You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 12:22:36 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The World of Darkness Thread  (Read 11138 times)

Offline Chris Brady

Re: The World of Darkness Thread
« Reply #275 on: January 11, 2013, 03:00:46 AM »
Also, we don't have a thread for Exalted here, do we?
I can answer this one, cuz I tried to.  Exalted's a mess, even freeform.  Every player has a differing idea of the power structure and level of whatever Exalted type the like.

As a Solar fan, I believe in the Sun Children being top of the food chain, but in most places I used to go, I'm in the minority.

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #276 on: January 11, 2013, 07:00:50 AM »
So, how merit-based is social mobility in the Camarilla?  Is rank and station determined primarily via Generation?  Or can a neonate rise in a short amount of time?

You mean in Cam as in LARP?

It really depends on the players.  If the folks with high MC (who are allowed to play lower generation characters) don't want to let the Neonate players (usually with lower MC) have any IC positions of power, they won't get to.

Fortunately, I live in an area where the low MC folks are cool and want to see newer players in IC power.

Offline Caehlim

« Reply #277 on: January 11, 2013, 07:52:36 AM »
I'm running a nWoD game at the moment, using a mixture of rules from WOD: Innocents and Changeling with some ideas of my own. We've only done one session so far but it's been great.

I have four players in the group, each of whom is playing two characters. One of the characters is a child (as per the innocents rules) and the other character is an adult. All the characters went to a sleep clinic for an observation session and found themselves attacked in their dreams by one of the gentry as a precursor to being abducted and being made into changelings. So far they've managed to fight the fae off, but they can't sleep without being pulled into a nightmare realm.

The kids have discovered that they're much more powerful in the dream world than the adults and seem to be able to do things that the adults can't (so far they've figured out how to travel between the separate nightmare realms, bring in objects from the real world and fly).

The adults have been chasing down leads in the real world, discovering that the sleep clinic is part of a shell corporation and that the money launderer who arranged the finances has been committed to a mental hospital. They also discovered that the ninth patient (an NPC) at the clinic was replaced with a Fetch and are trying to decide what to do about it and how.

I can't wait to run the game again and follow up on the scenario.

Offline Braioch

• Devil. Mad Scientist. King of Debauchery. Brat Prince. Duke of Snark. Warlock of Orgies.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • Imfinewhydoyouask? Canyoutastetime?Ican
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #278 on: January 11, 2013, 08:09:27 AM »
I'm running a nWoD game at the moment, using a mixture of rules from WOD: Innocents and Changeling with some ideas of my own. We've only done one session so far but it's been great.

I have four players in the group, each of whom is playing two characters. One of the characters is a child (as per the innocents rules) and the other character is an adult. All the characters went to a sleep clinic for an observation session and found themselves attacked in their dreams by one of the gentry as a precursor to being abducted and being made into changelings. So far they've managed to fight the fae off, but they can't sleep without being pulled into a nightmare realm.

The kids have discovered that they're much more powerful in the dream world than the adults and seem to be able to do things that the adults can't (so far they've figured out how to travel between the separate nightmare realms, bring in objects from the real world and fly).

The adults have been chasing down leads in the real world, discovering that the sleep clinic is part of a shell corporation and that the money launderer who arranged the finances has been committed to a mental hospital. They also discovered that the ninth patient (an NPC) at the clinic was replaced with a Fetch and are trying to decide what to do about it and how.

I can't wait to run the game again and follow up on the scenario.

O.O

It's all ελληνικά to me.

Offline SkynetTopic starter

« Reply #279 on: January 28, 2013, 01:08:12 PM »
I don't think it's been mentioned here, but the New World of Darkness (notably Vampire the Requiem) is getting an update.

The God-Machine Chronicles updates the generic setting and ruleset; The Strix Chronicle: Blood & Smoke for Vampire.

For the Strix Chronicle, they're going to add an over-arching storyline and setting details, most likely concerning the Strix (owl-like spirits with a vested interest in the Kindred), and a re-done list of disciplines.

Here's a Blood & Smoke thread.

Offline ShadowFox89

« Reply #280 on: January 29, 2013, 09:17:36 PM »
 So, Mummy is out for those of us who preordered. Who is interested in running a game of such?

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #281 on: January 29, 2013, 09:49:37 PM »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-hunters-hunted-ii

shuffles back out..

FYI.. I was one of the SIX people that preferred HH to the later released Hunters game.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #282 on: January 30, 2013, 01:26:42 AM »
As was I, Callie.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #283 on: January 30, 2013, 09:08:43 AM »
So this isn't just Hunter: The Reckoning V20, but the V20 release of some sort of proto-Reckoning game?

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #284 on: January 30, 2013, 10:36:07 AM »
Hunter the Reckoning is a lot newer and very different than Hunters Hunted as I recall.

I was fond of the Inquisition book for church hunters.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #285 on: January 30, 2013, 10:38:25 AM »
So this isn't just Hunter: The Reckoning V20, but the V20 release of some sort of proto-Reckoning game?

Yeah.. no weird symbols but groups like the Inquistion and such.. mechanics for True Faith and so on. It was a fairly good book, and I bought the Hunter game thinking it would be mundane mortals versus the undead/weres/ect rather than what it was.

We did a few HH games. They tended to be okay.. till you met a 'old vampire' which was anything over ten to twenty years old. Had one player who used to bulldoze the havens he suspected. At midday. Had a harpoon to pull out vamps.

Got squished by a werewolf with a VW Minivan.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #286 on: January 30, 2013, 04:20:09 PM »
Hunters: Hunted was a series of source books detailing normal humans, and various organizations that tried to 'take back the night'.  Most of them were not superhuman, nor supernatural, just people with an inkling of something more is out there.  It was, for me, an intriguing premise.

Unfortunately, with the "Superhero With Fangs" style of gaming being the dominating force, not to mention that the WoD system in general is bad at scaling between 'power types', it never really took off.

« Reply #287 on: January 30, 2013, 05:06:44 PM »
Unfortunately, with the "Superhero With Fangs" style of gaming being the dominating force, not to mention that the WoD system in general is bad at scaling between 'power types', it never really took off.

It made sort of a comeback with NWoD's Hunter: The Vigil.  The Hunters are basically mortals at the first and second tier, and optionally can get some advanced equipment and methods.  Weird science armory for US spec ops hunters, holy rituals for Vatican vampire-slayers, etc.

It sounds like a spiritual successor to Hunters: Hunted.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #288 on: January 30, 2013, 07:33:08 PM »
It made sort of a comeback with NWoD's Hunter: The Vigil.  The Hunters are basically mortals at the first and second tier, and optionally can get some advanced equipment and methods.  Weird science armory for US spec ops hunters, holy rituals for Vatican vampire-slayers, etc.

It sounds like a spiritual successor to Hunters: Hunted.
It was.  But apparently, it's not as popular as the rest of the nWoD.  Or at least it isn't up here.

Online Thesunmaid

« Reply #289 on: February 13, 2013, 10:06:38 AM »
I am an Owod fan myself its what i started out with and I am a cranky old lady..*shakes my fist and tells you kids to get off my lawn.* lol

I personally love changeling. I am big on dream interpretations and I loved the fact that in a game if i wanted to have the jolly green giant or pizza the hut as my bad guy I could. Other games I did enjoy them. Wraith was good as well as vampire. But I loved the idea that there were creatures that could go into dreams and such. I played sluagh and eshu a lot as well.

So yes thats me.

Offline Dice

• Ooh, shiny.
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Autocorrect will do its thing. Sorry about that.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #290 on: June 23, 2014, 02:20:06 PM »

I have an soft spot for the oWod...

~Re-sized on request (Staff)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:32:58 PM by Blythe »

Offline Dice

• Ooh, shiny.
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #291 on: June 23, 2014, 02:21:10 PM »
Arr. It was not meant to do that. Can any mods edit that and make it manageable please?

Offline Blythe

« Reply #292 on: June 23, 2014, 02:32:17 PM »
Arr. It was not meant to do that. Can any mods edit that and make it manageable please?

I will shrink your image for you.  ;D

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #293 on: June 23, 2014, 02:42:08 PM »

I have an soft spot for the oWod...

~Re-sized on request (Staff)

Reminds me of our collection... though our bookshelves aren't near as neat as yours.   ;)

Offline Lilias

« Reply #294 on: June 24, 2014, 02:26:45 AM »
Mine would look like those too, if the books were physical. Most, though, came from DriveThru. We only have about a dozen actual books, most of them purple. ;)

Offline Dice

• Ooh, shiny.
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #295 on: June 24, 2014, 02:36:27 AM »
Mage? Not my favourite. I always liked the feeling of desperation that comes with Hunter. The fight to live, the fight to protect. It's such a good game.

"Oh I bet silver kills wolf's, does in the movies."
"Great, how much can you afford?
"Oh shit."

I have some PDF's, but I just much rather the feeling of pulling a book down and opening it than booting up a tablet to laptop. But with the old world becoming harder and harder to find, I am I guess in the lucky minority since I had time to collect.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #296 on: June 25, 2014, 01:29:04 AM »
I liked Mage I got to destroy Charlotte\,NC in a fourway battle between the players, the Nephandi (Who brought a demon lord), the Technocracy and the Marauders.. (who gated in their giant purple singing dragon friend 'Barnabus'). A LOT of folks died in the ensuing reality storm (10 rounds without a surge and something like a total of 70+ points of paradox among all the combatants.

Vampire had fun.. as long as you put the 'hook' in the politics. You are a bar owner who just wants to keep 'living' as he'd lived for the last 2 decades? Well the prince wants a favor.. to which you need to do the tremere chantry a 'favor' which puts you in the cross hairs of the the brujah.

« Reply #297 on: April 29, 2015, 07:26:47 PM »
I hope nobody minds, but this is a pretty good "general discussion" forum, so I wanted to post this:

Mage the Awakening's coming very close to release, and as such are showing off the new spellcasting system.

What are peoples' thoughts on this?

Offline eternaldarkness

« Reply #298 on: April 30, 2015, 01:21:20 PM »
I hope nobody minds, but this is a pretty good "general discussion" forum, so I wanted to post this:

Mage the Awakening's coming very close to release, and as such are showing off the new spellcasting system.

What are peoples' thoughts on this?

I have been eagerly awaiting the Fallen World Chronicles, and this is very nice to see. it looks like the guidelines for how magic works are much clearer and have a stronger skeleton for the system as a whole. I'm looking forward to getting it and running/playing it.

Offline wander

« Reply #299 on: May 10, 2015, 08:12:59 AM »
Saw this thread and decided to chip in as a fan of the new world of darkness (I'd really like to get into playing Wraith when the 20th anniversary edition hits too).

There is an open development of Changeling:the Lost 2nd edition happening over at the Onyx Path website. Kith and Seeming have been overhauled and I'm fairly sure that making custom Courts is going to be a thing...

Any Changeling:the Lost fans in the house? :)