The Venom Project (Zombie Apocalypse Interest)

Started by PoisonousKitty, September 04, 2012, 11:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoisonousKitty

The news had been spinning for weeks of the capture of one of the most illicit street gangs America had come to know within the last century on April 19th, 2013. It was known that the group had been trafficking not only a drug known as Venom, but also had been trafficking women and weapons right along with the drug. Many officers were lost along side the gang members, causing not only the United States, but other countries as well, to go into an utter shock. One of the few women officer's who was there many believed vanished off the face of the earth along with the men under her control, however unbenounced to them they had come across one of the many lab's which was controlled within the underground sewage tunnels of Atlanta, Georgia. The sewage tunnel of course was only the beginning, it was surprising that they'd used sewage tunnels as the entrance to the main labs, however at the same time the police weren't all to surprised. No, what surprised them was the factor of what they found within the sewage tunnels, what in the end caused them to vanish off the earth, that is, until three weeks later.

A young woman is found near the entrance to one of the sewage tunnels her memory foggy, most of her memories gone. The only thing that she really remembers is snarling, water dripping and the sounds of people around her speaking, though none of it had she understood. A small group of people introduce themselves as survivors of a viral outbreak due to a drug known as Venom, this seems to trigger a violent memory causing the woman to stumble away from the group and take off leaving the survivors in shock. As she wanders the streets alone the woman slowly begins to notice things aren't what they should be. What has become of the world she wonders, unknown to many the drug that the gang had been trafficking had been developed by some of the governments scientists as an experiment, however things got out of hand especially after the initial bust and the world as they knew it went to hell.

It has been around 2 months now since the world has fallen into chaos, yet it feels like it only just began. The small group of survivor's whom had found the young woman are now hauled up at a shopping mall, somewhere they never expected themselves to be within Atlanta, while outside the world has slowly gone into chaos. The young woman will soon be joining them as she wanders the streets, still unsure as to who she fully is, but remembers through haunting nightmare's bits and pieces to the puzzle. Right outside of Atlanta a small group of prisoner's are trying to make it through the prison, some of them being a part of the old gang, one who heavily remembers the young woman and her past. Where do you lie within this puzzle and chaos? Where will you find your alliances? Come find out in The Venom Project.

Characters:

Young Woman: Reikon "Gemini" Anderson (Played By Poisonouskitty)

Survivors:

Survivor 1: Aaron Mackenzie - 19 - S.W.A.T. Beginner - has slight fuzzy memory of initial sewer attack (Azzmeister89)
Survivor 2: Randolph "Ran" Carter - 17 - High School Nerd - Has Great tatical skills especially on malay weapons (TheHangedMan)
Survivor 3: Willow Cook - 19 - Recently out of High School - Good talker, Motivator, A little distant when you first meet her (Nekogirl Kate)
Survivor 4:

Can be more just giving an estimate for now :)

Prisoners:

Prisoner 1: Catherin 'Kit' Le'bre - 26 - Pit fighter, tough, independent(Cindred)
Prisoner 2: Masaru ‘Omega’ Koga - 30 - Independent, Murderer, Immigrant, Government Experiment(Drake Valentine)
Prisoner 3:

Gang Members (also locked in prison):

Gang Member 1 (has a history with Reikon):
Gang Member 2:
Gang Member 3:

application

Character Name:
Alliance: (gang member, prisoner, survivor)
Personality:
History:

TheHangedOne

Hmm, I'm interested. Will have to cook up a neat-o character for this one! Unlikely to be a hardboiled detective like last time, though. Probably a geek that's seen one too many horror movies.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

PoisonousKitty

I look forward to it Hanged :)

Character Name: Reikon "Gemini" Anderson
Alliance: Technical Survivor, however she was also an experiment.
Personality: Reikon's personality really is a mess, to say the least. She is known as a silent observer most of the time, however when speaking she does have intelligent conversations, much older it appears than her age. On many occasions she is known to be sweet, calm, collective and obviously very independent, however underneath all that lies the horror's of the things she had to deal with while in the underground labs, things that have been pushed far into the back of her memory, things she sadly cannot at this time remember. She is a monster unbenounced to anyone, but one of the gang members. He knows of the experiments that were done on the young woman, things that make her into a fighting and killing machine. When the project they used on her is activated she is a cold hearted killer, with barely any emotion, minutely reduced to a sociopath.
History: Though she really doesn't remember much this young woman was brought to the labs three years ago by a man she thought she could trust, but lets start from the beginning shall we? When Rei was born she was a happy bouncing baby girl, thought to be one of the most well manored children in one of the worst areas of Atlanta. Growing up in a lower end community and home, Rei learned how to fend for herself, however it never really seemed to bother her. Though her father was an abusive alcoholic and her mother was a space cadet to say the least the child known as Reikon Anderson never really seemed to notice or care how her parents were towards her, for in her mind they loved her.

When she turned sixteen years of age she met a man, someone who she felt she could connect with, someone who felt like they too belonged in her singular world. Being quite the social, yet anti-social child that she was Reikon was happy to have someone come join her bubble. The man after a while however began to notice things about the family that Rei seemed to easily over look, or thought she had. One day when the man had come over to see Rei he walked in on an image he probably wished he could erase. Reikon's father was raping his daughter in a drunken rage, calling out his wife's name. It was despicable, but what was even worse was the lost, darkened light that seemed to radiate out of Rei's eyes something that just stopped him dead in his tracks. Once the man finished and threw his daughter against the floor only a few moments later Rei allowed a deep dark smile place itself upon her lips and she turned like a hungry animal towards her father and attacked him. She busted the man up pretty well too, but then when she came to, or more it seemed, returned to normal, Rei didn't remember anything asking what had happened to her father and why was he bent in weird places writhing on the floor.

The man took Rei from the home, now being the age of eighteen the parents had no legal right to tell her she couldn't. He just simply walked her away from the home, shock and disgust clear in his eyes as he continued to ignore the girl's questions. From that day forward Rei was known by the nickname Gemini, for underneath that happy go lucky smile, was an absolute monster personality, something that obviously loved the pain and torture. As days past into month's he watched her when he was home, but while away he would record the different things Rei did throughout the day and how she would react to different situations. He finally became enthrawled with her so much that he brought her to the sewers and showed her the many projects that were being done. Showing her off like a lost puppy dog looking for a home, Rei began to realize the man may not be all she believed him to be and began to once more pull away almost into the state of Gemini would be prone to resurface, however it never happened or at least not for several years. The memories past that are a blur, she doesn't remember at least yet, what happened deep within those tunnels, nor does she truly remember some of this history yet, the only thing she can remember is that name Gemini and the voice in her mind calling out for Venom.

azzmeister89

sounds like a blast, i'm so in

Character Name: Aaron MacKenzie

Alliance: survivor

Personality: normaly quiet and in control of his emotions, he listens to all sides of any argument before making any choices and proceeds with caution, however if he has someone or something he wants to protect or believes in something strongly enough he can loose his temper with ease.

History: his father was a high ranking officer in the U.S Navy and thus sent Aaron and his six older brothers to every type of military cadet training possible, he is a tactical expert despite his young age. he joined the police force for training at age seventeen and was about to be accepted into S.W.A.T when a mission into the sewer systems came up, during the mission he was badly injured although his memory is fuzzy on the events that happened in the sewers.

sorry my character sheet is so small, i always find it hard to build large character sheets, its always more fun to learn about them in the story though ;) hopefully this character is to your liking.

PoisonousKitty

Amazing job Azz! Welcome to the game! I am looking forward to this XD

azzmeister89

TheHangedOne

Character Name: Randolph "Ran" Carter
Alliance: Survivor
Personality: A complex person with a many faceted personality. He is very difficult to describe, though his most common presentation is that of a stoic, pragmatic realist.
History: Randolph has never liked his own name, which is why he has always used a nickname, even since he was a little child; Ran, Rand, Randy, R.C... perhaps a dozen others, though he now typically uses Ran or R.C.

His father was an IT system administrator for a rather large Fortune 500, and his mother was a baker. Despite the fact that his father was fairly well off and well-connected, he was always a pragmatist who never spent money frivolously; his mother didn't even need to work, but did so out of passion and dedication.

Consequently, most people find it difficult to understand that Randolph "comes from money"; he attends a private high school, for sure, but that's about it. He doesn't dress up, act flashy, and hell, he even works at Dick's Sporting Goods in the local mall; not because he needs to, but because he wants to.

Being the son of a geek, it should be no surprise that Randolph is as well, and he can fondly recall playing video games with his father as a child, or watching cult classic films.  The net result is that Randolph is a certified geek, with a vast collection of movies and video games (and systems) numbering in the hundreds.

He is also a voracious reader. Unfortunately, having so many interests and hobbies has left him somewhat socially awkward, but he does try admirably.

He has always been a fan of the horror genre, and zombies in particular; so when the world started going to hell, he found all those fun games of "what if" suddenly mattering a lot more. Although the mall did seem like a tactical disadvantage, because of how large it was, and how the front doors could n either be barricaded easily nor would hold out a crowd, he knew, from working at the store, that the store truly did have everything he'd need to survive.

Still, he hopes to soon flee that coop with the stores entire stockpile of bottled waters, energy drinks, plenty of melee weapons (all the axes, hammers, and other tools), and the trail foods that have a shelf life of several years. Take it all, get a nice big truck, and find a way to get back to the modest home of his security-minded father, in its gated little community; the gates and walls of which offer a solid outer defense against the hordes.

But, how in the hell he is going to get clear across the city?
Check out my poet tree!

Nekogirl Kate

Character Name: Willow Cook

Alliance: Survivor

Personality: While not having conflict in her nature, she is willing to fight to survive. It takes a lot to gain her trust because she fears that anyone could be a threat.But once you get to know her, she is extremely friendly. There isn't anything she wouldn't do to help her survive, and can be cruel when it comes down to life or death situations.

History: Her family was quite large, being made up of seven people made it tough for her to have her privacy as a child. Her mother worked as an accountant, and her father was a semi-successful lawyer. Well, that is before the world went to hell. She's the runt of her family, having four older brothers made her childhood a nightmare for her. Her family wasn't exactly rich, but didn't have that many issues financially.

Throughout high school she was constantly being harassed by her brothers and other "less than nice" people. To most of the people she knew, she was a nobody. Having few friends and even less romantic interests in her life made her a bit desperate, but she learned that not everyone can be trusted. Every time she confided in someone, that information managed to spread around the school, this made it very hard for her to trust other people.

By the time she was out of high school, she had no Idea what to do with her life. Not ready to go into college or find a stable job, she ended up just bouncing from job to job all round the city. When she finally moved out of her home she found a cheap little apartment, It wasn't anything fancy, just a place for her to stay.

When the incident first happened, she tried to not stay outside for more than a few hours at a time. Her initial response was to find out if her family was alive. She stopped by the house she grew up in, and it was empty, no one inside and nothing saying where they went. Her supplies was shortly running out so she had to make daily scavenging trips. While she was out getting supplies she came back to her apartment being on fire. Having no home, or anything to take with her. She was all alone.

(Hope this is ok, really interested in this)

PoisonousKitty

Both Characters look amazing you guys :D the only question I have for you Neko is will she be a survivor who has not reached the mall yet or will she be a part of the group? I just want to know so I know where she will begin when we start the roleplay :)

Nekogirl Kate

I wasn't really sure which one to put, so I guess she could already be apart of it.

TheHangedOne

Speaking of the mall, I believe that it makes the most sense for them to stay up on the second floor, likely in Dick's Sporting Goods itself. They could have the front doors of the mall locked, the escalators and stairs blocked (maybe with furniture that could be pushed down them to knock over anything trying to get up said stairs/escalators), and when not wandering around the mall to find stuff to do, they could have the chain gate thingy of the store pulled down an secured, for extra protection.

Plus, all the tents and sleeping bags and air pillows and stuff could make for some pretty comfy bedding.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Nekogirl Kate

Well, I'm really looking forward to this. Can't wait until it's started up.

azzmeister89

PoisonousKitty

I believe that is a great idea Hanged :) It would make sense that they would choose one specific area to barricade themselves, more than likely in a store one of the survivors worked in aka Dick's Sporting Good's. I like the general idea for your right the store has a lot of survivor equipment and more space for people to venture around. As long as the other's agree with this I think that the store and the outline of how the mall will be sound's awesome. My character Rei will join you guys later when she makes her way through the city. Eventually I plan for them to leave the mall and head towards the prison or the prisoner's wondering about their families make it out of the prison and to the inner parts of the city where everyone meets up. I want to wait and figure what everyone wants to do before deciding though :)

Also if people know others interested in the apocalypse style roleplaying could they send them this way :) We need seven more people three simple prisoner's, three gang members who know about the venom project (one knowing a lot about Rei *points to her past*) and then of course one other survivor :) otherwise I may start opening up for second characters if people wish to play them :)

PoisonousKitty

Ok, so we are seeing a definite interest here. What im wondering now is are people wanting to play doubles or know anyone else who may be interested? I think we could get a good game going if we could get at least a few more characters or people involved :) let me know any ideas or things people would like to throw in :)

azzmeister89

we could always start this now and then keep positions open so we can add characters to the story as time goes on

PoisonousKitty

True cause we will be starting in the mall and around the city first anyways.

PoisonousKitty

It's going to take me a few hours to get this taken care of, but what I'm going to do is this. I am going to get two threads up for now. An OOC thread and a IC thread for the Mall. Seeing Rei will be joining the survivors a little while after this all begins I will have her wandering around Atlanta within said thread :) Later on as things go along we will have the Prison and Atlanta City itself added in as threads. The main thing I need to know now from my lovely rper's is where would you like this to be placed? Extreme, NC or BDSM Small Groups? As soon as I know that I can get to work on where we will put everything.

azzmeister89

Considering the zombies and the blood i would imagine it would be in the extream section

TheHangedOne

Quote from: azzmeister89 on September 08, 2012, 08:19:30 AM
Considering the zombies and the blood i would imagine it would be in the extream section
Agreed.
Check out my poet tree!

Cindred

Catherin 'Kit' Le'bre

Alliance: Prisoner

Personality: Rough on the edges and tough as nails. She takes no shit from anyone, but rarely gives anyone shit without a reason either. Has little regard for law and order and believes firmly in the survival of the fittest. She trusts no one, but can get in friendly terms with almost anyone she just chooses to keep them far enough. She can get extremely confrontational and has short, explosive temper.

History: She was always a troublesome child, getting into fights all the time. Her parents died when she was eight and since then she has moved from one orphanage to another, being moved due to the troubles she caused in each of them. By the age of 16 she had escaped and resorted to living on the streets, until she was able to afford herself a small studio flat, her income coming from shady, criminal activities.

Later in life she became a pit fighter and an event organizer in an underground betting arena called 'The Snake Pit' that arranged all kinds of illegal entertainment for the underworld of  Atlanta. She was caught in a raid performed in The Snake Pit six months ago. Since then she has been in the prison, refusing to join into any gang, not wanting to affiliate herself with any of them. Believing them to be for the weak and being unable to deal with authorities.
“When a fantasy turns you on, you're obligated to nature to start doing it - right away”

Drake Valentine

*Blinks*

I do have an inquiry, but not sure how to really go about in asking it.

Erm, basically I was wondering if you may allow somewhat experimental humans or something. >.> Maybe not too superhuman-ish in nature, but may have heightened senses or have at you.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

PoisonousKitty

Lol actually that is what Rei is she was a normal human who was experimented on by the scientists. If you like you could make the last survivor that or if you would be up for a gang member the man who know's Rei may have been experimented on as well. You are perfectly ok with making a semi supernatural human just to put it simply :)

As for the OOC and IC Mall situation I shall get that up as soon as I can within the next few hours hopefully :) Had to go donate plasma.

Drake Valentine

Okays. Drake is gonna go make a freaky charie freaky. ;3 *Shuffles to muse.*

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Drake Valentine

Character Name:
Masaru ‘Omega’ Koga
Alliance:
Prisoner (Himself)
Personality:
Before or after the experimentations inflicted on him?

Masaru wasn’t what one would considered a model citizen, one of the main reasons he immigrated away from Japan was from his growing crimes and the likelihood that he may be caught for them. He has a strong killer instinct about him and he gets his jollies off on slow sadistic torture and even cold blooded murder. He is always discrete in his profession, practicing his trade, perfecting it, and working it into a masterpiece of sinister artwork.

He has no respect or regard to fellow life. He is a monster in human skin, and the experimentations only deepened his bloodlust and psychopathic ways into something more primal. Masaru is also what one may now consider to be a ’cannibal(a result from the testings amongst many others.’)  Occasionally he does have a craving for raw flesh and when he doesn’t actively eat, his mindset goes haywire. Look upon it as having withdrawals from an addicting drug, the extremity although pushes him one step closer as an active member of the growing zombie populace.

History:
Masaru was always a troublemaker, he was one of those kids that grew up in the wrong crowds. He been affiliated with organized crime at a young age, and over the years it only escalated and darken through his lifespan. At first things only started off as petty theft, but as he got older it changed to murder, drug smuggling, human trafficking. There was just no extent to what he wouldn’t do or wouldn’t avoid doing.

Still, he developed a fetish towards taking the life from others, experimenting on them, torturing them, and then disposing of the bodies afterwards. The extremities were getting to the point of jeopardizing the gang he was affiliated with and though he may of not had much schooling, he did have the resources to be street smart of what he was involved within. Not wanting to fully cross those he was a member of, he decided to persuade one of the members to make him a fake passport that would allow him proper citizenship into the U.S.

Things appeared to be good and quiet for awhile after his immigration; he even got a side job going to try to not attract too much attention. Though as he spent more time in the city, he begun to blend in and after a few years his dark side awoken. Slowly people begun to turn up missing, at first he preyed upon new residents, or people in other towns from where he lived. Then the addition begun to grow out of control and before he knew he, he was caught and put on death roll.

Yet, the latter never came, instead the government decided to intervene and use him as an experiment to test their growing projects. With him having a blank background as legal resident, they knew that no one would know any better, that no one would miss him. He did make quite the nice prototype before they may of fully issued the Venom onto the streets. Still in their eyes he is considered a failed project, thus why they threw him back into the prison, hoping some of the other cellmates would finish him off. Oh how wrong they were in that regard.