Well, there we go. I think I covered all the bases but let me know if I missed something (my mind does like to wander in the middle of writing sometimes). Also, I donít have a picture because I am chronically bad at finding images that match the mental image I have for a character. Iíll keep looking and update this if I happen to find one though.
Given Name: Andellian Amastacia
* Nicknames: Andel or just Del (only his closest friends call him that though)
* Gender: Male
- Age: 149
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 172 lbs.
- Hair Color/Style: Medium length blonde hair which tends to simply hang down to slightly beyond his neck. Usually seems unkempt as Andel rarely takes the time to do anything with it during his travels.
- Eye Color: Green
- Makeup: N/A
- Clothing: A simple yet sturdy green tunic, when he actually decides to wear a shirt which is not often, with dark green pants. A brown cloak generally wrapped around his waist so that it flutters behind his legs in what he believes to be a suitably dramatic matter. His short sword sits in its sheath on his back with the hilt peeking over his right shoulder.
- Jewelry:A ring on his right hand with a sapphire gem.
* Race: High Elf
* Physical Abilities/Limitations: Andel is an elf and gets all the racial benefits associated with that. These include: The ability to see normally in low light (like torchlight or moonlight), immunity to magical sleep effects, a higher resistance to enchantment than other races, instead of sleeping an elf can go into a trance for half the time a normal human would and gain the same benefits, and lastly elves have a heightened sight and hearing. Beyond this Andel is just a relatively in shape elf thanks to his travelling.
Andel himself is thin and elegant like most elves and his skin bears a tan that speaks to his long travels in the sun. He has a few scars from either bandits or animals on his body but most are small enough that it would take a second look to notice. He has some muscle to his body, thanks to constant walking and practicing with his sword to keep his skill in top shape, but his reliance on magic means that he never really goes beyond "pretty fit".
Personality; Andel exudes an aura of confidence around himself. He firmly believes that he can outwit or conquer any given target if the need arises. He treats other people he meets with the respect he feels they are due. The only thing that surpasses his confidence in level is his curiosity. Andel has made it his goal to see the world and discover everything it has to offer him.
Andel is usually quick to make friends as a result of his good nature and openness. He likes to have wide array of companions so that he always knows someone no matter where his journey takes him. Andel, when it comes to women, is rarely straight forward with the women he likes. Part of this stems from his wanderlust and knowing that, eventually, he will leave and the other part is from his desire to find someone he sees as his equal.
Andel was born to a ranger and a tailor. His father was a very skilled artisan whose clothes and other wares were considered exquisite. His mother was a master of the sword and a protector of their town. From a young age Andel was found to be a rather curios child who exhibited signs of arcane power. A burnt toy here and mysteriously moved object there and eventually, when he was older, his arcane talents came under his control. It took him the better part of three years to gain control over the basic cantrips that most wizards can master in a single month but once he grasped the basics he quickly expanded his knowledge.
His mother, worried that her son would do something stupid with his newfound power, proceeded to train him with the sword. This swordsmanship served a purpose beyond self-defense; It taught Andel to focus and to control himself under pressure. Though her style of fighting relied on using two weapons to great effect Andel was only able to handle a single sword which he attempted to combine with his potent magics to create his own blend of arms and arcana. He developed a very deep bond with his mother as the trained and he still maintains contact with her by sending letters as often as he can manage.
His wanderlust manifested early in his life. His father always said he had a tendency to roam the town and sometimes just leave to go explore the nearby land. It was during one of his numerous explorations that he ran into his pet and familiar Soar, a hawk. The family debated for weeks and months over allowing Andel to go off on his journey however once he was old enough to be considered an adult by elven standards he left his home.
His parents supported his journey now that he was of age to decide for himself. He set off from home with a Bag of Holding, some money, and a ring from his mother. The ring, which has a beautiful sapphire gem, is enchanted to grant the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language. His mother, father, and sister saw him off at the city gates as he wrapped his cloak around his waist and set off on the journey that has consumed twenty years of his life.
With those items and the sword he had trained with he set off. He spent little time in the lands of the high elves for he wanted to meet peoples different from his own. He eventually made it to the forest where some of the Wood Elves lived. He lived among the forest dwelling elves for a few years. From them he learned how to hunt and live off the land among other things. The most fascinating thing about these elves, in his mind, was their connection to nature that was so similar yet different to Andel's own connection to the arcane.
He proceeded to the human lands once his urge to travel rekindled. There he found many minds as inquisitive as his own. He learned a great deal about his sorcery in his time among the human people. In humans he also found what he believed to be a race that survived based on perseverance alone. For this reason he respects mankind more than other races besides his own kin. In the few years since he left the humans he has tried to live with the same zeal for life that the humans possess.
His current goal is to find even greater sorcerers, perhaps even a dragon, who would be able to teach him more of the arcane arts.
* Class: Wanderer and a Sorcerer, his social class greatly depends on where he happens to have wandered to.
* Religion: He, like many elves, believes in Corellion Larethian though he is certainly not a devout follower.
* Place of Birth: The High Elven city of Dawn's Light.
Inventory; A Bag of Holding filled with miscellaneous magical materials for spells he may cast as well as all the necessities (food, water, clothes, etc.). His ring is his only magic item besides his Bag of Holding and it allows him to understand and speak any language so long as he is wearing it (I based this effect off the D&D spell Tongues).
* Weapons: A non-magical but well-made short sword. A few daggers are in his Bag of Holding.
* Misc; He actually does have some very nice silk clothes made by his father but he has yet to have an occasion that called for such a nice wardrobe.
Magic: (I used the 3.5e version of D&D for the spells and treated Andel as a 9th level Sorcerer mainly because I figure his travels have given his enough experience to warrant it but if you think I should scale his casting back then I will)
0(8) - Dancing Lights, Light, Ghost Sound, Touch of Fatigue, Mending, Message, Open/Close, Arcane Mark
1(5) - Magic Missile, Shield, Feather Fall, Disguise Self, Sleep
2(4) - Scorching Ray, Bearís Endurance, Bull's Strength, Arcane Lock
3(3) - Fireball, Haste, Fly
4(2) - Greater Invisibility, Dimension Door