News:

Main Menu

WarZ: Who will play?

Started by Gekido, October 15, 2012, 02:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gekido

I was wondering if we could form up a group to play the Alpha of WarZ. I already purchased my entrance to Alpha and I was wondering who else was playing this game and if a group would be possible.

SinXAzgard21

I might drop the 20 bucks for it after launch and I get to read some reviews.  Though honestly after playing DayZ I'm not sure I really wanna do the whole survival pvp shit again.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ryven

Wouldn't it be PvE, not PvP unless you're trying to kill the other survivors too.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on October 15, 2012, 07:42:38 PM
Wouldn't it be PvE, not PvP unless you're trying to kill the other survivors too.

No because if this game is a lot like Dayz... (Which in a lot of ways it is but it looks a lot better due to being a stand alone game and not a fucking mod), then you would be in the world by yourself or with friends killing zombies and hoping to gods that people don't come around to kill and steal your crap.

Ryven

I have bought the game and am enjoying it thus far.  Anyone else playing?

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

This was already made aware in one of Sabby's game threads.  It was all over Steam as well.

Ryven

Quote from: Chris Brady on December 26, 2012, 06:17:58 PM
THIS WarZ?

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1227010p1.html

My question was to inquire if anyone was playing, not for you to slap a review in the thread and thus share you're opinion of it if only by extension.  I happen to enjoy it.  I want to know if anyone else is playing.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on December 26, 2012, 08:03:29 PM
My question was to inquire if anyone was playing, not for you to slap a review in the thread and thus share you're opinion of it if only by extension.  I happen to enjoy it.  I want to know if anyone else is playing.

I'm not going to be playing it.  Honestly from what I've seen and read I'll be avoiding this game.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Ryven on December 26, 2012, 08:03:29 PM

I wanted to know if I was thinking of the right game, Ryven, and that link was the first one that I remembered.  My apologies.  Glad you enjoy it.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

It wasn't a BAD game, really... I could have gotten into it, it was just kind of unstable :/ I'm glad some of you are having good experiences, but I wasn't able to stay in a game for very long. Kept dropping out, lagging, and instantly killing me when I log in for no reason, which means I have to wait 4 hours to respawn.

I got my refund because of how it was fraudulently advertised on Steam. I really hope they can add all the stuff they promised and make the game stable, but just going by what I've read of the company that makes it, I don't have high hopes. I don't think they were expecting an organized backlash like what happened.

Ryven

The spawn time is one hour now, not four, and the biggest problems I see is imbalance and hacking.  There is virtually no reason to not turn on other players, so I've basically been sticking to low pop. servers and making supply runs until they implement more features and/or balance the game.  If it all goes tits up for them, I've only spent $15 on the game, and I've enjoyed it so far.  If not, I'll have the arsenal for democracy by the time it's decently playable the way they want it to be.

Sabby

That seems to be how the Z games work, sadly xD We're all just waiting for them to get finished.

Ryven

And I will have all the weapons by the time they're done!

Chris Brady

They may have to change their name, actually.  There's a rumour going around that WarZ is too close to the novel and coming movie, World War Z, and so the movie (I think) studio is pushing for them to change it.

Ryven

I think their trademark got denied, so that's likely.

SinXAzgard21

Well Ryven I'm glad your enjoying it.  I'll stick with Dayz though.  I'm enjoying it now that I have some people to play with.

Ryven

I haven't checked out dayz yet.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on December 30, 2012, 08:10:31 PM
I haven't checked out dayz yet.

You don't have an hour respawn, most servers you don't get shot when you first spawn unless it is out side of a certain city.  It is in alpha so its buggy and kind of clunky but I enjoy the hell out of it.  Hackers are an issue since it is a mod but sometimes you get the cool hackers that hook you up with some bad ass gear.  I'm sitting with a DMR with 9 clips and a AS50, both of them are really strong snipers.  The AS50 is an anti-material sniper rifle.

Ryven

Hackers are a problem in WarZ too, but I've pretty much been avoiding anyone in the game, hacker/friendly/bandit, because of the broken elements of it.  Being clunky is understandable because of an alpha.  I'm guessing there are more features enabled as well?  It seems, so far, that in WarZ, the only thing I can do without putting myself in an almost certain mortal danger is to root around the outlying areas (which actually have a LOT of stuff to scavenge) and lay low.  I haven't come up against anyone in the last 5 or 6 supply runs I've done.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on December 31, 2012, 03:21:52 PM
Hackers are a problem in WarZ too, but I've pretty much been avoiding anyone in the game, hacker/friendly/bandit, because of the broken elements of it.  Being clunky is understandable because of an alpha.  I'm guessing there are more features enabled as well?  It seems, so far, that in WarZ, the only thing I can do without putting myself in an almost certain mortal danger is to root around the outlying areas (which actually have a LOT of stuff to scavenge) and lay low.  I haven't come up against anyone in the last 5 or 6 supply runs I've done.

Pretty much me and my group have a base camp set out in the middle of no where with good gear.  We keep shitty gear on ourselves and try to obtain vehicles for the 12 hours before server restart.  Oh there is no micro transactions at all.  If you want something go look for it and hope you don't get shot, eaten or starve.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 01, 2013, 04:07:43 AM
Pretty much me and my group have a base camp set out in the middle of no where with good gear.  We keep shitty gear on ourselves and try to obtain vehicles for the 12 hours before server restart.  Oh there is no micro transactions at all.  If you want something go look for it and hope you don't get shot, eaten or starve.

That's the kind of thing I want to find, but I don't think I'm going to be successful.  It doesn't seem like anyone is willing to work with anyone else on WarZ.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on January 01, 2013, 01:43:23 PM
That's the kind of thing I want to find, but I don't think I'm going to be successful.  It doesn't seem like anyone is willing to work with anyone else on WarZ.

Well the game you need to run Dayz is like 20 bucks right now on Steam.  Arma II combined operations.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 01, 2013, 03:41:49 PM
Well the game you need to run Dayz is like 20 bucks right now on Steam.  Arma II combined operations.

I'll look into it as soon as I have cash.

SinXAzgard21

The sales on steam end the fifth.