Planescape: Discord in the Grey District (Pathfinder; Full)  

Started by TheKhan, December 20, 2012, 05:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKhan

The Slyph, from monster manual 2, casts as a sorcerer, however. I know I made a character class for it once, I'll see if I can dig it up. You could also tell me the type of monster you want and I could make a simplified version of it using the ARG that's an ECl 0, although obviously it wouldn't have all the same powers.

Anon315

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 28, 2012, 10:28:01 AM
Because I'm 6 hours from my books and won't be heading back till tonight.

That's what d20pfsrd.com is for. Has... pretty much all the material for pathfinder on it.

Kimera

Phaerimms also have innate sorcerous magic  ^^
Naga's as well, if you allow a class to be made for them

Ethergaunts have wizard progression

Brain collectors too, again if a progression is made for them

Geeklet

Take my name out of the running for this. I'm not sure I am going to have the time anymore, sorry.

Muse

Hi Khan! 

You expressed intrest in our playing secondary characters to flush out the neighborhood?  I have one almost ready.  The daughter of an ifreeti's genasi concubine, she gains her spells through comunion with a being she knowes as "The Great Tree". 

In a moment of beneficince, she persuaded her father to emancipate her rather than gift her to an ally to continue life as a conucubine.  Now she tends a garden and runs an alchemy-potion shop. 

Perhaps her wares could in part be offered for the heroes  hiring price?  She can also be a source of side stories, taking on missions to retrieve exotic reagents. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Name:         Ameera
Race:         Ifrit
Class:         Hedge Witch
Level         2

Age         69
Height:         5’7”
Weight:      125
Measures:      34” 24” 34” B
Skin:         Rosy
Hair:         Coal Black
Eyes:         Blue like the bottom of a candle. 

Strength      8   -1
Dexterity      16   +3
Constitution      12   +1
Intelligence      16   +3
Wisdom      8   -1
Charisma      16   +3

Hit Points      14

Armor Class      13

Saving Throws: 
Fortitude   0   +1   =d20+1   
Reflex      0   +3   =d20+3
Will      3   -1   =d20+2

Class Abilities: 
--Cantrips
--Hexes
--Spells
--Witch’s Familiar:  Heimdal the Thrush:  Heimdal speaks a number of languages and grants +3 Diplomacy. 
--Witch’s Patron (healing):  Ameera communes through her familiar with a being she knows only as The Great Tree.  Making things grow and flourish in Sigil is barely easier than it is in her home in the City of Brass.  But she wouldn’t be needed if it were easy

Feats: 
Extra Hex
(Faction Feat)

Hexes: 
Cauldron
Flight
Healing

Racial Abilities: 
Burning Hands 1/day.  (Save DC 14)
Darkvision 60’
Energy Resistence (Fire) 5

Skills: 
Craft: Alchemy   2 +3 +3 +4   =d20+12
Diplomacy      0 +0 +3 +3   =d20+6
Fly         1 +3 +3 +0   =d20+7
Heal         2 +3 -1 +0 +2   =d20+6
Knowledge: Arcana   1 +3 +3 +0 +0   =d20+7
Knowledge; Nature   1 +3 +3 +0 +0   =d20+7
Knowledge: Planes   1 +3 +3 +0 +0   =d20+7
Perform: Dance   1 +3 +3 +2   =d20+9
Spellcraft      2 +3 +3 +0 +0   =d20+8
Use Magic Device   1 +3 +3 +0 +0   =d20+7

Through communing with Heimdal after a night’s rest, she can access the following spells: 
--All Witch’s Cantrips
--Burning Hands, Charm Person, Cure Light Wounds, Dancing Lantern, Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Remove Fear, Sanctify Corpse, Sleep, Unseen Servant, Youthful Appearance. 

Concentration d20+7
Spellcasting: 
Cantrips

L 1
1  Endure Elements
2  Mage Armor
3 Unseen Servant

Traits: 
Focused Mind:  +2 Concentration
Savant:  http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/social-traits/savant
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheKhan

Anon: Chill dude. If Callie can't get access to his stuff, that's between him and me.

Kimera: Ethergaunts and Brain Collectors are way, way too powerful to reasonably convert, both would clock in at over 21 ECL easily. The Phaerimm I have never encountered before, but seem a bit too far out there from images of them. Nagas are a possibility, although you'd have to deal with the lack of hands. Let me see.

Muse: Looks great, but sit on it for a little bit. We need to get a fifth character first!

Kimera

The hands could be solved at a later date by either grafts or that item from savage species 'arms of the naga' ;)

TheKhan

Okay, we're getting there. Thanks everyone for your patience, hopefully we can get the main thread running in a day or two. I've got a good chunk of the first part written out already, so once everyone finishes character sheets we're all systems go.

TheKhan

Everyone
Okay, Kimera and I have been going back and forth via PM and we've got it to the point that we're just working out some semantics, so he's going to take the last spot. I'm going to post game threads later tonight, so if you've got things like spells to finish on your character sheet, please do so. Game on!

TheKhan

TheKhan

As it turns out, our numbers have dropped down to 4, so there is still one spot open if anyone wishes to join in. Any type of character would work, although the PC who was dropped was a cleric.

Chloe Milev

Oh, could someone from Eberron have found their way to Sigil?  Or they might just have some Eberron themes.

I'd be interested, with an Aerenal Elf Oracle of Life.  She worships the Undying Court of her ancestors, and is very skull and death themed, despite being mostly a healer.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

TheKhan

I'd be hesitant to allow another character from Eberron just because one of our PCs, Cauis, already has ties to Sharn and Eberron is supposed to be remote and hard to reach from the Great Wheel. That being said, your idea is a wonderful concept, the Aerani are some of my favourite elves and it would be very interesting to see how your character would play out in the Grey District. So I'd prefer if it were just an elf with similar culture, but if your heart's really set on her being from Aerenal, go for it.

Chloe Milev

No, Eberron isn't necessary.  It'll just be an equivalent culture from Faerun.

I'll work more on her tonight at the compy.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Anon315

Not to dissuade you, but we do already have an oracle. Not that they can't fill fairly different roles.

TheKhan