Interest check: Yu-gi-oh Academy rp

Started by Silk, September 14, 2012, 08:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzmeister89

sorry guys but i'm pulling out of this one

Gensokian

Well, that's unfortunate, man. I hope that you may be able to change your mind in the future. In the meantime, though, take care. :/

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

ZameRagues

*shivers

I have no quarrel with the cards, I just don't want to go against them with my deck, mostly due to the graveyard effects
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Laughing Hyena

I swear making a deck for me is like pulling teeth.

Gensokian

Well, if you'd like some help, Hyena, I've done this sort of thing before. We can work on a deck that fits a theme for you, and make sure it's decent enough.

Laughing Hyena

Latooni Subota

I don't suppose we could use some of the translated HERO cards from the manga, can we? I was kinda feeling like trying out a deck centered around the Masked HERO cards, but they're pretty lackluster without the manga cards. :x
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Gensokian

I honestly wouldn't see a problem with this, seeing as this is going to be kinda like the anime, or so I'm gathering. I'd be all for it.

Thorn14

I admit I'm curious. What will the RP contain? I'm still pretty rusty from YGO but I wanted to try Inzektors maybe .  :-)

Gensokian

Oh, jeez, not the Inzektors. Well, they're nerfed, so I guess...except we aren't using Xyz, and they're supposed to be Xyz-generators, so probably not a good idea.

But, anyway, this is an Academy setting, so it's like GX in a sense; going to school about playing Duel Monsters. There'll be different classes, different factions, different gangs, bullies, teachers, students...it's basically where you interact as if you were in a school. Stuff like that, or so I'm told.

Thorn14

I just like the theme of them. Closest I can get to Kamen Rider until Masked Heroes is a reality.  ;D

Latooni Subota

Why do you think i asked for permission to make a HERO deck using the Masked HERO cards? :P

I clearly won't have any tuner synchro summons early on since none exist (to my knowledge), but I figure I can grow into that. Maybe find a fair homebrew'd one at some point later on in the RP?

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Gensokian

That all depends on how your character develops, and what Silk thinks. I'm sure it can happen, though, just like I'm sure the manga Masked HEROs will be allowed. I know I don't see a problem with them.

Rex Pacis

I too would be quite interested in this........pending I'm allowed to keep my theme cause I would want to use a hero deck I recently built...first one I ever built...still in the beta phase. Mine is fusion so the synchros and XYZs don't affect me much. Though I will say I don't think XYZs are that complicated. Tribute from the field the monsters/type of monsters listed then those monsters become your XYZ materials if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway was not sure if we could double up on themes...since Latooni would want to run masked heroes. I would have a hero deck too not sure if that is a problem. My deck isn't centered around the masked heroes but I do have them in there....though I could try and build that Exodia deck I've had in the back of my head if that is preferred.

"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Gensokian

Well, I don't really know about that. I mean, it'd be officially up to Silk, but I don't really see a problem with having two variations of HEROs floating around.

Silk

Not too farmilliar with the masked heroes, but same rule applies with homebrew cards, as long as the group is ok with them, I don't have much complaint. But I would prefer if the people using the custom stuff had a secondary legitamate deck, just so if someone did take issue with the unofficial cards, theres a back up alternative without a lot of aggro involved :)

Latooni Subota

If you're going something other than Masked HEROs in your deck, I don't see a problem. After all, in order to actually USE the Masked HEROs you sort-of have to build a deck around them, since you can't use normal fusion means to get them :x

Gensokian

I think that, if we get one more character sheet, I'll post up Malchovitch's, and then that should be enough to make a main recruitment thread, then start the whole shin-dig off. Soooo, yeah, hurry up people who haven't made character sheets yet. >:/

Rex Pacis

Yea like I said its still beta trying to see how things play out. I'm liking it so far but there are many adjustments to be made for sure at least here I can put all the cards I want in it so thats cool. I don't use Goka cause without those manga cards I hear they are all pretty lackluster but that Absolute Zero/Acid combo is too beast I usually hold one mask change just for that and I'm liking Vapor's effect though I need to get Tempest in there too who I don't have. Dian is meh too right now though if he gets to stay on the field for a bit he is a huge help. You guys are probably gonna laugh when you see the list....total noob lol. Kinda gave me the idea for my character and his opening lol.

Just one question....are we gonna be able to see our opponent's hand with this dice roll business? I can see how that is fair but kinda sucks too cause then we know what to destroy, take, or block if we get the chance. Kinda takes the mystery out of the game there will be no Yugi magic marker moments like me and my friends call it when he totally ass rapes your field and monsters with Kuriboh and ****

Though I guess you definitely would have to play your cards better.

I'll try have the sheet up soon....gotta look through my deck too. I am very excite.....xD

We should have a heart of the cards roll....lol.
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Gensokian

I'm not too sure about that; I have a feeling it won't be that way, unless you want to keep checking your opponent's rolls. The way I see it, is that you make your rolls, and you don't tell your opponent, but if your opponent, for some reason, suspects you of forging your rolls, you can show them to prove your innocence. Seems like the logical step to me.

Silk

No because your sending the dice roll to me through the user id#4615 so your number is sent directly to me as well as the person who made the roll.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Latooni Subota on September 23, 2012, 11:51:31 AM
If you're going something other than Masked HEROs in your deck, I don't see a problem. After all, in order to actually USE the Masked HEROs you sort-of have to build a deck around them, since you can't use normal fusion means to get them :x

Why not do a Gem Knight deck Latooni?

Laughing Hyena

Name: Madison Sage
Sex: Male
Sexual preference: Straight
Appearance/description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
History: Madison really is not special in regards to dueling and doesn't consider himself the best. He is a holding a deep appericiation for the opposite sex and whilst he often will be detered because he cannot speak it doesn't stop him from finding the loveliest cards in duel monsters for collecting them. Hes actually quite keen on them because he has an artistic eye as well as a secondary hobby and will usually hide those perversions through that hobby naturally. It doesnt help that hes already handicapped as is.

Truth be told he is trying out for the Academy because of the opportunity for adventure which is what his spirits love most about duel monsters. You can meet so many intriging people and witness amazing things. Half are from word of mouth, most are from reports and television. But regardless he want's to experience this magic first hand. He is a deep lover of magic and honestly believes in it completely because originally Madison was born mute and had to struggle with this handicap for most of his life. He still does as his voice has not returned to him. Still he holds on to perhaps finding a voice of his own.

Deck: The Book of Prophecy

1-2) Spellbook Tower of Prophecy
3-5) Spellbook of Alma
6-7) Spellbook of Life
8-9) Spellbook of Power
10-12) Spellbook of Wisdom
13-15) Spellbook of Secrets
16-17) Magical Dimension
18-19) Mystical Space Typhoon
20) Heavy Storm
21) Dark Hole
22) Monster Reborn
23-24) Spellbook Magician of Prophecy
25-27) Temperance of Prophecy
28-30) High Priestess of Prophecy
31-32) Justice of Prophecy
33-35) Magical Exemplar
36-37) Effect Veiler
38) Charioteer of Prophecy
39-40) Night's End Sorcerer

Side Deck
Breaker the Magical Warrior x2
Rapid-Fire Magician x3
Blast Magician x3
Charioteer of Prophecy x2
Strength of Prophecy x2
Spellbook of Power x1
Miracle Synchro Fusion x2

Extra Deck
T.G Wonder Magician x2
Tempest Magician x2
Explosive Magician x2
Arcanite Magician x2
Supreme Arcanite Magician x2

Deck: The Black Book

1-3) Injection Fairy Lily
4-6) Dark Elf
7-8) Blizzard Princess
9-10) Mystical Elf
11-13) Magician's Valkyria
14-15) Card Ejector
16-18) Magical Exemplar
19-20) GaGaGa Shield
21-23) Magician's Circle
24-25) Mirror Force
26-27) Bottomless Trap Hole
28) Call of the Haunted
29) Dark Hole
30-32) Magical Dimension
33-34) Secret Pass to the Treasures
35-36) Megamorph
37-38) Magicians Unite
39) Pot of Avarice
40) Monster Reborn

~Music~

(Romaji,Translation,Kanji)Yu-Gi-Oh! 10th Anniversary Movie Song-MakeMagic-Jealkb

Gensokian

Name: Malchovitch Pain
Sex: Male
Sexual Preference: Would be straight, if he had time.
Appearance/Description:
(minus the swords and such; just going for the look)
History: At a very young age, Malchovitch was a bit of a troubled child. He hardly ever cried, but he also never really made too much noise. Anyone who came to see him would swear that he would stare at them, and they would feel his young mind pierce their souls, and no one felt comfortable around him. This persisted as he grew older, though a strange, knowing smile always was upon his face. The only time he would be "normal" around others would be when he was playing Duel Monsters, but even then, that didn't last long when he started researching the origins, back to the ancient Egyptian days, when it was said that the monsters were real.

It was then that he knew his calling; he was supposed to make his own monsters. How did he know? The demon inside him told him so. After he figured this out, when he dueled people alone, they started showing up at the hospital with blank eyes, low pulses, and low brain patterns. It was as if they were in a comatose state. Malchovitch didn't care, though, and when questioned one day, he let the police know that he had nothing to do with it; they needed to ask the Scarlet Master, but he wasn't around. Besides...he succeeded in his goal.

However, he knew that his current success was not enough; if he were to achieve the ultimate prize, he'd need more people. The best place he knew was the Academy...it would be his new hunting grounds.

Deck: The Scarlet Devil Mansion.
1. Scarlet Devil Mansion
2. Scarlet Devil Mansion
3. Scarlet Devil Mansion
4. SDM Fairy Maid
5. SDM Fairy Maid
6. SDM Gatekeeper, Hong Meiling
7. SDM Gatekeeper, Hong Meiling
8. SDM Gatekeeper Double
9. SDM Gatekeeper Double
10. SDM Gatekeeper Double
11. SDM Magician, Patchouli Knowledge
12. SDM Magician, Patchouli Knowledge
13. SDM Magician, Patchouli Knowledge
14. SDM Librarians
15. SDM Librarians
16. SDM Librarians
17. SDM Servant, Koakuma
18. SDM Servant, Koakuma
19. SDM Servant, Koakuma
20. SDM Head Maid, Sakuya Izayoi
21. SDM Head Maid, Sakuya Izayoi
22. SDM Head Maid, Sakuya Izayoi
23. SDM Mistress, Remilia Scarlet
24. Scarlet Bonds
25. Scarlet Bonds
26. Misdirection
27. Misdirection
28. No Slouching!
29. Starbow Break
30. Spear the Gungnir
31. Dark Hole
32. Monster Reborn
33. Mystical Space Typhoon
34. Mystical Space Typhoon
35. Pot of Avarice
36. Gate Security
37. Solemn Warning
38. Solemn Warning
39. Bottomless Trap Hole
40. Bottomless Trap Hole

Other possible cards
SDM Secret, Flandre Scarlet
Our Guest Forever
Cranberry Trap
And Then There Were None
Do Not Enter
Play Time

These cards may be placed in the main deck, depending on what deck he might know he'll face. Otherwise, it's the 40 cards listed in the main deck.