You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 07:48:19 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Books, books and more books!  (Read 5235 times)

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

Re: Books, books and more books!
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2013, 05:41:22 PM »
:: takes Murphy's Space Marines and replaces them with Sisters::

Offline Sasquatch421

« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2013, 07:05:06 PM »
I've gotten back into The Hallow's series by Kim Harrison... It take a little bit to get started, but they are good books and I love the covers. While I like the main character Rachel Morgan, I fell in love with Ivy the living vampire who becomes Rachel's business partner. Then there is the pixie Jenks... All his curses have to do with Tinkerbell and faeries...

Offline Caeli

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2013, 01:40:14 AM »
Mercedes Lackey - just about anything, but particularly the Valdemar books. I am not a huge fan of some of her earlier works, but all of her work is good.

I just wanted to chime in and say that I adore Mercedes Lackey's books. Which one I'll read at any given time will depend on my mood (if I'm looking for something more serious, I'll usually pick up her Bardic Tales titles; something more humorous, the 500 Kingdoms books; Valdemar & world titles if I'm looking for feel-good magic and happy endings and a bit of the exotic), but I really love all of her work.

Offline LilyRoseBlack23

« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2013, 01:47:32 PM »
One of my favourite authors will always be JRR Tokein, not only did he create an entire world, but entire languages from scratch, and his son did an excellent job finishing his father's works so they were able to be published.

Offline Cyclone Havoc

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2013, 03:22:57 PM »
House of scorpions is amazing book, and the author is finally writing a sequel to it.

Offline Monica

« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2013, 09:32:20 PM »
Wow, Nancy Farmer is writing a sequel? I read that book when it came out in 2002. Damn.

Offline Cyclone Havoc

« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2013, 02:08:06 PM »
Lol that's what I said when I found out.  It's called THE LORD OF OPIUM 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 03:35:01 PM by Cyclone Havoc »