So I have this idea(s) for an RP.. like a longer active one, I hope. I have these ideas, but I'm awful at actually pulling an RP together, or GM'ing it. So I do need help..
Here's my ideas/goals:
1. I see this as a crossover RP. So characters from differnet genres would be brought together. Transported to a primitive world that is in need of help. Like the natives are being enslaved and oppressed by alien invaders. The natives have the power to summon beings to their realm from other ones, but not to fight. This would kind of be like the Seven Samurai.
2. Limited roster. 10 or so? 10-20 I'd say, with 10-ish players. The characters can be any genre you want. Or real people. You can have Frodo, Batman, Lightning, Hunter Thompson. You pick. But, I think it would be smart for GMs to have final yay or nay for character approvals.
3. No overpowered characters. If you want Goku, he has to be super powered down. No smashing mountains with one punch, please. If you want Superman, awesome. Power it down. I think it's just more fun.
4. Now either they fight off the aliens from the planet and more arrive, hearing the first was defeated. Or maybe other threats emerge. Or.. we Quantum Leap it. They save the planet, and then are suddenly transported to another realm in need. Any kind of universe. a zombie verse, another world in need, anything.
5. No picnic. I don't want the heroes to show up and clean house in two seconds. I think it would be fun if this threat(s) is to big for any singular hero. Maybe first they fight each other, then the baddies, then realize they need each other. That's how it usually goes. But even banded together, it should still not be easy. Easier, but not easy. Heroes will get hurt, maybe badly,they need to recover. All of that. But this is also an adult RP. So romance, all of that.
6. When you ask about what system to use.. um.. well I don't know. I mean I just see straight up RP. If we need to use a system, I'm open to that of course.
That's all I can think of at this moment. How does this sound to you? Nothing is set in stone, ideas are always up to be changed.