You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 04:31:15 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Ann Coulter lives under a bridge...  (Read 2785 times)

Offline VenusEnvyTopic starter

• The Paladin
  • Lady
  • Orgiest
  • Sex is like pizza, even when it's bad it's good
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Ann Coulter lives under a bridge...
« on: November 12, 2012, 09:16:36 AM »
Is it just me or is Ann Coulter a troll? I mean the things this woman says are ludicrous. I kind of want to believe that no one is that stupid and she is just being paid to say and do all this dumb shit just to see what people do...I mean come on the woman is against women suffrage! She apparently wants it repelled! Is there anyone dumber on the planet?

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Ann Coulter lives under a bridge...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 09:19:36 AM »
Do you have a source on Coulter wanting the 19th Amendment repealed?  I'll admit, I think the woman's potentially certifiable, but that's a new one - I'd like to share it with some of my non-E friends.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 09:20:46 AM »
As repelling as Ann Coulter may be to some of us she does have a right to her opinions.

You also have a right to yours but expressing them in a more rational and respectful tone with references cited will get you more favorable attention.

• The Paladin
  • Lady
  • Orgiest
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:27:51 AM »
Oh don't get me wrong I have no problem with her expressing her opinions. But I personally think the woman is extreme. As for the 19th amendment I believe I read someone quote her in an article so potentially taken out of context I admit. I just thinking if maybe because of her extreme beliefs and claims that perhaps she gets paid for just how crazy she can get.

Online Vekseid

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 09:29:06 AM »
http://observer.com/2007/10/coulter-culture/

Quote from: Ann Coulter
If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women.

It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it’s the party of women and 'We’ll pay for health care and tuition and day care — and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?'

She does speak mainly to incite, it's why I simply don't bother ever referencing her. The best thing to do with trolls is simply chuckle at their antics and move on with reality.

• The Paladin
  • Lady
  • Orgiest
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 09:30:28 AM »
Do you have a source on Coulter wanting the 19th Amendment repealed?  I'll admit, I think the woman's potentially certifiable, but that's a new one - I'd like to share it with some of my non-E friends.

Earlier this week, Ann Coulter told The New York Observer that she believes women shouldn’t have the right to vote:

If we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president. It’s kind of a pipe dream, it’s a personal fantasy of mine, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women.

It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it’s the party of women and “We’ll pay for health care and tuition and day care — and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?�?

This isn't where i found it but it sounds just about what I read.

• The Paladin
  • Lady
  • Orgiest
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 09:31:07 AM »
http://observer.com/2007/10/coulter-culture/

She does speak mainly to incite, it's why I simply don't bother ever referencing her. The best thing to do with trolls is simply chuckle at their antics and move on with reality.

Ah! Beat me to it, thanks though

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 09:49:45 AM »
I was able to find a video of her actually saying it in front of a group of college students.  I hope that it does incite - I hope it incites all of the women who saw it to get out there and get active in their local and national politics.  At this point, I think Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh may be the greatest friends the Democrats have out there.  O_o

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 10:55:46 AM »
I was able to find a video of her actually saying it in front of a group of college students.  I hope that it does incite - I hope it incites all of the women who saw it to get out there and get active in their local and national politics.  At this point, I think Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh may be the greatest friends the Democrats have out there.  O_o

It wouldn't be the first time she's said something like that. Of course I can't think of any group of any size she HASN'T insulted at some point or another.

Offline Serephino

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »
I watched a few interviews with her when her last book came out.  I think it was called 'Demonic' or something like that.  She basically thinks Democrats are savages.  Yeah, she's a troll.  Does she even realize that if women didn't get to vote, she wouldn't be able to spew her opinions and make money off it either?  She doesn't want anyone to pay attention to women, so I say we should give her what she wants and not give her the time of day.

Offline Lux12

• Eccentric Occult Glam Agent of The Unknowable.
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 12:14:14 PM »
Dear Gods. I do not get these anti-feminist conservative women who feast upon it's fruits and revel in the results of it's victories whilst decrying women's rights. It's a form of hypocrisy I cannot fathom.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 12:35:07 PM »
Dear Gods. I do not get these anti-feminist conservative women who feast upon it's fruits and revel in the results of it's victories whilst decrying women's rights. It's a form of hypocrisy I cannot fathom.

You aren't her audience. Well you are ONE of them. The one she relies upon to put her name up by screaming in outrage, to her there is no BAD publicity. She knows if any rational discourse is put out that she can rely on the reactionary Neo-conservatives to come down on those nasty liberals who are picking on her for telling the truth.

Best tactic is to shrug and move on. Make her hire a publicist to get attention.

Offline Skynet

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 01:27:27 PM »
Ann Coulter's a troll.

Unfortunately the GOP not only fails to see this, they treat her as a fellow "true conservative" and support the ridiculous statements she makes by repeatedly granting her a voice on Fox News.

It's like a message board troll fucking up the place and causing division, only for the administrator to come out and say that they agree with her and grant her moderator status.

Offline Lux12

• Eccentric Occult Glam Agent of The Unknowable.
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 02:04:11 PM »
I some times wonder if that entire party is trolling, unfortunately, their seems to empirical data that suggests otherwise.However, part of this is political posturing, so some ridiculous remarks or espoused ideologies are to be expected to be voiced.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 06:06:18 PM »
Does she even realize that if women didn't get to vote, she wouldn't be able to spew her opinions and make money off it either?
I don't follow your logic. You don't have to be eligible to vote to be on TV.

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 06:14:04 PM »
I think the logic goes:

If women don't get to vote, men make all the decisions
If men make all the decisions, women's opinions won't matter
If women's opinions don't matter, any given woman spewing opinions won't matter.
If women spewing opinions don't matter, then no one will give a woman money to spew opinions.

Ann Coulter is a woman spewing opinions.

Ergo, if women don't get to vote, no one will give Ann Coulter money to spew opinions.

(There's probably a flaw in there somewhere - probably along the lines of a Lysistrata fallacy.)

Offline Serephino

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 07:22:54 PM »
What Oniya said, pretty much.  She's a woman talking about politics.  If women aren't allowed in politics she can't do that anymore.  She'd have to shut up and keep her place in the kitchen, like she, and a disturbing number of Republicans, seems to think should happen.  Basically, she's a walking hypocrite.

Offline Trieste

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »
Women have influenced politics loooooong before being allowed the vote. She's a reasonably attractive woman talking about politics - there are men bound to listen to her.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 07:39:47 PM »
What Oniya said, pretty much.  She's a woman talking about politics.  If women aren't allowed in politics she can't do that anymore.  She'd have to shut up and keep her place in the kitchen, like she, and a disturbing number of Republicans, seems to think should happen.  Basically, she's a walking hypocrite.

I pretty much stopped listening to her when she violated client confidentiality back in the Clinton/Lewinsky Paula Jones days.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:42:04 PM by Callie Del Noire »

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 07:41:11 PM »
Women have influenced politics loooooong before being allowed the vote. She's a reasonably attractive woman talking about politics - there are men bound to listen to her.

Yeah, that's where it falls down.  There's also the 'You, to the couch!' factor.

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 11:54:07 AM »
I must admit that before this thread, I had never heard this woman's name before.  Granted we don't have cable TV, but still...

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 12:05:27 PM »
You are not missing out on anything.  Trust me.  :P

Offline Valerian

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »
I only know her name because I work for a book distributor.

Her titles aren't selling like they used to, either, if that's any consolation.  They still hit the major bestseller lists, but those are based on the books ordered, not sold.  They don't take into account the numbers of copies that are later returned by stores and distributors, and in the case of her titles those returns are generally very high.  That's often true of the more extreme writers, no matter their political affiliations, but more so for her, I think, at least with her more recent titles.

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »
Well I for one think straight, white males should no longer have any rights.  We've oppressed the world long enough and need to be punished! 

Offline Trieste

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 01:17:25 PM »
Kinda not funny.

I only know her name because I work for a book distributor.

Her titles aren't selling like they used to, either, if that's any consolation.  They still hit the major bestseller lists, but those are based on the books ordered, not sold.  They don't take into account the numbers of copies that are later returned by stores and distributors, and in the case of her titles those returns are generally very high.  That's often true of the more extreme writers, no matter their political affiliations, but more so for her, I think, at least with her more recent titles.

This doesn't surprise me. I am familiar with Coulter because she pops up in my feeds from time to time. I originally got to know the name from someone who was obsessed with her, idolized her. I found it very strange.