You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 02:19:05 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: I can't visit any 'secure' website.  (Read 406 times)

Offline ThatRPGuyTopic starter

I can't visit any 'secure' website.
« on: August 24, 2012, 06:10:55 AM »
I'm sorry I've made so many topics, but I'm having seriously problems. The latest is that I can't visit any website that would be considered 'secure'. My bank, email, and steam name a few. Every attempt I make is greeted with this;

The server's security certificate is not yet valid!
You attempted to reach gmail.com, but the server presented a certificate that is not yet valid. No information is available to indicate whether that certificate can be trusted. Google Chrome cannot reliably guarantee that you are communicating with gmail.com and not an attacker. Your computer's clock is currently set to Thursday, January 3, 2002 6:04:40 AM. Does that look right? If not, you should correct any error the refresh this page.
You cannot proceed because the website operator has requested heightened security for this domain.

All these different sites can't be having the same problem at once, I imagine, so it has to be me. Any ideas?

I just finished formatting the new HDD, all I've done so far is install windows and windows security essentials.

Re: I can't visit any 'secure' website.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:13:05 AM »
I don't know if this is related, but not I get an error message every time I try and update MSE. It worked perfectly the first time, but not after.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 06:21:32 AM »
..fix your computer's clock.

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 06:22:33 AM »
... I'm sorry, it's late and I've been at this a while. I feel really silly making this topic now...

Online Oreo

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 06:26:03 AM »
Indeed. Control Panel - left column - clock, language and region.

... I'm sorry, it's late and I've been at this a while. I feel really silly making this topic now...

It happens. The brain gets dopey after hours of PC hoop jumping.