You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 02:39:02 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: BattleTech 3050 ((Looking for new recruits!))  (Read 16167 times)

Offline Andi

Re: BattleTech 3050 ((Open for 2 spots))
« Reply #400 on: April 17, 2013, 08:42:11 PM »
Not wholly convinced I make the link between "fire support" and "needs to move fast." Artillery pieces are not exactly known for their agility. Maybe you and I are thinking wholly different things when we hear "fire support."

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #401 on: April 17, 2013, 08:52:53 PM »
"Faster moving" being relative to our assault mechs, which isn't hard. Dervishes, Trebuchets, and Catapults are all relatively fast mechs with good long-range support ability.

Offline mvo33

« Reply #402 on: April 17, 2013, 09:00:50 PM »
right, faster than our assault lance and/or more maneuverable...our assault/anvil lance is loaded for bare on PPCs (with one King Crab packing ac/20s) and the start of our Fire Support lance is a Crusader which while as fast as our heavies (64kph) it has jump jets which help it get into a better position to let loose the missiles.  Some of the light mechs might also be packing Narc pods as well.

also Thorne, here is teh character thread
http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=157978.0

Matt

Offline Andi

« Reply #403 on: April 17, 2013, 09:03:44 PM »
Except I am not particularly /interested/ in playing a skirmisher. Never have been. Now, that Rasalhague variant on the Archer looks like he packs a fair amount of indirect-fire punch, and masterunitlist.info lists the ARC-5R as available in 3050. ( Of course, my position on fire support is that if they are engaging in /direct/ fire, something already went wrong. They are supposed to be behind that ridge and shooting over it. )

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #404 on: April 17, 2013, 10:58:30 PM »
More assaults isn't what we're looking to pick up, unfortunately.

Offline Andi

« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2013, 11:38:20 PM »
I'll brake myself out of this discussion until I hear from Warg. Andi out.

Online Thorne

« Reply #406 on: April 17, 2013, 11:54:18 PM »
Archer isn't an assault 'Mech anyway - it's a heavy, at 70 tons.

What was initially said about support still presumably counts, yes? I'm not sure why this is a problem, to be honest. :/

Offline PaladinZenaku

• I can be the wolf of your wet dreams or your bloodiest nightmares.
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • My fur is soft so come and cuddle if you want.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #407 on: April 18, 2013, 01:51:03 PM »
Reason why I think we arent looking for any big mechs is the team is top heavy. Heres a run down on what we have.

King Crab, Awesome, Black Knight, Marauder, Raven, Hatchetman, Crusader.

2 Assaults
3 Heavies
1 Medium
1 Light

Online Thorne

« Reply #408 on: April 18, 2013, 04:14:45 PM »
"Faster moving" being relative to our assault mechs, which isn't hard. Dervishes, Trebuchets, and Catapults are all relatively fast mechs with good long-range support ability.

*indicates above*
Weight class =/= what you boys are asking for, methinks. I just did a little fast romp through sarna.net for these three 'Mechs, to double check.

The Trebuchet and Dervish both weigh in on the heavy end of the medium range, at 50 and 55 tons, respectively.
The Catapult is a heavy, at 65 tons - and not the most useful option of the three, looking at it.

So, yah... at this point, I've been as helpful as I'm gonna be, I'll leave you boys to it.

I will say this though. I really don't like watching people tell others what to play, and you guys are starting to toe that line pretty seriously. I realise advice was asked, but this is starting to make me really twitchy.  >.<

Online WargtassTopic starter

« Reply #409 on: April 18, 2013, 04:52:56 PM »
I will say this though. I really don't like watching people tell others what to play, and you guys are starting to toe that line pretty seriously. I realise advice was asked, but this is starting to make me really twitchy.  >.<

Agreed. While you are here to recommend 'Mechs and what of the four classes you would like to see, it in no way means that you should dictate or pressure new players into picking a 'Mech they do not want. It's their character ultimately, not yours and I still have final say in the matter. You asked for Fire Support, the Archer is a damn fine piece of fire support.

I approve an Archer ARC-5R if that is what you want, Andi.

Offline Andi

« Reply #410 on: April 18, 2013, 08:47:45 PM »
Warg, with your approval, I'll go ahead and migrate Parcival's info to the "official" character sheet thread.

« Reply #411 on: April 19, 2013, 06:37:12 PM »
Just add in the 'Mech info and you are good to go!  ;D

Re: BattleTech 3050 ((Generally recruiting for now))
« Reply #412 on: August 30, 2013, 08:14:13 AM »
Opening up recruitment again to fill some vacant spots in the company in the near future. Any gender welcomed and 'Mechs restricted to common sense Inner Sphere ca 3025-3050. If you are unsure or have any other questions, please PM me and I'll answer any and all questions!

Re: BattleTech 3050 ((Generally recruiting for now))
« Reply #413 on: August 31, 2013, 09:07:45 PM »
Updated 1st Sept 2013: Made the front page a bit more approachable for those not familiar with BattleTech.