Error Reporting

Started by Ritsu, December 20, 2012, 10:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ritsu

I'm not quite sure why this was happening or why but I just thought I'd let people know.

For about 3 minutes I was unable to type into any of the text fields to reply to a thread or PM. I could paste pretyped inputs, but I couldn't add anything from the keyboard. It was exclusive to E so I don't know what it could have been... I tried clearing my cookies and that didn't fix it. I'm not sure what did honestly...

Izu

What browser are you using?  Did you get any real error messages from E's side?

I had such a problem once and it was a virus, playing tricks with me. So I'd suggest you run an antivirus program just in case. *nods*

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Vekseid

Quote from: Ritsu on December 20, 2012, 10:47:30 PM
I'm not quite sure why this was happening or why but I just thought I'd let people know.

For about 3 minutes I was unable to type into any of the text fields to reply to a thread or PM. I could paste pretyped inputs, but I couldn't add anything from the keyboard. It was exclusive to E so I don't know what it could have been... I tried clearing my cookies and that didn't fix it. I'm not sure what did honestly...

There are a lot of bugs involving the WYSIWYG editor and I should probably force-turn it off for everyone.

Usually, this sort of thing is the result of one of the Control/Alt/Meta (apple) keys thinking it has been pressed but not released (When you press a key, it sends a signal. When you let go, it sends another - so it's possible for them to get 'stuck down' on occasion).

When it happens, try tapping each of your control/alt/windows/apple keys - both sides are separate keys - once.

Ritsu

Quote from: Vekseid on December 21, 2012, 12:22:32 AM
There are a lot of bugs involving the WYSIWYG editor and I should probably force-turn it off for everyone.

Usually, this sort of thing is the result of one of the Control/Alt/Meta (apple) keys thinking it has been pressed but not released (When you press a key, it sends a signal. When you let go, it sends another - so it's possible for them to get 'stuck down' on occasion).

When it happens, try tapping each of your control/alt/windows/apple keys - both sides are separate keys - once.
Ahh! That might have been it. I didn't think about my action events freezing on me. That would make a lot of sense actually. Thanks for helping me understand Veks!