It's fine. I was just heading to bed when I saw this. :) My mind is very mysterious. Therefore, if my explanations aren't clear please ask any more questions or if you think of more just ask.
1. Will I be playing the "changeling"? Most likely. I may be willing to give it to someone else based on their ideas for it. I do have an idea in mind for how the changeling could be.
2. The setting will be the town they live in. It is a small area probably with a low population around 1,000 to 1,500 people. Of course this can change depending on the number of people who sign up for it.
3. The characters aren't trapped in their nightmares, they were pulled into the nightmare of the "changeling". Everyone else in the town is in their own dreams. I have thought of them having a waking period within the nightmare of the "changeling" (the point at which they realize they aren't in their own dream/mind) and needing to find a way to fully wake up into their conscious body. The mist covering the town keeps everyone overall asleep.
The changeling's nightmare might be like a waking nightmare for them once they wake up in it, if you wish to look at it that way.
4. The plot revolves more heavily around the characters. As it stands now, the changeling would be watching them in a sense. After all, these select characters were pulled into it's nightmare for one reason or another. As it gets stronger, the changeling may start to go after the characters in order to complete it's goal of a body faster. Overall, it is the "changeling's" quest but it revolves around the characters who would make it's quest a reality.
5. No characters will be killed unless the person controlling the characters wants them to be killed. For example, if you make two characters and wish for one to die then you would state that in the OOC thread of the rp.
Are you talking Changeling, as in...the Changeling like, the white wolf Changeling? Because if you are...I'm super excited lol, I have a character all prepared and everything lol
I don't think so. I am talking more of the folklore version of the creatures that would take the place of children or what they could with the exception that this one is dead and wishes to have it's own existence rather than taking that of others.