Treasure Bastion [Interest check]

Started by OrangeCream, November 24, 2012, 12:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrangeCream

Deep in the silken strands of time, parallel worlds lay dormant, slowly playing out their own history. Each string slowly ravels onto one another, meeting where time begins. Some strings collide, causing fraying or tears, sometimes lodging pieces of it's own past, present or future into one another. Stories of magic, aliens, and other races are generally sought of as myth, or legend, unknown to many as truths from other lands.

It happened sometime in May, just past noon. Dark clouds started looming over cities, lightening sparking and rain pounding on rooftops. Things flashed, and the world turned still. Nothing can be seen as your world seems to fade into nothing. You open your eyes and remember nothing, but all you see is beautiful blue sky, and a sign for the kingdom, "Mune", trade capitol of Earth-S. You make your way to the closest tavern, "The Prayer and the Sword", a place for hunters to meet, trade information, and join crews to delve for treasure within caves, towers, or sewers.

Uh, basically I'm looking for 6 people total, 3 men, 2 women looking to go through a parallel universe to find treasure, and a way back home. The group will trek through cities, dungeons, swamps, forests, and much more in hopes to find clues on how to return to their own plane of existence. I'm looking for fun and unique ideas, hopefully nothing to cliche. I'd be welcoming anyone in this to make new animals, monsters, demons, foods, plants, places, or more.

So, if you're interested post if you'd want to be male or female, and what "class" you'd like to be, and then I'll draw up a template! Uh, I've never actually run a group RP before, so, if anyone more, uh, experienced would like to step and and help it would be appreciated! :)

Vassus

I do have a few questions, if you wouldn't mind terribly. What's the difference between this Earth and "ours"? What sort of technology is there to be found? Just, those sorts of tings. On another note, I do love making and putting into practice those things you listed at the end of your post (for me to post them would be redundant, but: Flora, Fauna, various nouns.).

So, even f my interest fades once I know more about this little project, I still wish you luck. Starting out DMing can be rough, but just keep at it! ;)
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

TheHangedOne

I'm interested, tentatively; if I fully commit depends on the answers to Vassus' question, as well as my own.

Are our characters all coming from the same world? Could I play a native of this particular universe?

As for fun things to populate the world with, I actually love to do that; though I do have a preference for more macabre  things. and generally stuff to make characters unnerved.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!