The hopeless romantic - M -- > F

Started by ilovethenight, October 27, 2012, 03:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovethenight

looking for romance.

A guy with a stressful desk job goes to this diner each day for lunch. Its a small place run by a small family. The father works the kitchen. She takes care of the floor. She is a strong working woman.

A few times he has watched as she works on homework for the college she attends at night. He walks in each day looking forward to the couple of minutes he talks to her each day.

He has been building up the nerve to ask her out.....

Will this hopeless romantic ask this girl out well we will see.

PM me and we can talk about how we can make things more interesting for you.

Lilliana Rue

She sits at the counter, revelling in the peace that settles between rushes every day. Taking a quick look to make sure the few customers still there don't need immediate attention, she pulls out her Shakespeare text and flips to The Tempest, twirling her highlighter in her fingers as she reads. She's read the play countless times over the years, but each time she does, she's drawn to the story like a moth to a flame.

The bell above the door chimes, and she her head snaps up, her long ponytail flicking with the motion. Smoothly, she closes the book and stands, reaching for the notebook in her pocket to take the new arrival's order.

ilovethenight

An argument over an account with the boss that is given to his nephew leaves me very beaten up.

I make my way to the diner. I walk into the door. Its a pretty place she has put some very personal touches to the place.

Some paintings of places she has visited. A flower arrangement on the counter that she puts together each morning.

I step into the door and see her. She greets me with a welcoming smile. My world is suddenly a brighter place. A smile projects my changed mood.

"Good afternoon. I see the spring has blessed your flowers today."

(My Characters name is Farookh its a middle eastern name)

Lilliana Rue

She smiles in return, pleased to see one of her favourite customers. "Glad to see you today, Farookh," she replies, walking with him to his usual place at the counter, taking the opportunity to move her books to the side. "Would you like the usual today?" She flipped open her notebook, still watching him. The man was handsome, polite, and refined. She wished for what must have been the dozen to time that she had the courage to show her interest, but it just wasn't in her nature to be so forward in her personal life.

ilovethenight

" The usual Yes!" . He smiles back as he gets a glimpse of her books . "The tempest again! you must tell me more about that play why you keep going back to it.".

She smiles and goes into the kitchen. He sips on his coffee and admires her as she goes about talking to her father and arranging things that are out of place. She knows he watches her and has caught him in the act before but this was a game and she was winning.

It was three months ago he remembers he first came here. The place looked similar but she loved to change things around and he loved that every time he came back there was something a little different. She was the same way with her own look there was always something a little different. Sometimes a different hair style or a streak or a different outfit. She took care of herself.

At first he had not even noticed her she was subtle that way. He was with a client and when she came to the table she just was a pleasure to talk there was a sexiness about her that just came from her confidence it was just how she conducted herself that lit up the room. He started coming back for more and would look forward to it each day. He would flirt with her giving her a compliment or two and she would play along.

He thought about asking her out each day but if he could easily screw it up so he just waited for the right time.

Today he thought is the perfect day he had got two tickets to her favorite play and he would just leave them in with the check and a note.

"Relive your most treasured piece of art with me. I have seen in you beauty and grace.
I hope that you see in me a man worthy of your company.
Love Farookh"

He waited for her to come back patiently.

Lilliana Rue

Fiona came back with his order, setting it down with a smile. "I don't know what it is about The Tempest that gets me; it's a mixture of the characters, the pace, and the fact that when he wrote it, Shakespeare meant it as his farewell to theatre. It adds a bit of melancholy to it that just hits me every time I read it." She looked up as the door chime pealed again. "I'll be back to check on you in a minute," she said, and walked over to greet the new arrival, her attention still back at the counter with Farookh. She enjoyed the rapport they'd developed over the last few months; he was bright, soft spoken, and something about the way he looked at her drew her like a moth to a flame. She prayed she'd muster up the courage to ask him out; she knew he was interested, just not sure how much.

ilovethenight

Quote from: Lilliana Rue on October 29, 2012, 06:40:02 PM
Fiona came back with his order, setting it down with a smile. "I don't know what it is about The Tempest that gets me; it's a mixture of the characters, the pace, and the fact that when he wrote it, Shakespeare meant it as his farewell to theatre. It adds a bit of melancholy to it that just hits me every time I read it." She looked up as the door chime pealed again. "I'll be back to check on you in a minute," she said, and walked over to greet the new arrival, her attention still back at the counter with Farookh. She enjoyed the rapport they'd developed over the last few months; he was bright, soft spoken, and something about the way he looked at her drew her like a moth to a flame. She prayed she'd muster up the courage to ask him out; she knew he was interested, just not sure how much.

"I dont know much about his work other than a play by him called the Merchant of Venice I remember vaguely some of the characters and a scene about a pound of flesh it was a long time ago. Your love for his work has left me intrigued." As she walks away slowly he takes another sip of the coffee. Even in a room filled with people that have her attention she makes him feel like he has her all to himself.

He tries not be too much of a distraction but when he is with her he cannot help himself.

He fumbles around his coat to look for his treasure. An envelope and a rose. While she attends to the guests he arranges his gift.

A nervous wreck he ends up dropping it on the other side of the counter. He goes down to look for it but there isn't enough room for him to reach it and he watches as his perfect plan comes crashing down as he gets back up to his seat. Fiona is now standing at the counter on the other side...

Lilliana Rue

She moved to the other side of the counter to ring her order in. As she turned back to smile at Farookh, she  felt her foot come into contact with something. Frowning in puzzlement, she bent down to retrieve the beautiful, single rose and the envelope. Her heart fluttered, hoping. Placing both on the counter, she looked at him. "Did you drop these? It's a beautiful blossom; almost perfect." Her heart fluttered again. "Whoever it's for is a lucky woman."

ilovethenight

He smiles to cover his embarrassment as he thinks of what to say. "It is for you Fiona and It would make me very happy if you would accept it. It was a lonely red rose when I saw it on my walk to the diner. It sat amongst an arrangement of some worthy symmetry but a lonely red rose it still was if not with you."

He wondered all day what he would say but now that he had spoken he would have to see it to the verdict. He blushed and smiled as his hands played with the now empty coffee cup. The noise in the diner drowned out as his mind focused on playing out every outcome of this scene and prepared for his reaction in each one.

Lilliana Rue

She picked up the rose and brought it to her nose, inhaling the delicate scent. "It's wonderful, Farookh; I thank you, so much for this." She smiled at him, feeling a little shy for a moment; she was so happy to know that he was interested in her, and awed at the same time. She glanced at the envelope. "Is that for me, as well?"

ilovethenight

"Yes Fiona please open it. I hope you like it." He is happy all his nervousness has now turned into ecstasy. He is all smiles. 

Fiona has been his happiness his one true desire since he met her but more than anything she had become a good friend someone he could talk to.

She had frequented his dreams on many occasions but there is no dream that could have been better than this.

Lilliana Rue

She opened the envelope, sliding out the tickets." The Tempest? Farookh, this is just...it's wonderful. This is brilliant of you." Her eyes glowed with pleasure and elation. "Would you like to meet at the theatre, or would you rather meet earlier and travel together?"

ilovethenight

Quote from: Lilliana Rue on October 30, 2012, 08:52:26 PM
She opened the envelope, sliding out the tickets." The Tempest? Farookh, this is just...it's wonderful. This is brilliant of you." Her eyes glowed with pleasure and elation. "Would you like to meet at the theatre, or would you rather meet earlier and travel together?"

"It would be my pleasure to pick you up. If you could write down your address". He gave her his pen and a business card to write on. He smiled . "You are a beautiful woman Fiona he whispered softly in her ear. And today I feel like a very luck man." . He wanted so much to kiss her or hold her but he knew that she might not be comfortable with that here. He leaned back out. "I will take your leave now. I will see you at 8".. He took off as there were a million plans in his mind to choose from and he had that work thing he was late for.

Lilliana Rue

She wrote down her address, her eyes still gleaming. "Eight will be perfect; I'll be ready," she replied, unable to keep the smile for her face. Her eyes darkened in pleasure at the words he whispered in her ear. "I'm a very lucky woman," she said in return. She was still smiling, long after he left, her mind half on her work, and half planning her outfit for that evening. Tonight was going to be special, she thought to herself.

ilovethenight

ilovethenight

Quote from: Lilliana Rue on October 30, 2012, 09:27:41 PM
She wrote down her address, her eyes still gleaming. "Eight will be perfect; I'll be ready," she replied, unable to keep the smile for her face. Her eyes darkened in pleasure at the words he whispered in her ear. "I'm a very lucky woman," she said in return. She was still smiling, long after he left, her mind half on her work, and half planning her outfit for that evening. Tonight was going to be special, she thought to herself.

He sat on his desk day dreaming for two hours then it was his chance to slip out his boss had stepped into a meeting. He had played out this day in his head before and set about setting his plan in motion. A quick trip to his friend who had his own restaurant downtown. He called him up and explained. He was a simple man never the fine dining kind but this was a special day and he needed the help."Hello old friend. I have met someone special I was hoping you could put together something special for me tonight a basket maybe something I can take along" .He was a good friend and would not let him down. "Ah dont worry old friend. Just come over I will surprise you.". A quick stop to the barber and then to the restaurant and he had all his ducks in a row.

A nice shower and a clean shave he stepped out in a towel feeling like a new man. "Not too bad you still got it" he spoke to the mirror as the after shave hit the face. His best suite was next and he was ready for the big night.

He hopped into his car and tapped her address in his Jacket pocket. It was a cool summer night the sky was clear and the stars were all out. They probably are out to see his beautiful date he thought. The drive to her place went by rehearsing his greeting. He was here now. He walked up to the door another single red rose in his right hand behind his back he rung the door bell.

ilovethenight

Hello Lilliana

I hope you are well. I just wanted to ask you if you are enjoying our roleplay and if you were enjoying my company. please let me know if you wanted me to change anything

Lilliana Rue

She had left work early, with her father's blessing, to prepare for her evening. After a long, hot bath, she put her long, auburn hair into an elegant upsweep, leaving a few tendrils loose to curl around her face. She left her face nearly free of makeup; darkening her lids a little and a brief sweep of gloss on her lips. She slipped on her best dress; a sleeveless, V necked number in rich cobalt blue that brightened the gold flecks in her blue eyes and sparked the reddish hint to her hair.she had just put on the diamond stud earrings that her mother had left her and taken a steadying breath, when the doorbell rang, signalling Farookh's arrival.

She rushed down the stairs, shoes in hand, stopping briefly at the bottom to slip the on, before opening the door with a smile. She lost her breath again for a moment at the sight of him, handsome and immaculately groomed. "You have impeccable timing,"she murmured, resisting the urge to smooth nonexistent wrinkles from her dress.

ilovethenight

Quote from: Lilliana Rue on October 31, 2012, 06:35:55 PM
She had left work early, with her father's blessing, to prepare for her evening. After a long, hot bath, she put her long, auburn hair into an elegant upsweep, leaving a few tendrils loose to curl around her face. She left her face nearly free of makeup; darkening her lids a little and a brief sweep of gloss on her lips. She slipped on her best dress; a sleeveless, V necked number in rich cobalt blue that brightened the gold flecks in her blue eyes and sparked the reddish hint to her hair.she had just put on the diamond stud earrings that her mother had left her and taken a steadying breath, when the doorbell rang, signalling Farookh's arrival.

She rushed down the stairs, shoes in hand, stopping briefly at the bottom to slip the on, before opening the door with a smile. She lost her breath again for a moment at the sight of him, handsome and immaculately groomed. "You have impeccable timing,"she murmured, resisting the urge to smooth nonexistent wrinkles from her dress.

"The stars are out today to get a glimpse of you there is not doubt you are beautiful Fiona but you have outdone yourself" . He smiles as he reveals another single red rose. "Tonight you have to earn the attention you beautiful flower you are in some very good company" as he speaks to the rose offering it to Fiona.

He offers her his arm and walks with her to the car. He opens the door for her and soon they are on their way. As he drives he puts his hand on her hand trying to hold it. "The moon says hello Fiona and wants us to join her at the old waterfront. We have a few hours before the curtains are raised. Would you like to go say hello." . He smiles as he hopes she likes the moons company.