Microphone issue when setting up for Mumble

Started by Adammair, August 11, 2012, 09:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adammair

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice or a little help with a problem with setting up my webcam/microphone for use with Mumble.

Let me start out with what I know. I have a USB webcam with a mic built in. I've used it successfully with Mumble before, and the only problem I had was that I had to go into setup every time, or else the people in the Mumble chat room claimed I sounded like an electronic chipmunk, or some such. I can assure you that I don't sound like that in real life. *chuckles*

I recently upgraded the motherboard, processor, and video card in my computer. Now, when I run through the Mumble setup, I get an echo-type feedback when I get to the part where it asks me to speak loudly, then softly. I can hear my voice, but it echoes, fading out over several seconds. I also get an echo from background noise, as well, even when not speaking.

I am wondering if swapping the USB headers to the new motherboard has anything to do with this, or maybe there is a conflict with the sound drivers (don't see how, as I didn't do anything to the sound card, nor the drivers).

Any help would be appreciated, and if anyone needs any other information about my computer setup, I will do my best to answer.

Thanks,
Adammair

Autumn Sativus

Before connecting, run the audio wizard and turn things down until you don't get that feedback. It also helps to select Push to Talk instead of constantly keeping the mic on, so even if you do get feedback it's not barraging the other users.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Adammair

Thanks, Saffron. I have it set to Push to Talk already. I will give your other suggestion a try.

Vekseid

Adammair