You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
 
December 08, 2016, 02:04:01 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Return to Miller's Hollow [Villagers Win!]  (Read 8475 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Xandi

  • Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: In Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2012, 08:00:34 AM »
Upon hearing the screams Xandi woke in Mr. B's arms. They had kept each other safe throughout the night, but that blood curdling scream could only mean one thing, someone else had not been so lucky. Xandi stirred, kissing Mr. B's cheek, "Something has happened. Did you hear that?" As she got out of bed and stumbled to the door she could see some of the people standing around something. Her heart almost stopped as she saw it was Torch or what was left of her. It was true, beast had done this, it was the only explanation to the devastation that poor Torch had suffered.

Xandi could hear the other accusing each other and thought about what a mistake it had been to jump to conclusions with Starlequin. She thought for a moment and then said, "Who found the body?" It was still early and after the long day of yesterday she thought it odd that anyone would be up and about at such an early hour. After a few minutes someone said, 'Sarena', and Xandi looked to her and asked, "What are you doing up and about at such an early hour Sarena?"

Xandi couldn't bear to look at Torch's lifeless body. The thought of such a wonderful woman being decimated in such a way made her feel quite sick. If this could happen to poor Torch, she could be next or maybe Mr. B. Anyone could be next and that thought along with the events that had already taken place in this villiage had her shaking.

Offline SaffronTopic starter

  • ღ Your Designer Drug ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Game Manager
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2008
  • Location: ღ I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy twice. ღ
  • Gender: Female
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2012, 08:08:49 AM »
Reminder!
All villagers arrive in the centre of town at the same time each morning, or choose to come in late when their make their response. When they post is relevant to when they were online and available, not their role in the game.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:24:41 AM by Saffron »

Offline That Girl Analise

Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2012, 09:00:39 AM »
"Me?" she said, looking to Sparkle. Her voice had croaked out in a squeek, terrified at even the thought of committing such an act. She knew -much like her first vote -it was likely a shot in the dark, but even still... "No, no. I can't have possibly. Anyone who knows me can vouch that I have not the fingernails to make such gouge marks" she displayed her hands "Any good chef keeps them as clean and as trim as possible," she paused, looking to the group. She looked to Mayerling You were quick to accuse the innocent yesterday, weren't you?"

Edit: just added the word yesterday in there

Edit2: Forgot that Star was lynched, was looking at past posts rather than current settings. oops.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:15:14 AM by That Girl Analise »

Offline Mr Bigglesworth

Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2012, 09:04:44 AM »
Mr. B had been in a deep sleep, having a nightmare of sorts when he felt Xandi's sof kiss and opened his groggy eyes - only to realize it was no nightmare, it was far worse - it was real!  "Yes, I did I ... I thought it was a bad dream".  He climbed out of bed, and followed her to the door, and  upon seeing the morbid scene he just blurted out "Oh no, not Torch!"  His worst fears were now true - there really were werewolves among them.  He had trusted her, he had even voted for her to be Sherif.

"Yes, Serena was first on the scene, but I think I've seen her out early before - I think she just enjoys sunrises.  ThatRPGuy - he always seemed kinda suspicions.  Wasn't he here when we arrived?  He didn't seem too happy with our arrival, maybe he is trying to chase us out of his "private little sanctuary"?

He held Xandi tight, now more afraid than ever that he might lose her to these vile beasts.

Offline SaffronTopic starter

  • ღ Your Designer Drug ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Game Manager
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2008
  • Location: ღ I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy twice. ღ
  • Gender: Female
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2012, 09:06:58 AM »
Starlequin was lynched on Day 2 and was a peasant.

Voting for the person who posted first simply for that reason is not acceptable. Reason or vote should change if this is why you voted. I will not be counting them.

This is not a modern world. It is a world very much like you might have found in the days of the witch burnings. You as a group live in a small abandoned village with forest surrounding you. There is no grocery store. There are no vehicles. No electricity. Etc.

Please don't make me put on my GM hat. When the GM has to get involved, bad things happen to everyone. >:) I don't want to mess with the game play by having to post reminders like this, I want you all to have fun. Don't make me start twisting the game! :-*
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:08:24 AM by Saffron »

Offline That Girl Analise

Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2012, 09:11:58 AM »
Starlequin was lynched on Day 2 and was a peasant.

Voting for the person who posted first simply for that reason is not acceptable. Reason or vote should change if this is why you voted. I will not be counting them.

This is not a modern world. It is a world very much like you might have found in the days of the witch burnings. You as a group live in a small abandoned village with forest surrounding you. There is no grocery store. There are no vehicles. No electricity. Etc.

Please don't make me put on my GM hat. When the GM has to get involved, bad things happen to everyone. >:) I don't want to mess with the game play by having to post reminders like this, I want you all to have fun. Don't make me start twisting the game! :-*

((I just re-read that, changing now))

Offline James Moriarty

Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2012, 10:51:11 AM »
James had spent the entire day after Starlequin's lynching in his cabin, pale and unbelieving.  The townsfolk were all caught up in something, and for a long time, he had convinced himself that it was merely the hysteria that too much time in a small group, hunting for a home would eventually bring.  And that he had cast his vote for an innocent...  There was nothing in his dusty books that would help him soothe his conscience on that account.

But when he saw Torch, a chill had gone through him.  Could he have been completely wrong all along?  Could there be animals among them in human guise?  The thought was terrifying.

Watching who took sides with whom, he shook his head knowingly and stepped forward.  "It does seem as though Lord Mayerling was right about something, even though he couldn't know the human form of his attacker!  I think that if it was not Starlequin, after all, then it must have been Ryven!  Your clawing days are over, sir, and in ferreting you out we will make sure that Starlequin's death was not in vain!"

Looking down and shuddering, he added softly, "And nor was Torch's, rest her soul."

Offline Xandi

  • Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: In Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2012, 11:55:35 AM »
I didn't know that Sarena liked the sunrise. I'm sorry for accusing her. Please forgive me Sarena. I am just so upset by these events I am not thinking clearly. I will try and think things through more clearly and vote based on something more substantial.

Xandi withdrew and decided to spend the day praying about what to do.

Offline ThatRPGuy

Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2012, 12:04:43 PM »
"How dare you, Bigglesworth?" Guy snapped as exited his cabin run down home. "You lot come and invade my home, muder one another in my streets, and now attempt to kill me despite my hospitality? I will not stand for this! You brought this curse in with you, men such as you and Ryven!" He glared around the town at the quickly shrinking population, softening slightly as he did. Everyone looked as scared as he was...

Offline Mithlomwen

  • ~ E's resident kilt inspector ~ ~ Atropos ~
  • Goddess
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2008
  • Location: Somewhere between the dark and the light...
  • Gender: Female
  • ~ Thunder only happens when it's raining.... ~
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2012, 12:30:05 PM »
Mith listened to the growing hostility spreading among the villagers, a feeling of panic spreading through her.  If they were fighting among themselves, they would be easier targets for the wolves. 

"Please everyone.....calm down..."  She implored everyone, her eyes returning to look at Torch's lifeless body.  "We need to be strong in the face of the enemy.  If we are quarreling amongst ourselves, we stand divided.  A unified front might be more help to us." 

After listening to all of the accusations, her mind whirled, wondering who the culprit might be. 

"I believe Ryven is telling the truth.  He voted for Torch in the beginning.  I find it hard to believe that he would suddenly decide to attack her."  Mith thought for a few moments more, trying to piece together the facts that they currently knew.  "It is difficult to believe that these horrific acts were done by one of us."  Glancing around the group, her eyes landed on Sarena.  "I hate to point fingers, but accusing someone of killing a friend seems suspicious to me....." 

She wrung her hands together in worry, wondering how more innocent lives would be lost before the culprit was found.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:35:54 PM by Mithlomwen »

Offline Valerian

Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2012, 12:37:56 PM »
Val glanced over at James Moriarty doubtfully.  She was still shocked over the tragic deaths of Starlequin and Torch, but she knew they had to try and stay calm and logical.  "Since Lord Mayerling has been proven wrong about two of his three guesses, I can't imagine why you think his third any more likely to be correct," she pointed out dryly.  "I mean no offense.  You may be right about Ryven -- we know very little, after all -- though I'm not prepared to trust to that logic.  But perhaps those of us who suspected Mr Bigglesworth yesterday had the right idea."

Offline SunshineSparkle

Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2012, 02:13:48 PM »
After hearing Analise's explanation,Sunshine took a few moments going through what had already been said.So many wrong accusations had been thrown,they can't afford to lose another innocent again
She moved toward the other person who she had suspected
"I have a feeling that you are holding back something,Ryven"

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2012, 02:23:44 PM »
"I care not about your accusations against me.  If you are all willing to take someone's life based only on a feeling then I don't know if I want to share this small village with you all.  You say you're concerned about the well being of us all.  Psh..."  He scoffed at SunshineSparkle.  "At least if I die, I will be with my dear friend.  May god rest her soul," he said before kneeling at her body.

He removed his coat and laid it atop Torch's mangled form to obscure the gruesome sight of her barbarically murdered state.  Ryven sought a shovel from the side of his small cottage, the warmth inside a harsh reminder that he had been safe in a warm bed while his dear friend had been murdered outside.  He walked to a remote area just beyond the treeline though still within view of the rest of his fellow townspeople and accusers, and there he began to dig the grave which he would lay Torch's body in.

Offline SaffronTopic starter

  • ღ Your Designer Drug ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Game Manager
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2008
  • Location: ღ I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy twice. ღ
  • Gender: Female
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2012, 03:41:03 PM »
Votes
Ryven (4)
Mr Bigglesworth (2)
Lord Mayerling (1)
Sarena (1)
ThatRPGuy (1)

Yet To Vote:
Falanor, James Moriarty, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Valerian, Xandi
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 05:33:58 PM by Saffron »

Offline SaffronTopic starter

  • ღ Your Designer Drug ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Game Manager
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2008
  • Location: ღ I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy twice. ღ
  • Gender: Female
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2012, 04:16:46 PM »
Event Activated - Seance
Player chosen by Saffron's dice, Sarena.

With everyone pointing fingers almost blindly, the village decides to organize a seance. The chosen player is permitted to ask one question to the player first devoured by werewolves, who are able to be informed about the truth. Sarena is allowed to choose one question to ask from the following:
Has the Seer discovered at least one Werewolf?
Is one of the Werewolves the Sheriff?
Is the player that I indicate a Simple Peasant?
Am I a Werewolf?
The departed will respond with yes or no.
 
Torch may now post in the game thread again for the purpose of this event.

(Edited to change Simple Villager to Simple Peasant, as it was the incorrect terminology.)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 04:57:56 PM by Saffron »

Offline ThatRPGuy

Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2012, 04:47:19 PM »
((Not that I'm complaining, but in the interest of playing fair, there's a vote on me, Saff))

Offline SaffronTopic starter

  • ღ Your Designer Drug ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Game Manager
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2008
  • Location: ღ I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy twice. ღ
  • Gender: Female
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2012, 04:51:05 PM »
For clarification purposes, yes the answer given is true. Keep in mind there are more roles that are not peasants than there are peasants currently. If the question chosen is the indicated player, an answer of no does not indicate which side they are playing for.

Yes, many of the events are designed to benefit one side or the other. The events will even out as more of them occur.

((I never miss them for too long anyway, but I'll fix that now. :P Thanks. Sorry guys.))

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2012, 05:33:03 PM »
After having dug the grave where he would lay Torch, his dearly departed friend, he walked back up to the group of people gathered.  He stared mournfully upon the woman's body covered by his coat.

"I believe my initial vote was born out of sorrow and anger, and for that reason I must change it.  I believe Sarena to be innocent.  However, Mr. Bigglesworth, I am not so sure of," he said, and with that, he took Torch's body in his arms and began to carry her to her final resting place.

Offline Remiel

Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2012, 05:47:34 PM »
Remiel curled his lip in annoyance when Ryven seized a shovel and began to dig a grave for Torch.  Grave digging was his job, dammit.  Oh, well.  There would be quite a lot of graves dug before this was all over, Remiel thought, so might as well let Ryven have this one.

Leaning against the wall of a termite-eaten old shack,  he crossed his arms and watched a murder of crows descend upon the village cemetery and huddle there, hopping from gravestone to gravestone as they screamed at and conspired with each other. 

"So it begins," he muttered, mostly to himself.  "Personally, I suspect James Moriarty, simply by reason of being too bloody clever by half.  But I'll hold off making accusations until the Seance is done."    Remiel didn't expect to glean any kind of useful information from it, but then, you never knew.  The spirits were capricious, after all.

Offline Sarena

Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2012, 05:57:38 PM »
Sarena watched as Ryven recanted his accusations against her, part of her breathing a sigh of relief...another part touched by the display of grief and care over his friend.  She had a hard time believing that a man could be so completely grief stricken over the loss of a friend he had killed just hours before.  "I am afraid I may have spoken in haste as well, my own accusations born out of fear and paranoia.  Before the seance...I must make that right and retract my accusations against Ryven."

Without casting another vote just yet, she went to the dead center of town and looked around, "If this seance is to work, I believe we're all supposed to gather in a circle and hold hands."

It only took a few minutes, and there was a feeling of distrust and fear and anger that seemed to permeate the air around the group as they all took hands.  She closed her eyes and took a slow deep breath, "I wish to ask a question of the recently departed.  Torch, will you answer me one question..." her hands trembled, "Is Xandi a Simple Peasant?"



Offline SaffronTopic starter

  • ღ Your Designer Drug ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Game Manager
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2008
  • Location: ღ I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy twice. ღ
  • Gender: Female
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2012, 10:29:15 PM »
Game Moderator Interference - Event - Sleeping Spell
The villagers awake on the ground in the centre of town, finding night just beginning to fall. What had happened to the afternoon? It seemed the seance must have gone awry. Still in their circle formation, they sat up one by one and came back to the world, feeling exhausted as though they had spent the entire day running from something. Despite the fact that they'd all just taken a 'nap', there would be no problems sleeping tonight.

Whatever they had called forth, whether it was Torch or some other being, it appeared to have had a purpose. Xandi was missing. It was almost as if she had evaporated into thin air. If not for the note scrawled in the sand, she really would have vanished without a trace. ALPHA it stated, claiming the true identity of the missing woman. Where she had gone was a mystery they could spend forever trying to solve, but it was apparent that the good spirits were watching over the villagers this day.

Exhausted and confused, but glad to know that they were all a little safer tonight, the villagers decided to let the lynch vote go for the day and get some sleep instead.




Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Kyrsa
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mcsc
  • Mithlomwen
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles
  • Peasants x7-8
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Halfbreed
  • Werewolves x2-3

Night Falls
The Werewolves will get their PM shortly.
Nighttime roles can PM me their choices.

Offline SaffronTopic starter

  • ღ Your Designer Drug ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Game Manager
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2008
  • Location: ღ I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy twice. ღ
  • Gender: Female
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Day 3]
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2012, 10:32:24 PM »
Nighttime Event - Backfire
Tonight, if the Werewolves choose a Peasant to eat, they are not eliminated, but instead transform into a Werewolf.
Otherwise, the victim survives and one of the Werewolves is removed at Torch's discretion.

(I've chosen Torch to make up for her role in the Seance. Sarena will also get a second opportunity for an event soon should she remain a player.)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:33:28 PM by Saffron »

Offline Mr Bigglesworth

Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Night 3]
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2012, 06:28:17 AM »
Mr. Bigglesworth staggered back to his cabin in a state of shock.  Xandi was gone; that she was an Alpha didn't matter to him right now.  Anger swelled in him at Serena for what had happened, though he knew it wasn't her fault in any way; how he had hoped that Xandi would have been proven innocent.

He paced back and forth for a while, then out the door, he headed for Xandi's now abandoned cottage.  He lit the candles she had used to pray for Torch earlier, and prayed for her soul.  Yes, the village was safer - but right now all he knew is that the woman he had fallen in love with was gone, he would never see her or hold her ever again.

Perhaps the rest of the villagers would sleep tonight, it was doubtful that Mr. B. would.

Offline Sasha

Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Night 3]
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2012, 08:18:22 PM »

Sasha headed back to her cabin ....the day had been another that had brought about some wonders . She was still trying to get the image of Torch's mangled body out of her mind . Simply barbaric ..as she shuddered to think what the next day might bring . Least Ryven had seen to burying the woman .

Still exactly trying to figure out what the seance was all about . The question asked ....well then ...she didn't seem to know what exactly happened . Waking up laying in the dirt road ....ugggh. Her poor hat smashed ...not like the bathing arrangements in this little forgotten place was without a bit of doing on her part . She would head back ...soak in a tub till her toes wrinkled up . Soak and try to figure out what an Alpha was ....had the lovely young lady been one . What did that make Mr Bigglesworth ....her unexpected meal one day . Shivering ....or worse was he one of them ...about to be made one of them .

Should she feel sorry for the poor lad ...just the other day she had tossed his name into the hat . Thinking that he was leading the poor Xandi astray . Well what a shitty judge of character that all turned out to be . Indeed a long soak in the tub with a bottle of that whiskey .

Offline SunshineSparkle

Re: Return to Miller's Hollow [Game Thread - Night 3]
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2012, 01:29:28 PM »
Streets were nearly desert as one by one the villagers returned to their cabins,she rushed towards her door,closing it cautiously.Her thoughts were still clouded by the macabre image of Torch's mutilated body,she prayed silently for this nightmare to end and that no other innocent was again sacrificed

The upcoming seance brought questions about what might happen in the next hours,Xandi being an Alpha surprised her as much as her sudden disappearance did.Did that mean that Xandi decided who lived and who dies,was she Torch's killer? Nothing made sense right now,the saying says appearances are deceptive ... Exhaustion took away all her concerns,all what she wanted now was sleep