Pirates of the Furribbean (Full)

Started by Chrystal, October 15, 2012, 01:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

Karasu

SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Haibane

That top picture is really nice CurvyKitten. I'll move my character over to her. Nicci may use the original.

What are the duties of a First Mate? Is she simply someone who takes command if the Captain is absent and passes on the captains orders to the rest of the crew?

How about its my bunny who is the navigator and is the one who knows charts, maps and the stars very well? I did put maximum effort into that section of her character - without that she isn't much of a character at all. I can delete the clingy links to the captain and let the first mate have that aspect.

Edited my character profile.

How does that sound?

Chrystal

That is sweet.

Thanks, H, I love you!

I'll get an OOC and IC thread up, probably tomorrow or later this evening.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

apygoos

Haibane

Who was it who had that cute boy-horse character? The idea of a huge horse cock really turns my tight little bunny on... maybe we can have Flopsy take ownership of him?

EDIT: While randomly googling, found some useful links about ships officers:

Modern but still useful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_mate

Also:

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Good-First-Mate

Piratey stuff! Aaarrr!:

http://pirates.hegewisch.net/capcrew.html

(this page brings in the quartermaster as 2nd-in-command. Hmm)

Chrystal

Uh, yes, I forgot your questions, sorry.

Quartermaster. The QM (Q in the Bond films) of a military unit is usually the supply officer. However, I suspect that the term has become corrupted over time. The word Quarters, in modern military parlance, means where people live. But on a sailing warship, Quarters, or general quarters, is the same as battle stations. I cannot find a reference to prove it, but I suspect that the terms may be interlinked - Master at Quarters, in other words he's in charge while the ship is in battle.

The term almost certainly dates back to Roman times...

However, that article also states that not all pirate crews had the QM as second in command, or that QM and first mate could be one and the same. I think that should be the case in this case...

OOC thread coming soon...

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Haibane on November 25, 2012, 09:32:22 AM
That top picture is really nice CurvyKitten. I'll move my character over to her. Nicci may use the original.

Glad you like it, and I'm really glad I could help. :)

Winds Of Lust

Quote from: Haibane on November 25, 2012, 12:49:00 PM
Who was it who had that cute boy-horse character? The idea of a huge horse cock really turns my tight little bunny on... maybe we can have Flopsy take ownership of him?

The boy-horse would be my character, and I think he'd do just fine under Flopsy's tender love and care. ;)

Kimera

Ok finished my character

Player: Kimera

Name: Freyalise Mariemaia Barton
Species: Wolf
Sexuality: Straight

Height: 5’7”
Weight: 135
Eye colour: Golden
Fur/hair colour: White & Grey

Profession: -

Specific skills: Everything a ‘good’ wife should know (you can thank her mother for that), Can handle a gun.

Likes: Freedom, The Sea, Romance, Adventure, Good stories, The gifts from her Father.

Dislikes: A dull life, teatime with her mother's friends, meeting potential marriage candidates.

Personality: Freespirited and full of passion, Freya longs for a life more then that of an ordinary noble woman. Her fathers blood burns in her veins and she loves nothing more then the smell of the sea and the wind in her hair.

History:
Freya is the daughter of Alexia Barton and Bartholomeus Blackburn. Her mother has kept her family name to hide her fathers origin, for it is a well kept secret that Freya's father is none other then Pirate Lord Blackmane, Terror of the Southern Seas.

The Bartons have always been a wealthy family with great influence within the region of New Essex. At one point in time, her mother had been kidnapped by the fierce Pirate Blackburn, but during her captivity, the two fell in love and Alexia was blessed with a daughter.

She has only met her father once or twice, when he secretly came ashore to visit her mother. On one such evening, when she was 8, he came to her and gave her two presents. One was a necklace for a pretty girl and the other was a beautifully decorated pistol, to keep her safe from evil men like him. Both these objects are her most treasured possessions.

Freya was raised by her mother to be a Lady, but she actually longs for freedom and the sea. Her mother always knew she had her fathers nature and so after another social meeting with one of her friends, a marriage was arranged between her daughter Freya and the Maxwell's son, Thomas.

Not interested in a sedentary life as a nobleman's woman, Freya ran and took the first merchant ship she could find. Her goal is to find her father and perhaps join him in his life of freedom and adventure... 

Karasu

heh But for mine? I wonder what will happen to her XD

Kimera

Concerning ranks on a ship, you have to take into account that most ships have crews larger then 5  ;D

apygoos

CurvyKitten

You know I never figured out where my chiana would be placed or who her owner was. :P

Haibane

Quote from: Winds Of Lust on November 25, 2012, 02:23:54 PM
The boy-horse would be my character, and I think he'd do just fine under Flopsy's tender love and care. ;)
Does he like being treated rough? Flopsy can show a mean streak.

Chrystal

Okay, people....

OOC thread is UP https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=158437.0

Please post to indicate continued interest and book mark the thread.

All non pirate PCs start on the merchant ship. All Pirate PCs on the pirate ship.

If your character specifically starts out as a slave, you may invent a NPC owner who doesn't survive the battle, or who is made to walk the plank. Otherwise all non-pirate characters start out as free furries.

Karasu

cool, I can think of a reason why Marina'd be on a merchant ship.

Kimera

Already have put a reason in her background

Chrystal

Oh, I almost forgot. Freyalise is approved, and is the last character to be approved unless someone decides they want to post a lynx...

Winds Of Lust

Quote from: Haibane on November 25, 2012, 04:03:06 PM
Does he like being treated rough? Flopsy can show a mean streak.

Go for it, he's a big boy, he can take a mean streak or a mood swing.

CurvyKitten

Maybe Chiana can help sooth him if she is to rough :P  Or help him through those scary storms.

Mora

Quote from: Chrystal on November 25, 2012, 04:11:00 PM
Okay, people....

All non pirate PCs start on the merchant ship. All Pirate PCs on the pirate ship.

If your character specifically starts out as a slave, you may invent a NPC owner who doesn't survive the battle, or who is made to walk the plank. Otherwise all non-pirate characters start out as free furries.
If I'm not mistaken, my character starts as Joslyn's character's slave... So I'm good now? I don't need an NPC right?

Chrystal

Strangler

Quote from: Chrystal on November 25, 2012, 04:11:00 PM
Okay, people....

If you ever wanted a villain character, for now or later on, I'd be happy to make myself available.

Same goes for expendable NPCs.

Chrystal