Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! [NC-H], freeform (think Lost, but open-ended)

Started by OldSchoolGamer, June 01, 2008, 02:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSchoolGamer

The Setting: Modern, changing fairly quickly to fantasy/Bronze Age.

The plane was gassed up and on the runway, engines humming at idle, pilot and navigator chatting idly about where they'd rather be than flying some dumb-fuck federal prisoners to Colorado. The answer, of course, was a couple miles away on the Las Vegas Strip.  But no, thanks to the subhuman dregs of modern civilization and Uncle Sam...a two-day layover in Vegas had been cut to one.  Two particularly nasty wanted fugitives--escapees--had been found, and the Powers That Be decided they should wind up at Supermax sooner rather than later.  There were a couple other prisoners, bound for the part of the prison that was merely maximum or medium security.

So the pilots had gotten text messages.  "Unsched flt.  Prsnrs.  LAS to DEN.  Gate 34, 1330.  Sorry to interrupt yr vacation.  Thx."  The pilots knew that Gordon Brinkman, their boss, probably was actually sorry.  He'd make it up to his men somehow, but that didn't make it suck any less for now.

Coming out of the airport gate were the prisoners and three guards.  If this had been a movie, the guards would have been carrying automatic rifles, but it wasn't.  So each guard had a .38 revolver and, more to the point, a Taser.  Far more practical weapons for the close quarters of an airplane ride.  The prisoners were wearing jumpsuits of thin orange fabric, and if any of them so much as said boo, a guard could send the Taser leads and a few thousand volts right through the flimsy fabric and drop the con like a sack of potatoes.  That, and shackles at the legs and arms, also made resistance by the prisoners a rather uphill proposition for the cons.

The prisoners did a slow waddle out onto the tarmac.  It was one-oh-three in the shade right now, and the procession of prisoners and guards was not in the shade.  The prisoners looked like orange penguins, shimmering in the late-spring Vegas afternoon as they waddled toward the plane.  By the time they were halfway there, the first beads of sweat were breaking out.  They began to feel, and smell, the kerosene-tinged backwash from the jet engines as they approach the plane...

You can play a pilot, a guard, or a prisoner.  Evil characters are allowed...indeed, encouraged.  The prisoners especially are probably bad apples, to say the least.  As you can probably tell from the title, the airplane will end up going down.  But not over the Great Basin or the Rockies.  As the characters will find out, they end up a very long ways from home.  And they're definitely not alone...

Jester

I like the idea of this but was wondering if you could perhaps bullet point some elements of the game?

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Jester on June 01, 2008, 01:38:31 PM
I like the idea of this but was wondering if you could perhaps bullet point some elements of the game?

Fair 'nuff.

This game will start in a vein similar to Lost, except that the party ends up somewhere a lot further away than a desert island.  There will be a whole Bronze Age world to explore here.

Objectives will be set by the individual characters.  No holds are barred.  Cooperate with your fellow party members, or try to rape and enslave them.  Try to find a way back to the world you left behind, or embrace your new surroundings and try and found an empire.  Work with the natives or try and dominate them.  The party will begin with a technological edge (firearms and a decent supply of ammunition, and a few other modern tools), an edge that is significant, but not insurmountable ("decent supply" of ammunition is very different from UNLIMITED ammunition...) by the native population.  And, of course, the party will not likely arrive as a unified whole...prisoner-vs.-guard dynamics will have to be overcome for starters...or one side will have to defeat the other.

I probably will end up using a SIMPLE system to keep track of your characters' vitals, but the mechanics will be kept behind the counter.  You'll just roleplay while I do any die-tossing that might be required at some point in time.

Oh, and one more point: you're not the only "Earthlings" to end up here...but you'll find that out later.

In short, this game has mystery, role-playing, sex (of course!), battle, and some political elements as well.

Characters can be male or female.  It's up to you what you did to become public enemy #1 (if you're a prisoner).  This game will feature nonconsensual sex, so be warned.  Any characters I play as GM are also available for sex, including NC. 

OldSchoolGamer

bunn

I would be up for this. It sounds incredibly in-depth and I'd love to see where it's going. I'd probably play a female guard. A young tough brunette of some sort. More people need to join! I hope they can see the potential like I can.

OldSchoolGamer

Welcome aboard.  One female guard signed up...any other takers, because at the end of the week this plane takes off even if she's the only PC on board...

delle

I wanna play a South American bitchy hostage held for acts of international terrorism and murder. :D

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: delle on June 04, 2008, 04:13:10 AM
I wanna play a South American bitchy hostage held for acts of international terrorism and murder. :D

That is quite acceptable as well.  We're up to one female guard, and one terrorist (or freedom fighter, depending on your perspective  ;) ).

Sabetha

I might be interested, but am unsure what role I might find within this game.  Probably a pilot, who'd likely become a victim fairly quickly.

Canuckian

I'm also very interested.  I'd like to play one of the prisoners.

Deathnote

I'm also interested in playing as one of the prisoners.  Maybe I could play as a male prisoner with a split-personality complex, but somehow denied a transfer to the asylum for the criminally insane.  :p

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Sabetha on June 04, 2008, 01:00:36 PM
I might be interested, but am unsure what role I might find within this game.  Probably a pilot, who'd likely become a victim fairly quickly.

That would be good.  Your character could be a part-timer, have a whole career aside from aviation.

OldSchoolGamer

Muy Excelente!

So far, the roster consists of:

bunn (female guard, "tough brunette")
delle (female prisoner, Shining Path (or somesuch) guerrilla)
Sabetha (female, probably a pilot)
Jester (TBA)
Canuckian (prisoner)
Deathnote (prisoner, schizo, (presumably) evil)

OldSchoolGamer

Jester

Well I can play a male or female guard.

What you short of ?

OldSchoolGamer

JK

I'm down to play the other pilot. An ex millitary type with a drinking problem and an alimony payment. Not particularly sadistic or belligerent, but willing to get while the gettin's good and more concerned with his own skin than his job responsibilities or his passengers.

Lemme know if you got room for me and I'll make a post in the OOC thread.
Where the witches are fireproof and every preacher's a madman.
O/Os + legit samples + f-list

OldSchoolGamer

Ferran

This sounds sweet. I'd like to play a prisoner. Specifically, an infamous sociopath who's kills are always the deranged, evil, or those he deems "deserve to die." He would be a kind of extreme vigilante, which would put him in conflict with both the guards and the other prisoners.

Dexter, from the HBO series, is a similar comparison.

OldSchoolGamer

Interesting character concept...my only complaint is we already have some psychologically unstable prisoner characters.  So if you could come up with something along the lines of a more typical ne'er-do-well, that would be great.  (I just think mixing three "crazies" together in a credible plotline would be pushing it.)

Adere

I'd so like to try this ;D

Question, can we be natives aswell? to the place that we're supposibly to be lost around?

OldSchoolGamer

Yes, there will be openings a bit later in the program for natives.

Adere

Mmm... I believe I'd like to play as one of them, though I'd like you to specify really what they are like? Indian style? Inka's? Regular people like in america ? I dunno

RedEve

I'd like to play one of the native girls as well. Perhaps one unfortunate enough to run into one of our less friendly visitors? :p
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list