You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 08:27:12 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Dominate vs Dominant  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Dominate vs Dominant
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2012, 11:59:37 PM »
Ah - I thought you were referring to the rumor that 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' was a means of consuming heroin by way of the tear ducts (which has just as much basis in fact as 'Mellow Yellow' being about smoking banana peels).

Online Endorphin

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2012, 03:51:22 AM »
That sounds nasty... and it reminds me of the time I went skiing and observed a bunch of twits snorting gin from an upturned wine glass and then coughed and spluttered all over the place.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2012, 01:13:40 PM »
They were snorting the gin like one snorts cocaine?  Because one can have a 'snort of whiskey', meaning a shot, and that would be the funniest misinterpretation of slang I've seen in a while.

Offline Cold Heritage

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2012, 01:31:54 AM »
I am late to the party, but since this usage is so widespread I assumed that it was just my ignorance of jargon.

Offline ThePrince

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2012, 05:46:22 PM »
This is one of my pit falls and I've been verbally harassed about it. (Not on E) So in my experience the people my misspellings have turned away where probably not worth playing with.

I don't believe I have dyslexia, I was tested for it when I was a teenager but they said I didn't have it and I don't like to self-diagnose. My problem is that my resource for grammar knowledge is like a full bucket of water. If I want to learn something new like how to use "Your" properly, I have to forget Dominant. Its funny that I can retain other knowledge fairly easy, but in grammar I struggle. Some times I feel like the Ice King, trapped in a labyrinth of my own mind and with no hope of ever escaping.

As difficult as it is having less resources then some of the other writers, you make do. While my spelling is atrocious, I have had the pleasure of role playing with many great writers here and else where who are able to forgive me. So I don't believe it is a big problem.