You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 12:28:35 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)  (Read 25210 times)

Offline Michael Corvus

Re: SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)
« Reply #550 on: January 05, 2013, 03:33:29 AM »
To late for Parlay when your already caught. :P

Nuh uh! In fact, that's precisely what Parlay is for.

Parlay: If a pirate is captured by an enemy ship, he has the right to declare parlay, or temporary protection, until he may have an audience with the enemy captain. At this point, he cannot be harmed. Parlay is not considered concluded until said captives and captains have completed negotiations.

So... Neener, neener, neener! :P

Offline Ciosa

« Reply #551 on: January 05, 2013, 03:38:16 AM »

Parlay: If a pirate is captured by an enemy ship, he has the right to declare parlay, or temporary protection, until he may have an audience with the enemy captain. At this point, he cannot be harmed. Parlay is not considered concluded until said captives and captains have completed negotiations.

Me thinks he has the legal right of it....but I note he has not named the Pirate Captain in question he wishes to parlay with. 

Offline Ciosa

« Reply #552 on: January 05, 2013, 03:40:06 AM »
There isn't a SR book on thievery by any chance, is there?

Don't they all?

:D 

There is a cyberpirates book....

Offline Josietta

• ♥ The Sweet Lil Heartbreaker of E ◦ Princessa ◦ BabyCakes ◦ | Minx | SisterKitten | ~ MC Wifey ~ ✨ Ely's Bestie Babe ✨ ♥ Jewel ♥ ֍ Babygirl ֍
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #553 on: January 05, 2013, 03:42:48 AM »
More Pirates!? Oh noes!

*drags the Ciosa off to make use of the Captains Quarters* I hope he has rum in there....

Offline undisclosedtoyou

• .::.Day Dreamer.::. .::.E's Panty Inspector.::.
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #554 on: January 05, 2013, 03:43:30 AM »
Don't they all?

:D 

There is a cyberpirates book....

I might have to look that up, thank you very much.

Offline Ciosa

« Reply #555 on: January 05, 2013, 04:40:24 AM »
More Pirates!? Oh noes!

*drags the Ciosa off to make use of the Captains Quarters* I hope he has rum in there....

*giggles*

Eep!

*disappears behind an oak door*

Offline CurvyKitten

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.
  • Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #556 on: January 05, 2013, 04:55:05 AM »

Oh silly me I thought he was caught by the woman with sense of authority and handcuffs, not another pirate captain. Though I suppose if he'd rather get stuck with a stinky old pirate captain...hehe What ever works for you right. :P

Offline Senti

• Queen of Mooey Land
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: With the Mushroom People. Along with drinking tea with Loves whilst looking innocent, as well as dancing in the trees with Kendra...oh and digging holes in the garden and cleaning knives...: Goodness i am busy :))
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #557 on: January 05, 2013, 06:06:13 AM »
Well hopefully I will be up soon with my very sensible and well behaved character look at my halo  O:)

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #558 on: January 05, 2013, 07:24:52 AM »

Except that everyone knows the Pirate's Code is more like what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules.

Offline LunarSageTopic starter

« Reply #559 on: January 05, 2013, 08:43:01 AM »
Random question about Desperado....how does he have any emotions whatsoever, or even the capability to feel? His Essence is .01, literally the most cybered-out you can get without becoming a Cyberzombie.

The way I look at it is that you don't have deadened emotions until you actually reach zero, and at that point you need -really- expensive (as in out of the reach of PCs) equipment to keep you alive.  Memory inducers have to periodically kick in and remind you that you're still alive, coupled with powerful magic that keeps your soul from escaping your body.  Those unfortunate folks are called Cyberzombies.  Trust me.  You don't want to be one.

At such a low essence though (low but still above zero), your soul is stretched thin, on the precipice.  But it's still intact, albeit barely.  As Josi said, he's probably closer to having some sociopathic tendencies at times, but like the main character in Gross Point Blank, he still has a personality.  He's still animated.  He still enjoys things. 

What will affect you though is how well magical healing works on you.  At lower essence you can still be healed magically, but it's really difficult for the mage trying to mend your wounds.  At 6 essence, healing spells are as normal.  They require Willful x1 to not get drained.  At 3 to 5.99 essence, that goes up to Willful x2 and at .01 to 2.99, Willful x3 is needed.  Without that level of Willful, healing those with lower levels of essence can cause headaches, fatigue, nosebleeds and the like.  All in all, it can be fun to RP out the mage saying "Geez, chummer!  Are you chromed up enough?!  I think you might be able to squeeze a little bit more into your body there."...

« Reply #560 on: January 05, 2013, 09:17:05 AM »
Also, I'd like to remind everyone that commlinks are absolutely required (even if you only spend 300 nuyen on one), so don't forget to buy one.  You'll also need AR gloves and contacts, goggles or glasses with an image link built in so you can interact with the AR world. 

Everyone has this stuff... even homeless people.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #561 on: January 05, 2013, 09:31:31 AM »
Looks like I'm spending my first month without a gun, then.

Offline Josietta

• ♥ The Sweet Lil Heartbreaker of E ◦ Princessa ◦ BabyCakes ◦ | Minx | SisterKitten | ~ MC Wifey ~ ✨ Ely's Bestie Babe ✨ ♥ Jewel ♥ ֍ Babygirl ֍
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #562 on: January 05, 2013, 10:00:39 AM »
Since its been a bit since I played ... if you get an internal Comm.. does that also require gloves and such?   And does it matter what the gloves look like/made of?

« Reply #563 on: January 05, 2013, 10:02:50 AM »
Since its been a bit since I played ... if you get an internal Comm.. does that also require gloves and such?   And does it matter what the gloves look like/made of?

If you have your commlink as cyberware, no... no AR gloves are required.  It's all mentally manipulated.  Directly plugged into your brain.

No, it doesn't matter what the AR gloves look like.

Offline Dhi

« Reply #564 on: January 05, 2013, 10:25:54 AM »
I didn't realize that I don't need the AR gloves. The commlink thing is new to me. I'm fine with keeping them, though. Maybe Lottie bought the gloves before her plunge into cyberware and still hangs onto them as a memento.

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

« Reply #565 on: January 05, 2013, 10:35:10 AM »
:: tackles Ciosa and steals all the L5R books::

Online TheVillain

« Reply #566 on: January 05, 2013, 10:54:48 AM »
Alright! So the characters are up, just need to get the mechanical sheets done. Feel free to comment!

Offline Josietta

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #567 on: January 05, 2013, 11:44:13 AM »
I'm considering changing my street sams look and name >.>   Good thing I haven't set up the actual sheet yet.

I'm thinking of making her a southern cowgirl from Texas who joined Lonestar about 4 years ago but quickly found she needed more money than they were paying.

Offline Dhi

« Reply #568 on: January 05, 2013, 11:48:47 AM »
I'm considering changing my street sams look and name >.>   Good thing I haven't set up the actual sheet yet.

I'm thinking of making her a southern cowgirl from Texas who joined Lonestar about 4 years ago but quickly found she needed more money than they were paying.
Love it.

Offline Ciosa

« Reply #569 on: January 05, 2013, 12:12:50 PM »
:: tackles Ciosa and steals all the L5R books::

<3. And...hey!

Offline Josietta

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #570 on: January 05, 2013, 12:18:38 PM »
Love it.

Me too!! I'm excited about it!!

I found a model too that I liked. I'm on this huge cowgirl kick right now... I was gonna do my typical blonde but found this girl instead.. (i'll be editing in a bandana top on her but for now this will do...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 12:40:41 PM by Josietta »

Offline Ciosa

« Reply #571 on: January 05, 2013, 12:32:05 PM »
Me too!! I'm excited about it!!

I found a model too that I liked. I'm on this huge cowgirl kick right now... I was gonna do my typical blonde but found this girl instead.. (i'll be editing in a bandana top on her but for now this will do...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Can I vote for your current avatar as a character?  ;

Offline Josietta

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #572 on: January 05, 2013, 12:41:15 PM »
Can I vote for your current avatar as a character?  ;

Haha! you would!  :P

actually I thoughta bout using her but I liked the brunette better. >.>

Offline Ciosa

« Reply #573 on: January 05, 2013, 12:44:05 PM »
I think I just found her business card...

Offline bubby

• *~The True Lady Death~* "Bubby is more like an expired bottle of Mad Dog 20/20" --Hades
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: I shall eat the hearts of my enemies to gain their strength, then I'll eat broccoli so kids will hate me.
  • Hello, my name is Human.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #574 on: January 05, 2013, 12:46:53 PM »
*Yawns and shuffles in and hooks up to coffee*