You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 06:26:24 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Santorum calls his followers idiots.  (Read 462 times)

Offline SabbyTopic starter

Santorum calls his followers idiots.
« on: September 16, 2012, 06:21:21 AM »
And I, for once, agree with him on something.

WASHINGTON, DC Former presidential candidate Rick Santorum attacked the media and "smart people" for not being on the side of conservatives in a speech to the Values Voter Summit on Saturday.
"We will never have the media on our side, ever, in this country," Santorum, a former Pennsylvania senator, told the audience at the Omni Shoreham hotel. "We will never have the elite, smart people on our side."
The media "doesn't like the other side," Santorum said. "And not necessarily, I would argue, because they agree with them, but because they can influence the country.
"If just a few people make decisions about what this world looks like, what this country looks like, then you have people sitting in offices at major media outlets and Hollywood who think they can deal with a small group of people, to get them to jump through the hoops they want you to," Santorum said.
Santorum also criticized the libertarian wing of the Republican party for not supporting what he sees as the pillars of conservatism: religion and family.
"When it comes to conservatism libertarian types can say, oh, well you know, we don't want to talk about social issues," Santorum said. "Without the church and the family, there is no conservative movement, there is no basic values of America."

The amount of palm-crushing-nose hypocrisy here is just astounding.

Online Callie Del Noire

Re: Santorum calls his followers idiots.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »
I think its another case of foot in mouth disease. He can say more than two sentences without insulting at LEAST one group of people.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 10:12:09 AM »
I think its another case of foot in mouth disease. He can say more than two sentences without insulting at LEAST one group of people.

I wonder how many people vetted that speech before he gave it.  They don't even listen to themselves much less the constituents and what they need and want from our government.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 10:40:59 AM »
Ah, the joys of the Internet era.  Neil Armstrong could make a logical contradiction as the first words on another astronomical body, nobody notices, and everyone cheers instead.  Rick Santorum tastes shoe-leather and it travels around the world in an eye-blink.

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 11:01:49 AM »
But he makes it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EAASSY

It's like.. 'Its like turning crabs on their backs... I shouldn't.. " but that demonic inner child makes you do it anyway. You might feel guilty later but you still think about it.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:06:50 AM »
Rick Santorum tastes shoe-leather and it travels around the world in an eye-blink.

By which I mean that I've already posted it to Facebook.  >:)

Offline Will

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 12:24:27 PM »
I'm almost positive he meant to say that they would never have the "intellectual elite" on their side, but somehow it came out "elite, smart people."  Pretty funny. XD

Offline SabbyTopic starter

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 06:41:34 AM »
I love it xD The only reason we're losing is the smartysmarts are all up in their stupid smart tower agreeing with each other!