You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 04:47:42 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Not exactly sure where to put a project  (Read 547 times)

Offline OniyaTopic starter

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Not exactly sure where to put a project
« on: December 28, 2012, 03:04:39 PM »
So, in an effort to push my writing, I came up with an Idea:  A story that would progress in somewhat episodic form, with a side-thread for 'What's Next'.  The idea is that I would be doing all the posts on the story thread, but the 'What's Next' thread would allow readers to express what they would like to see explored in subsequent posts - possibly things I haven't thought interesting enough to others to explore myself.  I'm thinking the Storytelling Forum, but I wasn't sure if the semi-interactive nature would make it more appropriate to put it elsewhere.

Offline Avis habilis

Re: Not exactly sure where to put a project
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 03:15:40 PM »
Back in the day there was a story called Fate that was written by one person. After each episode a second person would come up with three possible turns of events, then anyone could vote for one. Whichever got the most votes was what happened.

That story was in the [EX] section because, well, it was. So you might just put it in the section it would have gone in if there were more than one person involved.

Offline NiceTexasGuy

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 09:34:35 AM »
Sounds interesting.  If you decide to do this I hope you announce it here so I can check it out.

Thanks.

Offline Moraline

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 09:55:32 AM »
I would say belongs in the Story Telling Section. Since it's going to be a completely solo writing project, then it's a story. I have seen other people posting responses and stuff in those threads in the past.

The hard part is getting people interactively involved in your thread in that forum. Few people read the stories and even fewer respond.

Although I don't see any harm in doing it the way Avis habilis suggested.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 11:24:55 AM »
The Storytelling Forum would probably work and I'm sure you'll gain a lot of interest.  I know I'll be bookmarking it. ;D

Offline OniyaTopic starter

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 07:18:04 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I think the Storytelling Forum would work best.  I don't know what (if any) 'kink level' it's going to go to - although I will keep the thread 'labeled' should it move off of VAN - and if no one provides input, I still intend to put up new posts regularly.  The 'What's Next' is intended to give me a shove if I fall into the common trap of, well, 'what's next?'

Online Dim Hon

• The Horrible, Lovely Thing || The Sorcerer's Familiar || Not This || Sinners' Nadir || Desire of the Endless || More Dark In Me Than Bones || St. Fucking
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • The Aforementioned Darkness
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 19
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 07:39:58 PM »
Back in the day there was a story called Fate that was written by one person. After each episode a second person would come up with three possible turns of events, then anyone could vote for one. Whichever got the most votes was what happened.

That story was in the [EX] section because, well, it was. So you might just put it in the section it would have gone in if there were more than one person involved.

Wasn't Fate written by Paradox and Greenthorn?

Offline Saffron

• ღ Your Designer Drug ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: ღ I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy twice. ღ
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »
Wasn't Fate written by Paradox and Greenthorn?
Yes, it was.