You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 10:00:36 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Roleplaying?  (Read 297 times)

Offline blitz765Topic starter

Roleplaying?
« on: November 19, 2012, 05:36:27 PM »
Hi all

Question - how does this roleplaying thing work? Cause I have been checking the roleplay forum, and I see many many posts of people talking about what characters they wish to use, but not really any roleplaying. Does that happen on a hidden part of the forum?

I ask cause I kinda like the idea of doing a Buffy the vampire slayer type of roleplay. Does someone set the scene with one forum post and then the following post is a person (playing a character) saying what he or she does?

Offline RedPhoenix

Re: Roleplaying?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »
It's "hidden" until you are approved, so sort of. Once you're approved you'll see all the forums. I remember how overwhelmed I was when I saw them all for the first time.

You can do a non-adult one without being approved I think!

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Roleplaying?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 05:42:39 PM »
For a concrete example, you might want to check the Non-Adult Sandbox.  (Yes, the Non-Adult RPs are available to unapproved members.)

In general, Person A posts a request thread, either in One on Ones Wanted, Group RPs Wanted, or the Non-Adult Requests.

Interested parties respond either by post or PM, and negotiate from there.  In the case of Adult RPs, a thread is then set up in the Adult side of the forum (not visible to Unapproved members or guests), where the RP itself takes place.  In the case of Non-Adult RPs, the thread is set up in the Non-Adult Roleplays board (just below the request board). 

Co-writers alternate posting, back and forth, or (in the case of a group) sometimes arrange a 'posting order', detailing what their characters do or say, and what is happening around them.