News:

Main Menu

Dominate vs Dominant

Started by Artairus Dent, November 21, 2012, 11:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Ah - I thought you were referring to the rumor that 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' was a means of consuming heroin by way of the tear ducts (which has just as much basis in fact as 'Mellow Yellow' being about smoking banana peels).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Endorphin

That sounds nasty... and it reminds me of the time I went skiing and observed a bunch of twits snorting gin from an upturned wine glass and then coughed and spluttered all over the place.
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

Oniya

They were snorting the gin like one snorts cocaine?  Because one can have a 'snort of whiskey', meaning a shot, and that would be the funniest misinterpretation of slang I've seen in a while.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Cold Heritage

I am late to the party, but since this usage is so widespread I assumed that it was just my ignorance of jargon.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

ThePrince

This is one of my pit falls and I've been verbally harassed about it. (Not on E) So in my experience the people my misspellings have turned away where probably not worth playing with.

I don't believe I have dyslexia, I was tested for it when I was a teenager but they said I didn't have it and I don't like to self-diagnose. My problem is that my resource for grammar knowledge is like a full bucket of water. If I want to learn something new like how to use "Your" properly, I have to forget Dominant. Its funny that I can retain other knowledge fairly easy, but in grammar I struggle. Some times I feel like the Ice King, trapped in a labyrinth of my own mind and with no hope of ever escaping.

As difficult as it is having less resources then some of the other writers, you make do. While my spelling is atrocious, I have had the pleasure of role playing with many great writers here and else where who are able to forgive me. So I don't believe it is a big problem.
RP Request Thread
O/O's
I am what I am. I am my own special creation.
So come take a look, Give me the hook or the ovation.
It's my world that I want to have a little pride in.
It's my world and it's not a place I have to hide in.
Life ain't worth a dam till you can say I am what I am.