You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 12:01:26 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Character Ages  (Read 496 times)

Offline FlorenceTopic starter

Character Ages
« on: July 31, 2012, 05:05:24 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'd like to see if anyone can clarify something for me.

Characters can't be engaged in sexual content if they're under 16, I get that, but is it kosher for an rp that has sexual content to have characters in it who are under 16 PROVIDED they stay as far away from the sexual content as physically possible?

I ask cause I'm running a Final Fantasy VIII-based group rp, and I'm opening up a flashback thread for people to rp stuff out that already happened before the rp started up, and I want to know if them having flashbacks to their characters before they were 16 would be acceptable, provided nothing dirty happens around them.

Also, it'll just help to know if I can use NPCs who are under 16, and such, in case the plot needs a kid to save from a monster or something, or just some kids running around so that the cities aren't suspiciously devoid of child life.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Character Ages
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 05:11:42 PM »
Yes.

Offline Elina

• How am I supposed to breathe? I try to relax. I touch your still frame, so I can watch you closer and study the ways I believe I belong to you.
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • I'm drinking what used to be sin.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »
No pictures, though, of anyone under 18 under any circumstance, including as character pictures.  :)

Offline FlorenceTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 08:34:27 PM »
Thanks for the help, I have another question, since one of the players in the rp I'm running asked this:

Aaah, cool.

In terms of adult content, does that also mean no horrifically violent/gory scenes, or is it specifically just no sexualization of minors?

Offline Elina

• How am I supposed to breathe? I try to relax. I touch your still frame, so I can watch you closer and study the ways I believe I belong to you.
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • I'm drinking what used to be sin.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 08:41:37 PM »
All sexual role playing and sexual storytelling must involve physically and mentally mature characters. They must be sixteen years of age or over, and/or the physical and mental equivalent. Banned role playing and story subjects include lolicon, shotacon, or any other form of sexualizing prepubescent minors.

That is the rule.  It seems to apply specifically to sexual content and not general adult content.

Offline SpiralSpider

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 05:01:40 PM »
This is a great question to ask... I"m glad to know the answer now, too.  :-)