You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 10:08:34 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Why did you choose your current avatar?  (Read 5575 times)

Offline WindVoyager

Re: Why did you choose your current avatar?
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »
Romantically Apocalyptic is a web comic favorite of mine and Ze Captain is in the festive holiday spirit.

Ze Captain! I love Romantically Apocalyptic.

I chose mine becouse I like to be different and have a love for non humans, dragons, cyborgs, Transformers and the like and I like space shuttles. There was something very appealing about the art and I fell in love with it.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 07:36:17 PM »
I don't know..the image just.. clicked. :D

Offline Wistful Dream

• ✧ ~ ✦ ~ Bright Star ~ ✦ ~ ✧ ☾ A Dragon's Mariposa ☽ ~ * ~ A Captain's Princess ~ * ~ An Imp's Vixen
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • I know my value.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 10:44:58 PM »
Because a Yule dalek is the best thing ever.

It is!!

I called this one 'Joyeux', or French for joyous/celebration because it fit the holiday in my mind. The snow made it wintery but I just love the romantic, elegant feel of the red gown and the pose she has. I like romantic avatars, I think that comes across in just about everyone I chose, save for birthday avatars [mine or those close to me] for which I do sultry ones. I use to rarely change my avatar but people ~cough~Izzie~cough~ keep finding me awesome ones to use.

Offline Izzie Aditi

• | Pretty eyed, pirate smile| The girl with the short skirt and the long jacket| Sapiosexual|
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Great minds think alike,dirty minds think together
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 06:27:24 AM »
I use to rarely change my avatar but people ~cough~Izzie~cough~ keep finding me awesome ones to use.
I heard that! *grins and snugs*

I'm sort of avatar-crazy myself and change mine quite frequently. They usually reflect my mood so it's not really one "style" I have. Though (most of the time) no explicit nudity and I'm fascinated by eyes. My avatar thread can be found in my signature :-)

For special occasions I usually do "Special Editions", like the one I have now.

Why? Christmas!

Offline DarklingAlice

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 08:00:31 AM »
I change avatars fairy frequently, but I like to think that they are all variations on a theme.

A) Paintings, drawings, etc. over photography.
B) In some way beautiful.
C) In some way disturbing or surreal.

It seems like a solid formula.

Oh, and I always try to credit the artist in links in my sig. Though sometimes it is difficult to track down who does a particular piece.

Online Lithos

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 08:41:08 AM »
Mine was a seal that my character in pen and paper rpg used for letters long ago, grew fond of it so always use same one, everywhere.

Offline Wistful Dream

• ✧ ~ ✦ ~ Bright Star ~ ✦ ~ ✧ ☾ A Dragon's Mariposa ☽ ~ * ~ A Captain's Princess ~ * ~ An Imp's Vixen
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • I know my value.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 08:42:08 AM »
I adore you Izzie, oh avatar pimp. ~giggles and snugs back~

Oh, Alice, your post reminded me of something. By and large I won't use artwork for my avatars because it just doesn't 'feel' right for me. I'm an artist myself and I have, in the past, used my own art as an avatar. Back when I first joined I used this elf noble lady for awhile but then found out the artist didn't want her work used even for forum graphics so now I just stick to photos and admire artwork elsewhere. I do tend to play with the photos, the color balances, sometimes the contrast and I almost always add some sort of texture into it.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 09:59:42 AM »
I love hearing all these stories and thoughts about peoples choice of avatars. I had no idea this topic would be so popular!

So many great avatars!  @Izzie, I really like that avatar, I'd like to have that as a desktop background.

I changed my avatar today to a snapshot from a Kato Christmas video. (sticking with my Kato theme but giving it a Xmas feel.) I normally use straight images from her but I had to snapshot this one. Between you and me, I think she was a little bit tipsy when she made the video. She's so adorkable.

Kato making up her own Christmas song - "Here Comes Robocop"

Offline Torch

• Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain/Trieste's sarcasm buddy
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • "Soul meets soul on lovers' lips." P.B. Shelley
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 10:00:51 AM »
Two hot guys, in leather, kissing.

No other explanations really necessary.  :-)

Offline Izzie Aditi

• | Pretty eyed, pirate smile| The girl with the short skirt and the long jacket| Sapiosexual|
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Great minds think alike,dirty minds think together
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 10:12:31 AM »
I love hearing all these stories and thoughts about peoples choice of avatars. I had no idea this topic would be so popular!

So many great avatars!  @Izzie, I really like that avatar, I'd like to have that as a desktop background.

The bigger version can be found in my thread (linked in sig), I'm mobile at the moment so I can't link to it properly.

Offline Jagerin

• They/Them Pronouns || Alpha Raptor || Fandom Monarch || Estrous Twinkle Particle || Kho's Murdoc || Nic's Scully
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Black roses and Hail Mary's can't bring you back.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 20
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 10:30:02 AM »
Because in my mind, I am my avatar. That's right people. I am Bruce Banner (aka The Hulk)! Fear me!

Offline Oreo

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 10:44:25 AM »
This particular one is almost self explanatory. I want snow!!

My usual choices lend to facial expression combined with dark and light aesthetics. I often use seasonal avatars, as well.

Offline Skynet

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 01:39:04 PM »
This particular one is almost self explanatory. I want snow!!

My usual choices lend to facial expression combined with dark and light aesthetics. I often use seasonal avatars, as well.

6 more days until Christmas!  I can hardly wait!

Offline Lilias

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 02:34:05 PM »
6 more days sleeps until Christmas!  I can hardly wait!

Fixed. ;D

Offline Kuroneko

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 03:26:59 PM »
I'm a bellydancer, and this avatar speaks to that, as well as a current story.

Offline Naiah

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 04:13:06 PM »
Well, being a tease, I figured it fit. And CandyLips was so kind to make me two versions I could switch between :D

Offline Sasquatch421

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2012, 08:00:20 AM »
This one is the logo from my squadron I was stationed with in the Marines. I was looking through pics of my babies and found it there, I just wish I could make a decent avatar out of 00. That jet got painted with tiger stripes when we were in Japan.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2012, 10:33:20 AM »
Damn, didn't realize I'd been called out specifically!  (and it wasn't even that silly [*you*] tag!)

Originally, the orb was unadorned.  No eyes, no hat, no spiderweb - just an orb.  I use a neutral avatar because I do play cross-gender a lot, and it's also a hold-over from sites where I wasn't open about my real gender.  The coloring is from the four classical elements, arranged in two overlapping Yin/Yang symbols, with the colors blended in the overlaps.

The eyes got added during my first Halloween at E, and the hat during my first Christmas here.  The spider followed on another Halloween (since the eyes never left, I had to dress up somehow!) and I added in the web as just an artistic touch.  Back to the Santa-orb for a little while longer, but I've got something new in my brain...

Offline TheKnifeWon

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2012, 02:52:05 AM »
I like Swans. Also bunnies roasting each other.

Offline Tsenta

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2012, 03:53:25 AM »
It's the Holidays, I'm often called the Grumpy Old Man, and it's Walter. What more do I need?

Offline MoralineTopic starter

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 07:52:02 AM »
Damn, didn't realize I'd been called out specifically!  (and it wasn't even that silly [*you*] tag!)

Originally, the orb was unadorned.  No eyes, no hat, no spiderweb - just an orb.  I use a neutral avatar because I do play cross-gender a lot, and it's also a hold-over from sites where I wasn't open about my real gender.  The coloring is from the four classical elements, arranged in two overlapping Yin/Yang symbols, with the colors blended in the overlaps.

The eyes got added during my first Halloween at E, and the hat during my first Christmas here.  The spider followed on another Halloween (since the eyes never left, I had to dress up somehow!) and I added in the web as just an artistic touch.  Back to the Santa-orb for a little while longer, but I've got something new in my brain...
"Hey, Oni, come quick. Harold's gett'n a beat'n. Follow me up these stairs. Hurry up or we'll miss it!" *waits till she gets to the top of the darkened stairs with one red light bulb, then ducks around the corner as the others lean a 6' tall monster statue in her face*

The decorated orb is hilarious.. I <3 it!

Offline Sel Nar

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »
My avatar is a combination of 'I'm a lazy git and haven't swapped avvies since I joined E' and 'I used to play this game, here's some concept art of a pretty cyborg lady with a fucking huge knife and next to no clothing'

Offline bubby

• *~The True Lady Death~* "Bubby is more like an expired bottle of Mad Dog 20/20" --Hades
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: I shall eat the hearts of my enemies to gain their strength, then I'll eat broccoli so kids will hate me.
  • Hello, my name is Human.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2012, 01:03:37 PM »
Lady Death is my personal Goddess.

Offline Lilias

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2012, 01:15:58 PM »
Obviously, my avatar has changed since I posted here before. :P This is my signature holiday avatar, up for the third year. Cheeky, but just on the right side of decent. ;)

Offline Wistful Dream

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • I know my value.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2012, 01:59:02 PM »
I felt the need for something a bit more flirty and playful and light for the holidays. As pretty as my other one it was more quiet and stately. Energy is what is needed to get me through the holidays now. And it twinkles!