Open RP, story in the dark future.

Started by Zeruiah, December 12, 2012, 07:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeruiah

The city flourishes with denizens, which range from the benign eccentric to the malicious psychotic. Shadowed alleys conceal dark secrets, and gleaming towers of urban wealth hide fantastic conspiracies.

Past the skeletal buildings of the anarchic outskirts, beyond its armored city wall, a vast wasteland of post-apocalyptic Hell awaits the truly brave. Its glowing sands crawl with the horrific mutant champions of natural selection, and are stained with the blood of the weak.

Delta-winged shuttles crisscross the scarred planet as reconstruction continues under the control of emergent superpowers in a new world order: mega-corporations and crime syndicates. Harbored shadowy black markets of cybernetic technology, while orbital colonies turn serenely on axes of money, power, and privilege.

As the physical landscape still smoulders from the ravages of global wars and environmental disasters, an alternate reality glows brightly in the worldwide matrix network. Deckers and console jockeys swim the depths of this data sea, knights rendered in chrome on battlefields formed in the cognitive nonspace of a collective consciousness.

Okay, I'm new here and I started this in the wrong area at first while still in my introduction. Mostly looking for a group roleplay, doesn't have to be sexual but can be as well. Looking for people just play whatever character they can fathom in such a setting. Perhaps bartenders, bumbs, rich corpies, etc?
This is just my shot in the dark. Not new to RP but am very new to forum RP. So any help or pointers is more then welcome. Even if someone was interested in turning it into a solo rp, hit me up.

Mainly this is an interest check, my original post is over at https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159563.msg7346074#msg7346074
The pulse-pounding excitement of our virtual world is but a keystroke away.