But but.. they got funny accents... and a fire problem. :D

Or was that unaccounted for?

As for the countries. It's only relevant if we start relatively early after the apocalypse. I mean two generations into the event nobody would care where one is from so maybe we should settle on that first?

And sorry for adding you twice Miroque.

Updated the list.

Dashenka

mj2002...

just realize we got the same text under our avatars :)

CET+1 is Eastern Europe? In that case we are from the same region as well.

mj2002

Quote from: Dashenka on January 09, 2013, 12:50:23 PM
mj2002...

just realize we got the same text under our avatars :)

CET+1 is Eastern Europe? In that case we are from the same region as well.
Central Europe, close enough. You actually made me realize I messed that up. I hadn't even noticed, but it looks like you're right about the personal text!

Dashenka

May I ask which country?

And how did you get to the Spirit of Ecstacy?

Siereis

Well this definitely sounds like a rather fun RP - plenty of room for a decent plot.  I'd like to throw my name in as well for playing.  At this point.  MY only concern is the lack of male characters.  As for myself, I'll probably play some sort of mechanic girl or something though of course I've only just started thinking about it.

However, there is one question I did have - so obviously this RP would probably have some form of sexual encounters.  However, just to be clear, were you thinking because of 'external' situations (like the enlarged creatures, etc), or would it purely be between player characters?

Dashenka

I leave that open for the player(s) involved. Somebody would have to NPC play the 'creature'. I'm at all times willing to do that so if that is something you'd wish, we can work something out.

We could play multiple characters and obviously our characters would not be the only ones in the group. I was thinking a group of about 50-70 people. Maybe with some small animals. I'll open up an OOC thread for this game soon with a link from here so we can start plotting :)