News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Senate Candidate attacked for playing World of Warcraft

Started by TheGlyphstone, October 06, 2012, 10:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirtree

Well 20 bucks form a poor man is worth as much as 20 bucks from bill gates and on the up side you will ne'er meet the person if your blizzard heheh

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 10, 2012, 01:03:55 PM
And it's that broad brushing, rather than examining officials individually, that undercuts the social moderates with folks outside the party.  Sorry, I'm a firm judge of judging the person by their own sins. 

Case in point, the complete LACK of backbone that Sen McCain has shown in the last 2 years.  Total lack of respect. The withdrawal of true statesmen (or in this case STATESWOMEN) like Olympia Snow. Regret that service to her country and being a true leader in a party of lackspittle jackasses is rewarded by betrayal and backstabbing. She deserved better.
Personally, I am judging them individually as I am reminded of an old quote:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)   

Until one or some of your claimed moderates do something about the Tea Party leadership, they are, to me, just as culpable.  Maybe I am being overly judgmental, but at the same time, the amount of hate and vitriol spewed by these people during this election was outright disgusting.

I want to point out that I do agree that some of the GOP might be good men and women, but until they do something about the bad ones...

Quote from: Skynet on November 11, 2012, 07:26:41 PM
Given the way candidates act, we'd do this anyway.  Adams and Jefferson gave birth to negative campaigning, but genuine disagreements of policies and a shared desire to gain the Presidency were instrumental in creating a negative atmosphere and us versus them mentality.

Quote from: Lux12 on November 11, 2012, 11:11:48 PM
True.Humans are bound to band together with like minded individuals no matter what measures are taken to prevent factionism, but I think it begins a much greater problem when we codify or formalize certain groups.

What people don't seem to realize or acknowledged is that we're a tribal species, we gather into these little groupings, or we put them into labelled cliques, the Jocks, the Popular Kids, the Geeks, to use High School, but they're totally translatable to mote adult groupings, Sports Stars, Celebrities and...  Well, OK us Geeks never really get away from that label...

And worse we all attribute certain characteristics to these groups, accurately or not.  It's instinctive, which doesn't make it right, but it is incredibly common and will be part of every day life.  No matter how wrong it truly is, it's what humans do.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

LunarSage

Quote from: Oniya on November 12, 2012, 01:17:52 PM
Except golf courses have exclusive memberships.  Blizzard only cares if you can fork over whatsit - $20 a month?  And that's only if you want to go over a certain level, if I remember right.  ;D

Actually, most golf courses are public.  Country Clubs do have exclusive memberships (more a factor of money than anything else), but anyone can golf at the public courses.

Just sayin'  :P

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Oniya

Quote from: LunarSage on November 14, 2012, 08:41:11 AM
Actually, most golf courses are public.  Country Clubs do have exclusive memberships (more a factor of money than anything else), but anyone can golf at the public courses.

Just sayin'  :P

Shows how often I play golf that doesn't involve little windmills.  ;)

My experience with golf of the other sort is limited to the sportscasters effusing over Tiger Woods, and a scene in Rising Sun where Sean Connery's character is confronted over accepting a golf membership (over $1,000 value), and asked how it's different from a (couple hundred dollar) bribe that Wesley Snipes' character took in his past.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lux12

I will  have lost all faith in humanity if they start accusing her of using tax dollars to pay for this... The sad part is I think they'd do it.

Oniya

But think of it this way:  political backstabbing is now so much cleaner!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

LunarSage

Well she won, so her DPS was obviously greater than her noob opponent's.   ;)

TheGlyphstone

Maybe her budgetary plan involves shoring up revenue shortfalls via gold farming?

Oniya

Well, that would at least be money coming in from China!  *rimshot*

Stattick

Quote from: Oniya on November 14, 2012, 09:12:58 AM
Shows how often I play golf that doesn't involve little windmills.  ;)

That's the only kind of golf I'll play.
O/O   A/A

TheGlyphstone

Stattick

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 14, 2012, 02:06:08 PM
Wait, there's another kind of golf?

Yeah, apparently there's the "Go fetch" version. You hit the ball really hard. Then you slowly walk around until you find it. Then you hit it really hard again. You do this at a park while wearing really ugly clothes... um... because you hate nature or something? Sometimes you get hit by lightening because nature hates you back.
O/O   A/A

Oniya

Avis habilis

Stattick

O/O   A/A

TheGlyphstone

If Golf was more like Hockey, it might actually be interesting to watch.

Oniya

TheGlyphstone

Stattick

O/O   A/A

Avis habilis

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 14, 2012, 04:05:34 PM
If Golf was more like Hockey, it might actually be interesting to watch.

Golf needs more body checks & high sticking. *nod*

Stattick

Golf would actually be interesting if it went back to it's origins. It needs more kilts, claymores, screaming Scotsmen, and blood fertilizing the fields.
O/O   A/A

Avis habilis

"They may take our lives, but they'll never take a Mulligan!"

Lux12

Quote from: Stattick on November 15, 2012, 01:59:09 PM
Golf would actually be interesting if it went back to it's origins. It needs more kilts, claymores, screaming Scotsmen, and blood fertilizing the fields.
*Raises up a goblet of scotch then chugs*Aye! Let us woad our faces, strap our dirks to our hips, raise up our claymores and bring hell to our oppressors brother Scotts!

Seriously though, I am part Scottish and part English.If all my ancestors got put in a room with each other it would not end well. X_X

LunarSage

I like to play golf.  Well I used to when I was able to stand for that long (though I suppose I could always rent a golf cart).  I do not, however get the appeal of watching golf on TV.  Or Hockey.  Or Baseball.  Or Basketball.  Or College Football. 

Come to think of it, I only really like to watch pro football, and then only if the Dolphins or the Seahawks are playing.

OT:  The GOP shouldn't have griefed.  Now her opponent got himself a ban until next election.  He's gonna miss out on some epic loot.