You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 07:48:36 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Creating a Photo Database  (Read 262 times)

Offline drivebyteTopic starter

Creating a Photo Database
« on: August 17, 2012, 10:29:40 AM »
Hey all,

I'm looking for some help on organizing a mass of photos that I have. These are the NSFW type, so I'm not looking for a highly visible solution (like Windows Photo or whatever, though if I must, I must). Currently, I'm using Picasa which is not bad but it doesn't seem to want to update from the folder as much as I want it to and it has become sluggish and honestly has more editing features than I need. However, I really do like a couple things about it such as the smart face tagging that works 50/50. It has a tagging system, but it seems that it could be better.

My ideal would be to have something like a localized Danbooru clone to open up and tag the images, note the model and the artist, and remove duplicates and so on. The issue with this is that I have no idea for how to set such a thing up and if it's even technologically feasible without a server/putting money into it.

I've tried my google-fu and it hasn't been up to the task. A lot of the articles are outdated by about 3 years or offer software that is objectively worse (bulkier, not as feature rich) as Picasa. So any help would be appreciated.