News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What's On Your Desktop?

Started by despickable, August 20, 2012, 08:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

despickable

A little bit of fun that can be played with or without pictures just say what is currently on your desktop as in the scene or picture

I start  I have the flag of the Isle of Man Because it's a fun flag of a three legged figure.
Tell or show what is on your desktop.

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Beguile's Mistress

A basket of flowers on one and a Japanese garden scene on the other.

Siouxsie Asylum

Lilias

A bright painting of a garden (fence, stone steps, lavender and heather bushes on either side, lots of pots). No idea what medium it is, or who the artist is - I can't decipher the signature. It was just the explosion of colour that drew me. :-)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

diamonedsky

A mediocre sketch of Wyatt Cain and Glitch from the Syfy mini-series Tin Man[:

artist's deviantArt link: http://megaloo.deviantart.com/
O/O   ☆   A/A   ☆   Avatars
Van Halen - Tattoo

Spero

RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful
CRAVING!: Dark Fantasy & Warhammer 40k Roleplay! Please PM if you want to RP~

Mordred

An odd picture of a UFO flying near a mountain that is surrounded by water.. in the dark.
*See Pillory*

Kuroneko

Right now, a picture of the surf rolling over rocks at sunset.  It's all very purple and violet and red rock.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Oreo

Can be clicked for larger view.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Rage

Currently, a picture montage of when I went to see System just before they disbanded, with a few pictures of my night out with Dave Macintosh, the drummer from Dragonforce.
In a restaurant.
"Would you like a table?"
"Nope, I want to eat on the floor... Carpet for five, please"

DarkSideofThinking

I have the standard picture diashow from Win7 showing some beautiful landscape pictures of Germany :)

diamonedsky

A gorgeous photograph of the Han River in South Korea:

Van Halen - Tattoo

Inari

Scanty and Kneesocks from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt:

Mordred

*See Pillory*

Oreo

That is so cool Mordred! poor Hal

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Skadii

gaggedLouise

I love using pictures from the Arctic, currently this gorgeous Greenland pic. I spent some early years close to the Arctic circle - not in Greenland though...

And yeah, the use of the shot with Dave putting Hal out of action is eminent, Mordred.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Mordred

Quote from: Oreo on August 27, 2012, 08:59:14 PM
That is so cool Mordred! poor Hal

Thanks, Oreo.. yeah.. always felt a pang of sadness when Hal started talking (and singing) soooooo slow.
*See Pillory*

Lilias

Another of the same series of bright paintings - landscapes of Provence, I'm told; this one a hilltop village. I might just create an album of the lot and share them.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Lyria

All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

diamonedsky

Yesterday I introduced my roommate to one of my favorite movies, which I haven't been able to see in a while.
So, needless to say, my background image now reflects that awesome.

Artist's deviantArt link
Van Halen - Tattoo

Mordred

Quote from: diamonedsky on September 05, 2012, 12:25:05 PM
Yesterday I introduced my roommate to one of my favorite movies, which I haven't been able to see in a while.
So, needless to say, my background image now reflects that awesome.

Artist's deviantArt link

Damn.. I can't even properly say how much I love this film. From the first moment until the very end, it's an absolute work of art. *nods with a grin* Excellent background choice there, adorable one! :)
*See Pillory*

diamonedsky

Quote from: Mordred on September 06, 2012, 11:22:06 PM
Damn.. I can't even properly say how much I love this film. From the first moment until the very end, it's an absolute work of art. *nods with a grin* Excellent background choice there, adorable one! :)

-grins, straightening in pride- Of course it is! I first saw Oldboy three years ago, and no matter how many times I watch it, it just.. never.. gets... old.

I heard a couple weeks ago, though, that there's supposed to be an American remake, and I sincerely hope that doesn't happen because there's just no way to compete -scrunches her nose-
Van Halen - Tattoo

Mordred

Quote from: diamonedsky on September 06, 2012, 11:46:03 PM
-grins, straightening in pride- Of course it is! I first saw Oldboy three years ago, and no matter how many times I watch it, it just.. never.. gets... old.

I heard a couple weeks ago, though, that there's supposed to be an American remake, and I sincerely hope that doesn't happen because there's just no way to compete -scrunches her nose-

Yikes I also hope that doesn't happen. Remakes should be outlawed.. apart from the passage of time and/or when there is a clear improvement to be made. Not simply in hopes of capturing a different audience. That audiene should go see the awesome original!
*See Pillory*