Dead Muse Society.Current active links:>OOC thread.>Ideas Thread.IC links:Dead Muse Society - IC 1 : The Beginning of a journey starts with a Single Step.Dead Muse Society - IC 2 : AsylumInactive links:
-( I wrote this while having the flu, having no Muse what so ever and being distracted by numerous things. )
I'm thinking about starting
This is the recruitment thread for a group game for people who have no Muse in one way or another. Those people who are swamped with work, have a big test tomorrow, are watching one or more kids, are waiting for their partner to post in a game they do have a Muse for, are too drunk or are not coherent due to something else to dare post in one of the games they are owing. But still want to write.That's right, I'm calling out the people who are out of inspiration in one way or another.What? That's going to be a mess!
Probably, yes. Keep reading, though.Ground rules:
1. You must post one post per day. ( Unless, of course, you're in an area where you can't access the internet, are in a coma or abducted by aliens >.> )
Due to this rule, there will be no posting order. 24hours is quite short a timeframe to post in if you have to wait for someone.
2. You have to respond to the post before you. ( You may respond to more, but you have to, at least, respond to the one before you. )
Exceptions may be made after contacting the GM. ( This is rare. )
3. Posts will not have to contain a minimum (or maximum) amount of words. Yes, you may post a one-liner, if that is all your Muse can come up with.
4. No character sheets needed, unless you want to write a character up. Your call, but I'd advice against it so you can keep flexible. Exception to this would be people who've been writing a certain character for so long it's a default for them.
5. There will be no general plot, no general story line. There will be a setting, though, but you do not have to feel tied down by it. Feel free to have your character wander off. Just not too far, as the next poster will have to respond to your post.
I'm also thinking of changing the setting now and then and perhaps have multiple genres pass by.
There will be a change in setting / genre now and then.
6. People who happen to have a Muse are encouraged to write something inspirational. People who enjoy spiking the punch with inspiration will have a place to post pictures of any kind and/ or plot-bunnies they and others may freely use within the society.
7. There will be place for random smut that can be broken up/ started at will. I'm, currently, thinking of a general m/f, f/f and m/m thread for this.
8. A post only needs to be spell-checked (Elliquiy has one, if you're wondering!). Odd grammar, auto correct fails, rambling, down right baaaad writing is acceptable. Creativity is encouraged, but not mandatory. Making fun/ poking/ correcting grammar, auto correct fails, rambling (ETC) is heavily frowned upon. If you really can not read the post before you, you will have to make due with what you think is happening in it.Technical stuff:
Thread-wise, I'm thinking to need 8 threads (general IC x3, smut x3, OOC, ideas thread) at least, which means I need at least 4 players to start this up.
It may also be a good idea to not have more than five or six players per thread, if this game really kicks off.
This game could get very, very messy. I'm willing to, now and then, step in to attempt steer the game into some or the other direction, but rather not do that too much. I am actually hoping the idea thread will aid the game with this, but can't be certain until it's been tried out.
I will need a co-GM for this. I'm not very good at GMing, if I'm honest; I find it stressful.Who in their right mind would join up for something like this?
Think of this as a NaNo for RPers. Anyone wanting to write but can't is more than welcome to join up. Those with a Muse who think this may be fun anyhow, can join in, too.Points to be addressed:
-Which board to put this in. (I'm thinking of [EX] for maximum freedom.)
The game is set in [EX].
-What setting to start the game with. (Future settings can be discussed in the OOC thread/ suggested in the Ideas thread.)
The first setting has been set. Check active links to see where the game is at currently.
Reactions may be posted in this thread.