Vampire the Requiem

Started by RubySlippers, April 23, 2008, 06:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowz

Quote from: Seraph on June 13, 2008, 03:31:48 PM
*Returns the soft kiss*  don't be thanking me yet,  Mr.T has allowed me to put my thread in Extreme...  were going to have lots and lots of fun!

Then I will be having much to thank you for... I know we both share that same sense of fun!

BentNotBroken

I love your avatar Shadowz! Very fitting for this story especially! :)

Stevej101

Sorry I'm late in getting to this thread, going to have to try to catch up after the weekend if you all still need me.  Was not the best day at work for postiness.
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

BentNotBroken

Of course we still need you! :)

Stevej101

OK, I'm going to need a little help with the sheet I think, I lost my books :(

Meg and I were talking in PM with her relaying to GT and this is the concept we had pretty much worked up;

My character (to be named when I can actually come up with one) is one of several generations back, (clan to be determined by need of story teller). He has though much luck and a little of his own trickery managed to secure his place as the prince of the city.

Little escapes his information net and he is pretty much aware of every vampire in the city, making a point of knowing a good deal about any that would be a threat to his position.

Megs' hook,

The girl he takes was more of a random event, he was feeding one night and she stumbled across the scene.  He grabbed her and was about to make her his second course, the fresh blood giving him fire in his eyes, but still, a moment before she became a second corpse in the alley he realized how beautiful she was.  In that moment he gave her the choice, life everlasting as his or a swift death.

Not sure if things have changed since we talked about this before I was out but if this is good to start then maybe a little PM assist for the character sheet if someone with the books would be so kind?
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

My character is not mystically marked for reference its a drink wristband one might get for underage persons that has a "don't mess with her" written on it in a way Kindred would recognize. She has no special ties to the Elder, yet. She doesn't even know the womans name just she is fun to talk to and interesting.

Stevej101

OK, here is your prince (charming maybe not)

Character Sheet: Gordon Breslin  (SteveJ101)
Clan Ventrue

Abilities:8

Power:  4   Finesse: 4     Resistance: 3

Mental Skills:5

Academics: 3   Crafts: 0     Investigation: 2

Physical Skills:4 +2

Athletics: 1    Combat: 2    Stealth: 3

Social Skills:6 +2

Persuasion:  4 Socialize: 4   Streetwise: 1

Merits:23
Allies: 4
City Status: 6
Haven: 3
Resources: 6
Status (circle of the crone): 4

Disciplines:11
Dominate (clan):5 
Majesty: 4
Resilience (clan):2

Willpower:6
Health:8
Defense:4
Blood:14
Blood Potency: 5 

now all I have to do is find the game   *looks for his thread GPS unit*

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

I'm not sure if its a good idea to have the Prince a player, its kind of unbalancing.

Elohim

I can understand allowing him a bit more points if your a fan of his RP,  but,  I have to agree A PC prince with 112 EXP points in blood potency alone when every other character is at base power level as...  a bit daunting.

RubySlippers

I think having a PC anywhere higher up in the power structure unbalancing even as a sheriff or the like those positions should be earned and role-played to get. If you want to do that why not seperate games one for elders and one for mortals becoming vampires and new vampires.

And I would scrap the goals system its not going to be used by me that often and it seems to make progression far too fast.

The Great Triangle

I don't really think that fast progression is too much of a problem really.  Vampire the Requiem isn't like Masquerade; the Prince will die like any other dog if he's outnumbered.  His only real asset is his social standing, but that will corrode if he doesn't behave justly.

Additionally, Elder vampires lack specializations, and don't receive xp, due to the Ennui of immortality.  Therefore, it will be quite possible for younger vampires to stand up to them, particularly by outmaneuvering them socially.  Even people high up on the power structure, like the Sheriff, still have to worry about a dark alley and a shallow grave. 

However, I can remove PC elders from the game if you'd like, but I don't think it will be too much of a burden in the nWOD system, at least not if PCs use their xp reserves to recruit allies and generally use their youth well.  And then, there's always diablerie...

Ons and Offs

BentNotBroken

HUH?  :o  What language was that? B/c I didn't understand shit! lol

RubySlippers

No biggy when my mighty blood cult rises in the night and the blades and torches of my hunters stalk the Prince and his supporters all will fall before me. mwhahahahahahahah

just kidding

BentNotBroken

LOL you crack me up Ruby  ;D

Darthvegeta800

*nods open-eyed*
Euhm... okay.
I think i got that... kind of.

Stevej101

Ok, I have a PM from GT explaining some of the problems you are thinking about and I will tell you here as I replied to him.

It is not my intent to have the Prince use his mind control and various powers to rule with an Iron fist.  My main reason for joining is because meggymeg begged so sweetly to come in and be her partner.

The role of the prince, as I see it, will be more political, trying to keep the various factions in some form of order.  Will he use his abilities?  Yes, of course, but he is not going to gather a harem.  He will use them ever so slightly perhaps to sway a decision from someone sitting on the fence.

I have not worked out a full idea of where the politics of the game are starting of for that natter, headed, and a PM or 12 with thoughts from you guys would be cool.

Hell, maybe if we work at it a little we could even make GT have to think as the Storyteller, no reason we could not give him a little challenge as well :D

Anyway, that all I have to say about that, I want to hear from friends and foes of the Prince, let's see if we can not have a good time with this game ok?

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

No biggy my character is likely to avoid the Court and politics her duties lay elsewhere. And stability is a good thing so a war over the throne would really be a bad thing.

The Great Triangle

The main political struggle in the city will most likely be the Lancea Sanctum trying to avoid being an obscure faction.  The sanctified don't believe in preserving their Humanity, so their actions may end up raising some eyebrows from the other factions. 

It'll really be up to the players, however, whether or not they can really take the risk of letting the sanctum open up more missing persons cases as opposed to the difficulty of fighting the sanctified.  They may lack money, but they have vast herds from their churches and large numbers of deadly warriors. 

I may also decide to throw either a cell of VII or Belial's Brood into the mix to make things more exciting.  Anyone who wants to secretly, (or overtly) work for one of these antisocial secret factions go ahead and PM me. 

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

I added ONS/OFFS to my character sheet, please read them everyone, they are to immediately be applied and since the vampire is now effectively raping my character the scene is over you may FADE TO BLACK or change the Elders interests to be less controlling and we can continue. Or I can drop Edna and do another character where you can write up an elder that would be more suited to softer role-playing aspects. I'm sorry but I won't go where some of you want to with this game I wanted originally a romantic seduction into the darkness with a vampire she loved and who likely was just as interested in her. Even if the blood bond twisted that to something else in the end the food source role was really secondary to the lover, consort and friend aspect she was selected for.

And since I consider the current scene rape its something I don't feel comfortable with at all role-playing it out.

Hanna

Is this game active and recruiting? I was wondering if i could join up? I will have to find my old books, and will need some help as i haven't played for ages, and even then my friend helped me through most of it, so i didn't get a good grasp of the rules.

Something along the lines of the "Scheming Enforcers" mentioned in the players wanted forum

RubySlippers

I'm not the Storyteller for the game but we need all the players we can get in my opinion.

Hanna

Yay ;D

Ill dig out my books and start with the re-learning of the basic rules.  :-\ might take a while

The Great Triangle

Yep, I'm the ST of the game.  I'm perfectly happy to have another player!   :)   

It would be nice to have another PC working in the city, then I'd pretty much have enough players to start setting up events outside individual storylines.  Are you familiar with the various vampire clans?

Also, of the various political factions, which sounds most interesting to you?  You don't have to be part of the Circle of the Crone to be part of the Prince's government, although he'll consider you less of a threat that way.  (if you keep your head down.) 

Ons and Offs

BentNotBroken

Hey Hanna, welcome to the game :) Where'd you find your avatar pic? It's cute!