You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 12:08:56 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Unconquered Sun is calling you.  (Read 4990 times)

Offline Riveda

Re: The Unconquered Sun is calling you.
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2012, 05:04:58 AM »
I've never actually gotten to play a game so I'm a bit worried that diving into an AU sort of situation would be confusing
I can see how that might be a problem, but I think we can work with it. (Assuming that enough people like Gunstar to form a critical mass for a game, anyway. If not, AU won't be an issue. :) )

(and of course you guys might not want to have to hand-hold a newbie through this.)
I'm always happy to help a new player. There are a lot of things the rules don't tell you—it's one thing to make a character, another thing to make a character that will be fun to play and can kick ass in a satisfying manner.

Offline Meliai

« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2012, 06:25:35 AM »
I'm always happy to help a new player. There are a lot of things the rules don't tell you—it's one thing to make a character, another thing to make a character that will be fun to play and can kick ass in a satisfying manner.

Yeah, that's the trick! Most of my pen and paper experience has been with stuff more along the lines of D&D and Pathfinder. Exalted offers so many fun new ways to potentially screw myself over before the game even starts that it's kind of intimidating. I managed to cobble together this character by myself without too many problems but since the game never started she never got her trial by fire. (((Also on exhibit: my borderline OCD character sheet formatting.)))

Offline avorae

« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2012, 07:01:28 AM »
Alright got a copy of Shards of Exalted dreams and looked it over. I haven't read the entire thing yet but it has peaked my interest and would love to play a game in it.

Offline Malixe

« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2012, 11:41:18 AM »
Whoa whoa wa~it. I wanted to post sooner, but I~ would be interested in playing an Exalted game :3. Yes. Indeed.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2012, 02:56:24 AM »
Oh, Meliai, that character is very well done.  I like her.  :) 

Offline ShadowFox89

« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2012, 03:01:09 AM »
Yeah, that's the trick! Most of my pen and paper experience has been with stuff more along the lines of D&D and Pathfinder. Exalted offers so many fun new ways to potentially screw myself over before the game even starts that it's kind of intimidating. I managed to cobble together this character by myself without too many problems but since the game never started she never got her trial by fire. (((Also on exhibit: my borderline OCD character sheet formatting.)))

Oooh, I almost forgot that game.... Damn, choices choices >.>

Offline Riveda

« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2012, 05:02:26 AM »
I have opened a new thread for the proposed Gunstar game. Anyone interested, please post there according to the instructions.