You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 06:39:43 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Flower's Requests (Male/Female Plots)  (Read 475 times)

Online FlowerTopic starter

• Rumplestiltskin ❀❀Bunny Goddess❀❀ ♥♥Search Mistress♥♥ ❀❀Introvert ❀❀
  • Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • The blood of the stars flowed in her veins.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Flower's Requests (Male/Female Plots)
« on: December 01, 2012, 01:24:30 AM »
Small facts about me
As a writer, I tend to post at least once every two days but there are times when some of my co-writers have to wait longer. Due to the fast pace of group games, I always try to complete those first since I do not like making lots of people wait for my post. For this reason, it would be greatly appreciated if my future partner displayed nothing but patience and understanding when it comes to waiting for me to respond to a post. I am also the type of person who enjoys communication out of character to discuss not only the plot but have small chatting as well. I find the stories I truly enjoy on Elliquiy are the ones where my partner and I felt completely comfortable with discussing various topics with each other. I am not saying we need to become best friends but at least have the sort of relationship where we can communicate without fear of possibly seeming rude to the other person. Oh, I also do not care about the gender of my co-writers. Time on Elliquiy has taught me there are plenty of amazing writers able to write many different types of characters without any complications.

In case you want to do a background check on me
Before continuing to the idea, you might want to take a peek at my O.Os as a rough reference of what I enjoy and dislike within my stories. I feel it is important to mention, there are a couple of points within my Ons and Offs in which I am willing to write if I feel it will contribute in a significant way to the plot. Also, feel free to look at my prior posting history to gain some insight for my writing style and type of characters I have written in the pst. Right now, I am fairly active in the Hogwarts group game, but a bit further back is some of my old one on one games.

Merlin and Morgana Inspired theme

The Birth of this idea
In past months, I have taken a liking to BBC's Merlin series due to the relationship and development of the characters. I happened to stumble upon this video, which made me absolutely crave a story between Merlin and Morgana. Yet, historical stories are not my strongest point so I decided to play with the idea. Just to note, this is simply an idea, which is ready to be shaped and molded into something even better if my future partner has suggestions to improve it. Nothing is set in stone.

And finally, the plot...

Category: I would like for this story to be placed in light human solos.
Character Wanted: A Merlin Inspired male
Time Period: Modern society, possibly year 2000. Although, I would not mind possibly placing it back in maybe the 1950s or 1960s since it would add some interesting components to the plot.
Malleable Idea: I see this as being a story full of potential love or lust. I would like for both of them to come from two different sides of life. This could be rich or poor. Or maybe evil posed against goodness. I think these types of inherent traits or personalities could provide and fuel tension. I am not set on the age of the characters, but I am leaning more towards 18 to maybe 20. If we did decide on a younger age group such as early twenties, it would be interesting to place them within a school or job setting. Magic also needs to be addressed since we would have to decide if the world is also magical. If so, how it is being governed? Are people awaiting the return of these souls to a new body? Wow, that idea just popped into my head. Or maybe, magic within them has been dormant for a long time until something triggers for it to come back suddenly. Oh, I should mention I am not set on the names Morgana or Merlin. The idea was born of watching that series and video but it does not have to be an exact replica.

If interested in discussing this plot, please send me a message rather than replying in this thread. I hope this thread did not confuse you entirely, and if it did, then I apologize. Thank you very much again for reading.

Flower  O:)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:38:34 PM by Dancing flower »

Online FlowerTopic starter

• Rumplestiltskin ❀❀Bunny Goddess❀❀ ♥♥Search Mistress♥♥ ❀❀Introvert ❀❀
  • Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • The blood of the stars flowed in her veins.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Flower's Requests (M/F ideas)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 08:23:28 PM »
Passing

Have you ever read Nella Larsen's The Passing? If not, do not worry. It is not necessary read, but this idea was inspired by my reading it for a class. Anyways, the time period of this novel is a time of injustice and discrimination against many different types of people. I was thinking more along the lines of 1920s, but I am willing to move it later. For the sake of this idea and story, I want to focus on the issue of passing as a Caucasian woman although within the course of writing we might encounter other types as well. Passing was an option for people of mix blood with lighter skin although it was not a simple process. One would usually have to cut all ties with their family since to be discovered would mean harsh consequences. It also put a lot of stress on a woman if she chose to marry a Caucasian man since it was not guaranteed for the child's skin to appear light rather than dark. For this story, I want to explore the many emotions, good and bad. I am open to the idea of the truth eventually spilling out.

I see this story as starting with them being in college together. Maybe they met at a party? We could move from there to write out their history before it all crumbles or all is revealed. I feel as if this is a good way to build up the tension and betrayal the husband might feel at being lied to for most of their relationship.

So this is the basic skeleton of my story. I really do not want to plan out much more since I enjoy bouncing ideas back and forth between my partner.