You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 04:24:30 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Before we get to a FAQ - forum organization  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Moondazed

• Hmm... plot or pleasure? Perhaps a bit of both...
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • I'm a switch, name your pleasure...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Before we get to a FAQ - forum organization
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 03:06:54 PM »
I think it's less confusing for new people if it's in a different category :) 

Offline Xillen

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 04:57:10 AM »
I'm probably pretty late with this, but why are "General Literacy Discussion" and "Generic Universal Gaming Forum" in the "Gaming and Writing" section? The way they're mixed with all the looking for games board might hint newcomers that they're some way to play here over Elliquiy, while actually they're to discuss literacy and games that are not related to Elliquiy. I think it would be more clear to new people that they're discussion board, if they were with the actual discussion boards, thus the General Chat section. Just my 2 cents.

Offline NightBird

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 09:59:42 AM »
It's my understanding that they're in the left column because they're public, and they're in the Gaming and Writing section because they both relate to gaming and writing. The General Literary Discussion board is also for discussion and critique of non-adult game posts or stories posted to the Storytelling - Public forum. It used to reside in the Arts & Literature category, but was moved to improve clarity about which forums are public.

I hope that helps clarify a bit. Site Deities could likely offer more detailed information than that.

Offline Xillen

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 10:02:11 AM »
Left column and public I can agree with very much. It's just the Gaming and Writing section that they're in, as opposed to the General Chat session (which is also in the left column), that might be confusing. You could be right about the Literature board, though. I'm less aware of it. Still think that even despite that, it's still a discussion.

But yeah, it could be just my view on things.