Accepting previous advise to just lay it out there and see what happens, here's what I was thinking for characters. Actual sheets may have to wait for later but here's my thoughts.
Works in Progress, Needless to Say.
Name: Jakk Takkalo
Street Name: Smiling Jakk
Player Name: TheVillain
Magic Rating: 6
Weight: 250 lbs
Hair: Brown Dreadlocks
Age: Unknown, but young side of adult.
Sexual Orientation: Hetero
Ons: Jakk's not that picky.
Place of Birth: Unknown
Current Nationality: UCAS
Current Place of Residence/Lifestyle Level: Streets
Living Arrangements: Homeless and sees himself as being on a shamanistic journey, rarely sleeps in the same place twice.
Hobbies: Magic, ritual, some would say madness.
Unusual Features: Oddly symmetrical scarring patterns cover his body. Tattoo work suggests that he may of been in an Ares SecCorp at one point.
Appearance: Rough around the edges is putting it mildly. Jakk is strongly built with his hair tied back in dreadlocks. His brown eyes always carry a look of impatience or just overall nervous energy. While not missing anything important his green skin looks like someone tried to give him the death of 1,000 cuts, which in some social circles makes him appear particularly strange even by ork standards. Otherwise he's built like someone who takes very good care of his body. While not proudly displayed, there are tattoos that suggest that at one point he was in a Knight Errant Security Forces squad.
If his body looked bizarre his taste in clothing is even stranger. Seems downright uncomfortable in anything but animal skins and body armor, which outside of a neo-primative community gives him a very uncivilized look. Often seen wearing what used to be the chest piece of his Knight Errant body armor, now painted with neo-primative designs including an ork equivalent to the "Have A Nice Day" smiley. May or may not be magically enchanted.
Personality: A psychologist's feild day. It seems he was once a security officer with a Knight Errant unit that was wiped out by a particularly nasty magical curse. Having watched many of his squadmates die from sudden cyber/bioware rejection, it seems the curse went easy on him for displaying signs of having a conscience. Instead of outright killing him it forced his body to reject his cyberware much slower, giving him just time to cut out his cyberware by hand and save his own life.
The plus side is that he seems to have kept his conscience, and gained a freakishly high tolerance for pain to boot. Loves music, especially pre-year of the comet classic bands. Seems to have kept some of his knowledge of standard security force protocals and tactics. Holds neo-primative spiritual beliefs, including some shamaistic magic. He has also, in his more lucid moments, hinted at inside knowledge of Knight Errant and possibly of Ares Macrotechnology. Granted, even if this information was true it's at least a year old.
The down side is he's crazier then a junebug. Socially he's a fish out of water outside of neo-primative groupings, with the possible exception of eco-centric groups. Believes himself to be on some sort of shamastic journey, with knives and guns. Shows remarkably little concept of danger, often finding life-threatening situations funny. Hates knives, hates needles, anything sharp really- even if the physical pain goes unnoticed. Horrible with most machines, especially if they aren't related to body armor or guns. Can crash a "Fischer-Price My First Hacking Rig" if left unsupervised with it. When asked about his background he often gives backgrounds that conflict other versions he's given, some even logically nonsensical.
Gear (Weapons and Armor):
Colt America L36 - 150
Commlink + AR Goggles - 325
Treated Animal Skins - 25
History: Truth be told, Smiling Jack's origins aren't really known to him either. It's not like he lies about his origins but sometimes his memory on the subject is rather fuzzy. So far the most lucid version he's ever given is that at he was an orphan picked up by Ares Macro-technology subsidiary Knight-Errant. Ending up on one of THOSE squads, with his squad he'd black bagged and killed his way though quite a few runners before finding that Eco-Shaman group. According to him, this time they were prepared.
The Curse. He likes to think the Curse went easy on him because he didn't pull the trigger on some of the group's children. Whatever the reason, he says that he was part of a squad that all died at the same time from mass cybernetics rejection. He says the only reason he survived was because the curse went slow enough that he had time to grab a knife and cut out his cybernetics by hand. The Jakk that came out of that was lighter, bloody, and more then a little insane.
What else it did however was start a reconnection to his ancestrial roots. His insanity combined with the fact that he's now legally dead has begun a spiritual journey for the Mad Ork, and he seems to be awakening the ancient Shamanistic practices of his people as he goes.
Or it could all be utter drek, who knows?
1. Where is your character from? Not really sure, actually. Seattle is his guess but he doesn't know for sure.
2. Does your character have a family? Only the spirits. So, no.
3. Does you character have an ethnic background? Ork Pride!
4. What does your character look like? Like someone tried to give him the death of 1,000 cuts and he survived.
5. What does your character dress like? Body-armor-and-animal-skins-chic.
6. Does your character have any physical quirks? Spelled out above. Scars, insanity, and animal skins.
7. Where did your character learn their Skills? The Streets. Literally, Urban version of ancient shaman journeys.
8. Where did your character get their gear? What gear?
9. Where does your character live? The Streets.
10. Who are your character's contacts? The street people, the magical corners, the freaks and geeks, the homeless.
11. Who are your character's enemies? The ork words for Corporate and Dead are the same word.
12. How did you character learn magic? Spiritual journeys and contemplation.
13. What are your characters likes and dislikes? Likes Orkyness and has embraced Ork roots and Ork spirituality. Hates corporate stuff. Claims that the Ork words for Dead and Corporate are the same word.
14. What is your character's moral code? Will the character kill? Why? He believes in the Skraacha- the Burning with Life. Great Deeds, Uncompromising beliefs, etc. Slavery is abhorrant to him, for example.
15. Does your character have goals? To find Cara Fahd.
16. Does your character have personal beliefs? One could argue that's all he has.
17. Is your character religious? Very, if his particular religion is less strict then most.
18. Does your character have personality quirks? Oh boy, where to start? He's hallucinating almost constantly, he sleeps with a gun under his pillow, we imbibes mind expanding drugs- a whole bunch of stuff.
19. Why does your character run the shadows? The find Cara Fahd.
20. How does your character view their role as a shadowrunner? As a modern Shaman.
Name: Heian Nailo
Street Name: Auger
Player Name: TheVillain
Magic Rating: N/A
Weight: 158 lbs
Eyes: Black - Cyber
Age: Young Adult
Sexual Orientation: Hetero
Ons: Internet Porn. As in before it was called the 'Trix.
Offs: Kiddie Stuff
Place of Birth: Seattle
Current Nationality: UCAS
SINless?: No. In fact, he has 5 of them.
Current Place of Residence/Lifestyle Level: Middle
Living Arrangements: Apartment Living, and a very nice apartment too.
Hobbies: 'Trix Vids. MMOs. Erotic 'Trix Forums.
Unusual Features: Auger's eyes are entirely cybernetic. Without them, he'd be completely blind.
Appearance: Auger is pretty much the living proof that elves being super graceful and trendy is just a stereotype. He couldn't match colors to save his life and his grace seems just rather plain. In his defence, being blind since birth will do that to you.
Personality: Dove headfirst into the 'trix culture and never looked back. Uses memes in his vocal speech, but at least has the decency to not bring too much attention to it. Blind jokes out the ying-yang and proud of it.
Low Light Vision
Language x1 (Elven)
Headware Commlink - ¥10,000
Datajack - ¥500
Data Lock - ¥5,000
Ultrasound Sensor - ¥6,000
Rating 4 Eyeware - ¥1,500
Flare Compensation - ¥750
Image Link - ¥500
SmartLink - ¥1,000
Thermographic Vision - ¥1,000
Protective Covers - ¥100
Gear (Weapons and Armor):
Armor Vest - ¥600
Lined Coat AR 2 - ¥700
Chameleon Suit AR 3 - ¥8,000
Hammerli 620S - ¥1,300 [w/Smartlink and 10 clips regular ammo]
Full Suite of Hacker Programs - ¥50,000
1 Year Middle Lifestyle - ¥60,000
DocWagon Plat 1 Year - ¥50,000
5 Fake SINs - ¥30,000
Honda Spirit [w/Ultrasound, Security Software, and Rank 5 Maglocks]- ¥24,000
History: How often do they tell you that kids today are screened and tested and birth deformities just don't happen anymore? Yeah, they're full of drek. Even the supposedly perfect elves can get snake-eyes on the genetic roll of the dice. Heian, for example, thanks to genetic issues his retinas and optic nerves are little better then dead tissue. Blind since birth, it wasn't until his teen years when he could finally get his eyes replaced with cybernetics.
As a result he was well used to being a blind man when he could finally do something about it. Not to mention he already had a rather unique perspective to visual-type data when his brain was finally getting some to process. A way of looking at things which lent itself to computer coding and hacking rather well.
It wouldn't be long until the Auger would start showing up in 'Trix networks. His start into the shadows was innocent enough, some side work so he could afford to upgrade his eyes. One thing led to another and the work got more and more interesting. Now the Auger is living his dream life of going by his wits and skills in the shadows, just a harmless blind guy. . .
1. Where is your character from? Seattle
2. Does your character have a family? Parents, Aunts and Uncles in the Elven territories.
3. Does you character have an ethnic background? Beyond Elf, not really.
4. What does your character look like? A blind elf that tries to dress himself anyway. Much less graceful and can't match colors to save his life for obvious reasons.
5. What does your character dress like? Hacker/Slacker with even less Color co-ordination.
6. Does your character have any physical quirks? Blind since birth, implants can only do so much with a brain that wasn't meant to handle visual data. Fortunately, some of these adaptations actually help with dealing with computer code.
7. Where did your character learn their Skills? Largely self-taught, with tutorage over the 'Trix.
8. Where did your character get their gear? "Oh, you know. . ."
9. Where does your character live? An apartment.
10. Who are your character's contacts? Lots of 'trix and hardware types.
11. Who are your character's enemies? Authority in general.
12. How did you character learn magic? N/A
13. What are your characters likes and dislikes? Freedom, his skills and his wits. Authority and RFIDs.
14. What is your character's moral code? Will the character kill? Why? Well, he tries not to screw anyone over who isn't going to screw him first.
15. Does your character have goals? The Big Score.
16. Does your character have personal beliefs? Try not to be a douche.
17. Is your character religious? No.
18. Does your character have personality quirks? SO. MANY. BLIND. JOKES.
19. Why does your character run the shadows? The lifestyle, he'd like to be rich but deep down it's about living on his wits.
20. How does your character view their role as a shadowrunner? The Wise Rabbit, come see how far the rabbit hole goes.