You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 06:44:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: grammar/sentence structure help  (Read 212 times)

Offline wigglebiscuitTopic starter

grammar/sentence structure help
« on: December 04, 2012, 09:42:13 AM »
Hi all.

I'm trying to find the best place to seek help with a story I'm writing.
At the moment, I'm wrestling with a short, two sentence paragraph. Something about it just seems wrong to me, but what that is has eluded me so far. (I almost wrote 'alluded me' there...eep!)

I say the literary forum here on elliquiy, but it seems more for professional writers and stuff. I'm just an amateur.
I would have probably taken this little problem elsewhere, but the story is erotic and the only other forum I know of is literotica and that is just ew.

Offline Moraline

Re: grammar/sentence structure help
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:52:30 AM »
Best to post these questions here:  Literary Discussion (click me)

Note: The Literary Discussion is open for all. Only the Elliquiy Writer's Group is restricted for those seeking or currently published.

We get a lot of questions up there and you'll find all types of feedback. Also, online GrammarGirl (click me) is a very good reference.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:54:51 AM by Moraline »

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 09:55:10 AM »
And really, most of us here are amateurs.  The Literary Forum is for anyone who wants to share/improve their writing.  We do have a more 'intensive' area for the dedicated writer: the Elliquiy Writers Group, which is currently in the process of collecting an anthology for publication.  If that interests you, there's a thread in the Literary Forum to request access.

Offline wigglebiscuitTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 10:05:29 AM »
Okay, thanks guys!
I just wanted to make sure before I posted something in there I shouldn't and looked like a heel.