You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 05:45:46 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Marvel Universe MMO  (Read 303 times)

Offline LunarSageTopic starter

Marvel Universe MMO
« on: December 15, 2012, 08:14:45 AM »
Link

Am I the only one disappointed that the characters are all canons?  No custom heroes?

If I wanted to play the Hulk or Spider-Man, I'd play those games on the X-Box.

Offline Chris Brady

Re: Marvel Universe MMO
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 08:54:42 AM »
Eh, it's cute.

If I want to play a custom hero in the Marvel Universe, I'd rather do it table top style.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 09:16:11 AM »
I think they (Marvel) miss the point of MMO.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 12:03:04 PM »
Torchlight with superheros.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 03:06:10 PM »
I think they (Marvel) miss the point of MMO.
Not really.  I mean, all it stands for is 'Massively Multiplayer Online'.  This is a Diablo wannabe with Superheroes.  Just like Marvel Alliance and the X-Men games.  And from what I gather it's going to be massive and it's going to be multiplayer and it's going to be online only.  It's got MMO covered.

Offline LunarSageTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 03:08:37 PM »
I think he meant they've missed the point of what exactly makes modern MMOs so successful... especially superhero MMOs.  It's being able to create your own unique character, name them whatever you want and have a hand, whether direct or indirect on how they appear to your fellow players.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 11:50:41 PM »
The problem is (Well, not really a 'problem' but I can't find the right word, bear with) is that this is a Diablo isometric game, and in that genre you don't get much customization outside of what loot drops.  If they want to do a full Marvel MMO, they'd need to go the Champions/DCUO/CoX (may it rest in peace) route.  They didn't.